CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 92 celica, cd player broken??

When I have a cd playing, I only get sound from all of the left speakers. The right speakers are silent. But when I have the radio on, all of the speakers work and sound great. This is a system 10 setup with everything stock. What could be the problem here?
    The perks of being a pessimist are that you're either right or pleasantly surprised.

aftermarket cd player or stock?

Quote Originally Posted by PC
    aftermarket cd player or stock?
    all stock
    The perks of being a pessimist are that you're either right or pleasantly surprised.

I had a problem similar when i first got my car, but for me only the passenger side door sub wouldnt work. The system 10's amp under the seat amps all the speakers, so i went there looking for the problem and found that the amp had taken on a lot of water. my first guess would be to take your amp apart and see if the board is waterlogged or if something is wrong there.

I played around with it a little more. Turns out the tweeters work on the right side but the other speakers on that side don't.

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by corvelx
    I played around with it a little more. Turns out the tweeters work on the right side but the other speakers on that side don't.
    If the tweeters are working on that side then the 4" are also recieving power (normaly) wire up a test spealer (little speaker with about 10" 0f wire)
    and disconnect the wire on the 4" enclosure (quick disconnect) and see if it is putting out signal.. if so replace the speakers as needed.
    David
    BM Dubyou
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Quote Originally Posted by david in germany
    If the tweeters are working on that side then the 4" are also recieving power (normaly) wire up a test spealer (little speaker with about 10" 0f wire)
    and disconnect the wire on the 4" enclosure (quick disconnect) and see if it is putting out signal.. if so replace the speakers as needed.
    David
    But like my original post stated, I only have this problem when I try to play a CD. When the radio is on, all of the speakers work.

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

It is the deck then. 100%. your options are to try and find a replacement (ebay or here on the board) or repair (lots of $) or go after market.
    David
    By the way is it the 2 piece deck and extra single cd or the double din with cd and cassette in the same piece?
    BM Dubyou
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver

It is the deck then. 100%. your options are to try and find a replacement (ebay or here on the board) or repair (lots of $) or go after market.
    David
    By the way is it the 2 piece deck and extra single cd or the double din with cd and cassette in the same piece?
    It's the one with the cd and cassette in the same piece. It's my second celica so I'm thinking about swapping decks from both celicas.

What do I need to know about the anti-theft system and the deck? Both cars have it.

Images

If the anti theft has never been activated you don't need to do anything. if it has been activated your only choice is to go to a dealer and have them clear the code.
    BM Dubyou

If the anti theft has never been activated you don't need to do anything. if it has been activated your only choice is to go to a dealer and have them clear the code.
    I called the dealership here in town and they told me it would be $50 bucks to clear the code. How can I tell if the anti theft has never been activated?

Thanks for your help

Images

That is an easy one... stick it in the car, if it works.. no if it doesn't work it has been activated.
    BM Dubyou

That is an easy one... stick it in the car, if it works.. no if it doesn't work it has been activated.
    I was hoping for an easier method

Images

2 n a .5 minutes is not easy? doh!
    lol
    BM Dubyou

Thread Information