CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snoopy Da Rolla

Default Snoopy Da Rolla

1st off the story behind this car is, my friend and i were looking for a small pickup or suv for 1000 or less that was a toyota, nissan or a mitsubishi mighty max. Long story short he ended up getting a minivan from his folks. Well my other friend is recently divorced (ex husband was cheating on her using drugs ect) and has no transportation other than a bicycle that shes been riding everywhere. so she saved up some money and wanted the same thing, a truck or small suv with decent gas milage for under a grand and little to no work needed.

well after 2 months of searching we almost got a 94 jeep cherokee with the 4.0 6 and 4wd, but the girl wouldnt come down from 900 dollars and the truck needed a bit of work (cheap brakes, blown shocks, needed body work, steered kinda funny, leaked oil) so i offered 500 to the who who said she would give me a call later in the day.

well i think she ended up selling it or trading it in. So while browsing craigslist i ran across a 88 toyota corolla for 600 dollars. Called the guy, talked to him, and arranged to look at it. Well longer story short, me and my friend ended up getting it for 420.

well it drove, ran lil rough but had a new battery, dizzy, fan, 2 new 13's on alloys even. Though it was interesting driving it 8 miles to my friends house with no brakes (they didnt work)

so after awhile i found the master cylinder was bad so i got it replaced for free (under warrenty from discount advance). This pas weekend i did this

Bled brakes
    replaced fuel filter
    cleaned the car with gumout (worked damn well)
    advanced the timing
    replaced the broken driver headlight.

so heres the new junkyard list
    mid right a/c vent
    pass rear door window (has a nice aluminum panel right now)
    seat belt recepticals
    dash
    radio
    fan, someone put a universal fan in place of the oem one which seems like it moves less air.
    shocks, i think i saw a almost new set on a car in the junkyard
    rear wiper arm, yes its a wagon
    1 door arm rest
    jack

engine needs new seals so it'll quit leaking oil
    also needs belts

i just ordered the following
    2 front rotors, after 20% off came to 35 bucks
    front axxis metal master pads (cant beat 13 dollars shipped from rock auto)
    fram extra guard air filter, again 10 bucks from rock auto with a 3 dollar rebate

dont worry im getting paid for all this, its kinda fun to cause the car is so simple. but dont worry i just mess with this car on saturday and the gts i mess with during the week.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

opps: heres the craigslist pics i saved

94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

brakes are on, car stops ok, going to bleed the master on monday

kinda interesting the car came with solid rotors and the new ones were vented

speedo wanders if u get past 60, ill repair that later

it does sound awsome though with a rotted out muffler and no air filter lid, just the filter and its base (filter media is on top not on the sides)

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Corolla Wagons suck.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

yeah they are awful, but it somehow grew on me real quick like, to the point of being possibly bought back by me in the spring

oh i skrewed up on the name, the car has been named snoopy (long story)

well it made a 200+ mile round trip today with no issues

also i was dumb and forgot to bleed the master itself and adjust the rear drums, after me and keelen did those the car stops damn good

also got some ebay headlight bulbs for 4 dollars shipped that work very well, and has a very slight bluish tint to them but its kinda faint. stock wattage too, after that i replaced all the bulbs cept the front turns.(brake light went out so i did em all)

im going to go yarding this weekend though to grab more parts for it though

oh and i won a kyb gr2 for 16 dollars shipped, now i just need to get the other side, good thing theres a rolla in the cheap yard with a new suspension

got a mint dash, all vents, and interior trim to go with it for 30

forgot the driver mudflap so ill go get it t'marra

now its down to needing shocks, a bigger fan, (the small fan is ok for now), a back window wiper motor and arm, a muffler( i have several) and a passenger seatbelt receptical (i think i have one in a box of parts)

then its pretty much done.

so total of 150 later in parts we have...

LE tach cluster
    Rear wiper motor
    Rear wiper arm
    Rear cargo shade
    Rear door trim panel
    Toyota truck seat belt recepticals,(the rolla ones desenergrade the truck ones dont)
    Rear trunk carpet
    Dash vents

Ta'marra ima try to install all this stuff and sunday im going to install the dash, pass front shock and see if i can get the ol' car to shine up.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

i thought you sold this thing.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

i did, im building it up for a close friend

though when ever she gets a new ride i get this one back

so i get to have fun building the thing, work at my own pace and i get paid for it, win

Im almost done though, it just needs the muffler welded on, a cv axle, a lil audio work, and trying to convince her to drop 280 coin on a weber 32/36 and thats all folks
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 01-15-2011 at 01:12 AM.

blown passenger shock replaced with brand new bilstein i found in the junkyard, new bilstein for 10 dollars ppl!
    dash is in
    seatbelts fixed
    wiper motor and arm installed for rear
    mud flap on
    dash vents in

tried the tach guage cluster but i guess i gotta do some slight mods to it and i didnt have time to do

Thread Information