CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welders...

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Welders...

I'm looking to pick myself up a welder. Nothing serious, just to get practice and learn and such for welding. I'm looking at this one from Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/120-amp...der-97503.html

It runs off household power (which I like). Also it's able to either do flux core or gas welding, which also I like (mainly because I won't have to get the gas up front as well, I can just use flux core).

Anything else I should be concerned about?
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My buddy has that one. It's a decent welder for the money, but stay near your fuse box. We used it at the coffee shop to weld a stand for a grill, and it kept popping fuses. In a commercial building, that's weird.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I have one just like that and it works great. I have welded alot of metal with it.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

have you try northertool welder? it is same price but better quality, they have welder on sale for 150 and free ship and include 1lb of spool and wire brush, it was on sale now it is 180, you might be pick it up in store
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3263_200403263

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by aye87 View Post
    have you try northertool welder? it is same price but better quality, they have welder on sale for 150 and free ship and include 1lb of spool and wire brush, it was on sale now it is 180, you might be pick it up in store
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3263_200403263
    Harbor Freight looks like the same thing Northern Tool. Northern Tool is east coast too lol.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

i have the northern flux core welder, it is good for newbie and can be hook up with gas
    use the hobart flux core gasless spool 2lb instead of the one the came with the welder

Thread Information