CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 205 WTA is on!

Default 205 WTA is on!

Well I got it all on today. The actual intercooler install wasn't bad. I had to drill out the holes in the 205 throttle body adapter. That was a little bit of a pain. I took DarthRipley's advice and used a pipe cutter and cut the big hump off the end of the inlet pipe. After that, I heated it with a torch and put the hammer handle in the inlet and it bent over perfectly. I wasn't even sure that it moved, but when I tried it on the car, it lined up perfectly.

The water house were a major pain in the ass. I had measured every thing and thought 5/8 heater house would work. It went on the heat exchanger fairly easily, a little harder on the pump but no way on the intercooler. I got the hose installed on everything else and ran up to the intercooler. I then had to go to Lowes and got a 3/4 to 5/8 barb. I got the 3/4 hose on the intercooler but it was very difficult. Evidently the intercooler pipes are some odd metric size.

Anyway, the water lines are all hooked up and it looks like everything is working OK. I wasn't sure that my pump was up to it. I'm using the Rule 401FC pump like Frozenboost sells with their kit. I bought it from a fishing place, but the same pump. It's rated at 500 gph. I'll see how it works. At the time, I didn't have the money for the Bosch pump and since I already had this one I thought I'd try it. Frozenboost says that they've got one on they shop car and has been working fine for quite some time. The pump is supposed to be good for 15,000 hours so I'll guess I'll see.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. Right now I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Running the water lines took about 3.5 hours and kind of kicked my ass for the day.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Nice! Looking forward to the pics! Sounds similar to what I did. I think I just dremeled off the end, then torched it and bent it with a breaker bar or something with leverage.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC

Tropical storm kind of put the kibosh on pictures this even. Soon though. I've also go to update my project thread as well.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

OK, I got a couple of pictures today. Everything is dirty and needs cleaned up after the rain last week.

Here's the intercooler mounted.

I realized while I was in the process of putting the intercooler on the car that I had forgotten my BOV back in WV when I moved. I'm going to get it when I go home in a couple of weeks. I found a plug that would fit the hole and got it sealed off in the mean time. No problems with it so far. I put the silicon connector back on the port just to keep from losing it in the mean time.

The intercooler went on really easy. Mixmaster got a 205 TB coupler for me from the UK with some parts he ordered. This made the job a lot easier. On the turbo side, that went a lot easier than I thought it would. I used a pipe cutter and cut the "hump" off the end of the inlet like Darthripley suggested. This was only about a 1/4" or less of material. Next, I inserted the handle of my hammer into the inlet, careful not to hit the core, and then heated the inlet pipe with a torch. I don't have a picture of it but it lined up perfectly. This didn't take anywhere near as long as I thought it might and you cannot tell that the inlet is moving. It lined up just as good as the stock ATA unit and I was even able to use the stock coupler.

Here's a shot of my fused power block.

This is a marine unit that I bought at Pro Bass. I think it has 8 fused circuits. I ran a hot wire from the battery to the main connector on the block. From there you add a fuse to the circuit you want to use and the wire screw into the side. Nice and easy. The relay in the picture is for the intercooler pump. In powers the pump once the key is turned on.

So far everything is working well. I've still got some clean up to do and I need to get a proper cap for the vacuum port in the rear and a few other little things. I think I've about got all the air out of the system. That has taken a little while. I'll get some more pictures and got some of the pump as well.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Thread Information