CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

Thread: more 5SFTE info

Hybrid View

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Default more 5SFTE info

Would have posted this onto an existing thread, but since they're both locked...

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?...l=5sfte+tuning

One note: I thought the stock 5SFE tranny was the S53 or S54, and the Camry/Solara V6 tranny was the E153. This guy lists it the other way around.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings
     ...to the topTop

Its definately wrong. The 5th gen has an S53, the 6th gen has an S54 and the camry/solara is definately an E153.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.
     ...to the topTop

Even more info so we can set the record straight.

In my last writeup i mentioned the use of 7mge injectors. These injectors have turned out being 315cc/min injectors rather than 360cc/min as the supra guys claimed.

To set the record straght ...

5sfte baseline fuel setups

1 bar map sensor + 8:1 FMU (expected power levels of 195 hp and 7psi of boost)
    2 bar map sensor + 360cc-450cc/min injectors (10psi, 12psi fuel cut)
    2.5 bar + 540cc/min (15psi fuel cut, hp potential up to 360 hp)
    3 bar + 645cc/min (29? psi fuel cut, big hp potential, bad idle)

I don't want to see anyone using anything less than 360cc/min injectors anymore...they are just plain too small.

Quick source for oem denso injectors in various sizes:

360cc/min 3000GT vr4 (brown top?)
    390cc/min 1G DSM auto (gray top?)
    440cc/min 1G DSM manual (Blue or black top)
    560cc/min EVO 8

Good luck and happy boosting
    2005 C200 Kompressor sport
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster
    On the way:HKS FCD's (12psi), Remus testpipe (2ndary cat), vortech 2:1 FMU

my blog:
     ...to the topTop

hmmm this is new to me....

Reinstall the valve cover and install your new spark plugs and torque them down to 12lbs. Be sure you have gapped them to .030! If you fail to do so your engine will detonate at exactly 5 pounds of boost!

...to the topTop

Thread Information