CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BGB Links

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Default BGB Links

I guess this is the place to post this. It is about fixing some of the things on the BGB that I come across.

I want to say first and foremost - I am NOT complaining - I am very thankful to have that resource and use it more and more daily - I just thought it might be a good idea to have a "living" thread where various problems are noted by those that find them - that way the problems are easier to fix.

I am starting here with the electrical diagram section of the 5th Gen Alltrac - because that is currently what I need to fix a "pressing problem".

This section has allot of broken links - in fact most of them are broken. Without going into "individual cases" there are essentially three scanned diagrams available - the "control" diagram, which shows wiring for engine control systems from ECU and sensors, the "starting" diagram", which shows circuits associated with starting, and finally a schematic showing the connections to the dash panel "annunciators".

All of these images are in the directory:

http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchi...e/90alltrac/D/

Note that the "menu items" under the electrical diagram main items have many listings for body and other electrical circuits - but they all point to this directory above - that really only has the diagrams I listed above - all those other "menu items" point to either non-existent files or files that have nothing to do with the subject of the menu item.

I would think that the links for the 5th gen Alltrac electrical diagrams should only be available for the documents that are actually there - yet possibly ALL the indicated diagrams ARE available - only the reside in different directories?

What would be the recommended way to report bugs - specific example of broken links or what I have done above - a basic description of the multiple problems?

For myself - I have at least started by sorting out the files available - starting with the control schematic. I brought all these jpg images into a file where I changed combined them and then made an 11X17 file that I could print - as having the complete thing on one page is good for me.

My first try at this is rather a "kludge" - but I post it here just in case it might be a help to someone.
    Attached Files
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

Posting in this forum or sending me a PM is the best way to say you found something that's broken.

The deal with the BGBs is this: we only have the manuals people have personally scanned. And sometimes we don't have all of the pages.

Hell, if I could get the funding, I'd build a DIY Book Scanner and borrow some BGBs.
    Last edited by KM; 07-20-2010 at 05:53 AM.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I am currently going through an inventory of what we have and where the issues are. So yep I'm actually looking at this. Like KM said, post specific issues here or send a PM and we can take a look.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Note my company was just bought and we have major money available - one thing we have just bought is a really fancy color printer/scanner with a document feeder that can do front and back side scanning into multiple file formats.

If I just had a BGB that I could "take apart" (i.e. unbind) - I'd certainly be willing to scan it.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

Quote Originally Posted by klapa View Post
    Note my company was just bought and we have major money available - one thing we have just bought is a really fancy color printer/scanner with a document feeder that can do front and back side scanning into multiple file formats.

If I just had a BGB that I could "take apart" (i.e. unbind) - I'd certainly be willing to scan it.
    Yeah... I'd rather just take the $300 investment to buy the plexiglass, wood, lights, and 2 cameras necessary to not have to cut apart an out-of-print book.

Thread Information