CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Post i need help with my third gen plzzz

i have a white 1985 celica gt with a stock 22Re
    i was wandering if there were any engine swaps capable for my car
    i know the 22Re is a damn good engine but i dont know if i should swap out for something bigger or just buy another 22Re and build it from the ground up turbo and all??
    also i need help figuring out if the 82-86 supra rear end will fit in my car i read somewhere it has to have independent suspension but i havent been able to find much else on it.

any performance tips would also help
    and should i cam my car?

ca ca ca classic!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are tons of threds in ctech about swaps make sure u search for them. I will try to find something for you when I get home

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Depends on what you are willing to do/spend. Almost anything can be made to fit. If you are looking for bolt up I would just rebuild with the factory turbo stuff, cam, pistons, etc.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

yeah im not looking to cut/mount anything
    nut i must say even though its only 105 hp
    the 22Re is still a respectable motor
    i thought about a six cylinders but i kinda like the gas mileage
    ca ca ca classic!!!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

I would go with a rebuild, stock turbo setup and a standalone

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

lol i like the fact that done right these things are beast and also a sleeper when it comes to killing hondas
    aka rice killer
    ca ca ca classic!!!

Member usp45 will become famous soon enough usp45's Avatar

Go to salvage auction, get LS400 donor for cheap, intstall 1uzfe into celica, change pants, profit! Ok, it's not quite that easy, but thats what I would do.

The mkII supra IRS really isn't worth all the bother of swapping IMO. Live axle is more fun anyways!

Check out www.celica-gts.com for more 3rd gen info

ill comment in a bit
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

easiest thing for you to do is find a 22rte (google it) and bolt it in. those things are freakin monsters with the right setup.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Hit up www.celica-gts.com/forums. They know their shit, and it's specific to the RWD Celicas.

That said, either find a 22rte, or swap in a 2rz or a 3rz. 2rz will turbo nicely, if you decide to go that route.

You will want a mki Supra rear end. It bolts in.

Find out more on Celica-gts.

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Daisy - Daily driver.
    1985 Toyota Celica GT Delilah - Sold.
    1984 Celica Supra project (unnamed) - Currently in the low budget parts acquisition phase.

i appreciate all this help
    thanks
    ca ca ca classic!!!

to swap the supra rear end is almost impossible

what u want is the 78-81 mk1 supra rear that has disk brakes, pull the e brake cables with it you will need those

as far as swaps, if u want to keep the 51/49 weight split and u want turbo get a 22rte or you can swap all the parts from a 22rte to a 22re. The factory turbo is crap. If you keep the stock exaust manifold you can run a mk3 supra ct26, just reclock it and modify the wategate arm and oil return. look on 22rte-trucks.com for that and any other info. Oh and in a celica if u do get a 22rte from a truck or 4 runner, use the ecu from the rte, the wiring harness from a 85 celica, and the oil pan w/ pickup tube from any 82-85 celica.

2nd way to go would be a boosted 2rz, apperantly a 3rz is too tall from what i read, but there are ways around that.

6cylinder engines

any m (4m 5m 6m 7m ect) series engine can be swapped into a 3rd gen w/o much fab work. A 7mgte would be the best bang for the buck cause they are plentiful and easier to get parts for. It will make the car a tad nose heavy.

1jz/2jz swap in as well but havent seen a writeup for 1 in a 3rd gen

1uzfe swaps in, its a bit of custom fab work though.

im going to hopefully have my gts up and running hopefully no later than november in my thread i made in the projects fourm im swapping a 22rte into my gts.

ill post more later but i gotta try and get a couple hours sleep before i work overnight tonight.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Thread Information