CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Im nearest to Burnt Woods with a Blodgett mailing address. In simpler terms, Im halfway between Corvallis and Newport off hwy20. It takes me about 2 hours to get to PDX.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

damn....well if u want it. U have to do the swapping tho...lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

So, I managed to find my missing black CC switch to match my wheel and got that installed. Ive also been slowly working on some other additions. Not really much to say about them really so I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

Manual boost controller set up in center console:

New shifter boot and restitched my momo shift knob to match my wheel.

Installed a drink holder under the head unit.

The "office"

Finally got started on the CAI box. It will eventually be insulated and sealed from the rest of the engine bay.

I managed to buy a twin scoll 2nd gen CT26 from a member here and when that arrives I will be starting to build my exhaust. That will be the last "power adder" I put on the car and after that will begin to focus on suspension and brakes. The plans are for coilovers, ST185 brakes, upgraded sway bars, frame/chassis bracing and cleanup/restoration of the rest of the chassis to rollback back some miles.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

Very clean work, I love your attention to detail. Props man..

The injector cleaner gave me a laugh but its actually a good idea. Ever have any issues with electrical sparks? I assume you run gas through the injectors when testing them.

Only issue I see with your tuning methods is A/F monitoring. Do you have a wideband or any accurate way of measuring the air/fuel ratio? I'd be nervous playing around with anything but timing without a wideband.

How is your MBC working? I considered routing mine into the interior but heard there can be issues with running the vacuum lines too long.

Oh yeah, I have a blue hatch privacy cover for a 4th gen sitting in my garage. Not sure if you have yours (their usually gone) or if you want one but if your interested shoot me a PM.
    -Chase

1990 4Runner SR5
    1990 Celica GT-Four

regarding the Injector cleaner I do run a gasoline/seafoam/techron mixture through the injectors of course to clean them. I have the electricals isolated from the rest of the system in a little box. Im not running any power anywhere near the injector when Im switching them out and hooking them up. Then once Im ready to run a cleaning cycle I just have to click a couple switches. Its not fool proof but its reasonable safe I believe.

As for tuning, Im not really "tuning" anything. Im still on the stock ECU so pretty much all Ive done is turn up the boost and provide the support for the increased pressure (straight intake, open exhaust, cooler plug, etc.). I do agree however and I really would like a wideband for monitoring purposes, but just feel I dont quite need to have one for "tuning" at this point.

The MBC seems to work ok but I am actually concerned that its possible its the reason that I have slight overboost in lower gears before the gate catches up. As I said I have a gen2 turbo coming and if I still have the same issue with the new turbo I'll probably try a differnet set up with the controller. I eventually will go EBC, but this is serving the purpose for now.

...and yeah I'll PM you about the privacy shade
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Well so I finally got the 2nd gen turbo swapped over into her. Power is nice and smooth but ive yet to turn the boost up past 10. I still need to do a little work on the exhaust as its hitting near the resonator and making some noise.

Anyway, after I had her back together and fully tested I went and made a little video to show her off. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...56480931057966
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Member usp45 will become famous soon enough usp45's Avatar

Have you named her yet This thread reminds me of a kid i went to school with named "Noname Garcia"... No bullshit, that was his legal name.

yeah, sorry, her name is Lily now.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

OK so I finally got a chance to finish my CAI and battery area reconfigure. I still need to make my underhood battery post setup. Im trying to decide what kind of material to use.

I lengthened my intake tube and because of that I ended up making a new block off panel. Here is a before and after of that corner under the hood:

before:

after:

I then finished off the edge with some split hose:

The weather has sucked here this week but I also managed to nightshade my lenses. I plan to install multi-LED bulbs to compensate for the tint. They actually look darker in the pictures than they really are.

Once I'm fully happy with the location of everything I going to do a little touch up painting in this area as well. The battery of course ate the pain under the old tray. I'll convert the rust and sand it all out smooth before matching the paint.

The next phase is to continue the White/Black theme and start converting the interior to black. Then I plan to tint the windows and finally have the wheels powdercoated black.

On the wheels I've always liked just a touch of "bling" on my cars so Im seriously considering doing my wheels in a "mirror black" like this:

Once I switch to studs for winter I can start prepping the wheels for coating. My powdercoater will do a set of 4 wheels for $150
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

no real reason other than to show off:

Can anyone say December COTM?
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Nice pics!! Love winter pics with tracs................where their meant to be used lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

― Clyde DeSouza,

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

^ Why you sellin' it already?
    -Chase

1990 4Runner SR5
    1990 Celica GT-Four

want to get an ST185
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Love those winter pics. 185 is overrated, keep the 165 alive! (ok maybe I'm saying that b/c I dont have one )
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

I hear ya Chris but at my age and with as many cars as Ive owned I find it hard to get too attached to anything (or anyone for that matter) for very long. Im on a constant search for "the perfect car" (within my limited budget), and part of that process requires I give up cars that I love to try a new one on. This sometimes backfires and Ive kept cars for as little as a couple weeks before it went back up for sale.

Obviously you can tell Im not ALL that hot to sell the car or the price would be more realistic. I was kinda just feeling out the market around here and seeing what kind of interest I could generate. I suspect the real selling price of the car is closer to $3500 but Ive asked WAY too much for a car before and still sold it soooooo....

In all honesty, the car isnt really ready for sale and Im not ready to sell it. I will probably drive this all winter and continue to improve the car until I either run out of money or my lease is up on the shop. I have loved living out here in the country but I dont think I want to live here another winter.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Very nice pics!!

CAR Magazine January 1988 - "The celica happens to be about the best handling FWD car you can buy!"

Well, the time came and the right buyer was found. Lily has a new owner. I wouldnt say I was heartbroken. We've been growing apart all winter, but...the shop is so empty without her.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

What bulbs did you use in your Corners that they were so bright thru the tinting?

Can you link them to me?

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

On to bigger and better things I suppose eh?

1994 ST205 WRC

bigger? better? hard to say...different is all I can say right now. I missed a deal on a 91MR2 and a 89 Cressida for cheap locally. Ive also been looking at Lexus LS400's and SC400's
    Im even looking at classic american as well. There is a 72 Buick Riviera (last of the boatbacks) thats tempting...

Im never too far from a Celica though. I would love to find a dirt cheap 5G or 6G for a non-dd backup.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Images

The metaphorical bigger and better of course. Sounds like you are entertaining quite the spectrum, good luck with your next choice!

1994 ST205 WRC

Thread Information