CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is it because ... A 7th Gen fun bashing

Hi All. Recently I was on a cruise in Southern Ontario with a bunch of Alltrac's. One of the guys there pointed out that on our cruise we ran into 3 7th gen Celica's. We all waved to them but got absolutely nothing in response. So we came to the conclusion that all 7th gen drivers are snobs. Not only on the cruise did I notice it but several days before the cruise I ran into another 7th gen on the road, I waved, got nothing back but he dropped it a gear and shot around me .... Jealous maybe ??

Now on to this thread ....

It starts like this. All 7th gen Celica drivers are snobs because:
    Is it because <Put your answer here>

eg: Is it because they couldn't possibly keep up to an Alltrac?

*THIS IS ONLY FOR FUN, PLEASE KEEP IT NICE*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I play well with others....
    Others, Not you.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Is it because they have 6 gears and reverse beeps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Cool

all 7th gen drivers are snobs because everyones played out that model. oh yeah, and also because us alltrac drivers will make them eat our dust!
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Is it because most 7g drivers had daddy buy their car
    Last edited by bloodMoney; 08-17-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: sorry guys... This happens a lot in Chicago.
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Its because most 7g owners have no clue of the history of their car, soo to them any other gen is just some random car waving to them...I get that here in my lil town, atleast the few other 5th gens wave back...

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

It's because people are assholes and it doesn't matter what they drive, they will still be assholes.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

Because 7 gens look like spaceships! And their other car is the space shuttle!

Its the same thing with mustangs, anyone driving the new style they dont know and dont care what the older models look like, or they do recognize them and think they are hot sht for having the new one. They are fashion posers.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Its cause 7th gens are restricted to running 14.7 and nothing faster.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Because all 7th gen owners are females or seceretly females.....

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Waiting for the sex change to be complete
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Quote Originally Posted by 90ToyAllTrac View Post
    Because 7 gens look like spaceships! And their other car is the space shuttle!

Its the same thing with mustangs, anyone driving the new style they dont know and dont care what the older models look like, or they do recognize them and think they are hot sht for having the new one. They are fashion posers.

ahhh nice one. i saw a 7g on the freeway today and pulled up next to it. he looked at me like wtf? and i do agree about them not knowing the history of the celicas. not many people know what i drive (its debadged). so when i pull up in my 4th gen celica most people look at me like wtf?
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Its because most of them are girls driving base model GTs. Girls don't care what they drive.

On the other hand, I'm OBVIOUSLY the exception that proves the rule. I've owned 3 generations of Celica (5, 6, and 7). I know my history. And I'm definitely more manly than probably all of you. So I'm gonna take my 7th gen over to the gymn (since my 6g is jacked up) and go get swoll and make Arnold noises n such.

If you see me on the road, wave. I'll wave back.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MCcelica View Post
    Girls don't care what they drive.
    You want to run that by me again?

Most 7th gen owners are snobs because they get mad when they get dusted by a chick driving a 5-speed MR2.

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

Is it because their hood vents only blow more air to boost their ego rather than a turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by MCcelica View Post
    Its because most of them are girls driving base model GTs. Girls don't care what they drive.

On the other hand, I'm OBVIOUSLY the exception that proves the rule. I've owned 3 generations of Celica (5, 6, and 7). I know my history. And I'm definitely more manly than probably all of you. So I'm gonna take my 7th gen over to the gymn (since my 6g is jacked up) and go get swoll and make Arnold noises n such.

If you see me on the road, wave. I'll wave back.
    Its all fun and games. A lot of people drive cars just because they get good gas mileage, or look sporty. Which is what happens in some cases with 7g buyers. And some happen to be girls, driving base models. May I put out there, that when a hot girl drives a nice car, and actually knows about it. That makes her even hotter ;D but also, there are people that get the cars because they're fans of them and know their history. For example, you. You know the history of the car and not only own a 7g, but also a 5 and 6. Which is an exception to our statement of 7g drivers.

Btw-saw another 7g on the roads today. It was a chick driving and it was a little beat up she obviously doesn't care that much about the car!

7g drivers are snobs because they're all looks and no engine!

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I wave to 7th gens while driving my 7th gen.. and still get no response =(

snobby bastards
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Ads28 View Post
    Its because most 7g owners have no clue of the history of their car, soo to them any other gen is just some random car waving to them.
    This

The 7th gen celica was such a departure from the celica line that not only did it kill the nameplate, but it attracted a whole different (and entirely dispassionate) crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Facime View Post
    This

The 7th gen celica was such a departure from the celica line that not only did it kill the nameplate, but it attracted a whole different (and entirely dispassionate) crowd.
    moreso it cost too much at the time of other rivals, rsx, wrx, mazda 3, tiburon, ect. But yes that too.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

well I know the "official" reason the car was killed by toyota was the low sales due to rising costs, but I was really referring to what killed the car in the minds of enthusiasts/celica fans.

Of course I have no proof to back that statement up, other than that's how I felt about it.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by vafalla View Post
    You want to run that by me again?
    Again, exception that of course defines the rule, just like me.

Quote Originally Posted by vafalla
    Most 7th gen owners are snobs because they get mad when they get dusted by a chick driving a 5-speed MR2.
    That has... never happened... where ya going with this?

My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i beat people at autox all the time in mt gt-s. it cant compete with the civics on a national level though.

7th gen owners suck because they never take their cars to 8350 rpm

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Images

Bugs... clearly you've never ridden with me...

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by donteatbugs View Post
    i beat people at autox all the time in mt gt-s. it cant compete with the civics on a national level though.

7th gen owners suck because they never take their cars to 8350 rpm
    I took mine over 9000 once...

On accident..

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

McCelica, I'm messing with ya man. But I do dust a lot of people.

7th gen owners are snobs because Toyota never made the 7th gen turbo AWD.

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

Quote Originally Posted by vafalla View Post
    McCelica, I'm messing with ya man. But I do dust a lot of people.
    we all know that the 6th gen stx is balls to the wall in acceleration mode

i keeed i keeed
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

7g owners are indifferent to the cars historical significance. They do look cute in my rear view mirror...

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Thread Information