CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by WALKER View Post
    Here is a picture of the garage!

Attachment 3327

Did I mention I have a lift?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    This is an amazing picture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can't wait to get my high lift garage door conversion. Then I will be able to move the lift closer to the garage door and get a work bench and storage on the back wall and get my garage organized.

So progress of the day is that I've gutted my high beams to have them act as large open air intakes for cooling. I found some black air filter material and for it to the gutted high beam housings. So I have some nice filtered cooling ducts. I guess we will see how it holds up to bugs and wind when driving. Here are pics of it now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375820573205.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	3329

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375820587604.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	3330

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375820602964.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	3331

David Walker
    ------------------

Any air that travels through those holes will decrease the pressure gradient between the engine compartment and incoming air, resulting in less flow through your radiator, air conditioning condenser and intercooler. I'd take some pieces of cardboard or something to plug up the holes in case it starts to overheat on the highway.

Thanks for the comments Ryan. I find that lately it has been getting pretty damn hot so I thought it would help cool. I've been thinking that I should make my SPAL fans constantly run to keep the temperatures down.

I will make sure to take something to plug the holes in case I notice abnormal overheating on the trip. Thanks.

David Walker
    ------------------

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Can't just leave the unused headlights in there? But yeah Ryan is right it will actually have the reverse effect. Also the fans should only kick when it's hot, so that won't gain you much either. Do you have a water temp gauge to know exactly what the temps are? I've always found my 205 runs at pretty reasonable temps.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Nom nom nom
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Do you have a water temp gauge to know exactly what the temps are?
    I have a gauge in the garage that I was hoping to get installed, but haven't got to it. At this point, I think I am going to have to wait until after Ogopogo to get installed.
    David Walker
    ------------------

Well my car is back together. I have my gauges all hooked up. Boost, Wideband, and Oil Pressure for now. I also have a matching water temp and EGT, but didn't have time to install them.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375862931912.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	3333

I also found a car wash that was open late and gave her a bath so she is all ready to hit the road first thing in the morning for my first leg of the Ogopogo!

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375863005485.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	3334

Ogopogo here I come!

David Walker
    ------------------

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Great looking gauges! Drive safe and see you in a few hours!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Really glad it is up and ready to go meet up for the Ogopogo. You guys (and girls) have fun!
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Well once again it seems that I have fallen off the grid and have not updated this project thread in ages. Between a long cold winter and working over 400 hours of overtime in the past 4 months I have not gone near my car since the fall. However, with Ogopogo 2014 approaching fast, it is time for me to get the "White Walker" out on the road!

I have now owned the car for over 5 years, hard to believe!

It looks like I didn't even post any pictures from Ogopogo last year. So here are a couple picture of the car from Ogopogo last August just to tease and prepare for the next Ogopogo in less than two months. Depending upon how much time I have over the next month we will see if there is much that I do to the car before then. If I change anything I will make sure to post pictures.

The current state of the engine bay...needs a good cleaning!

David Walker
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    I'm really starting to hate Canadians.

Actually I'm really starting to hate our import rules in the US.

Lucky bastards. Me so jealous!!!!!

Awesome car!! Vehicle of my dreams!
    Just have to wait five more years... to get the 1994 models only.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

This weekend I upgraded the exhaust! I installed a HKS Silent Hi-Power with a Fensport front / mid pipe. The install went rather smooth, thanks to having a lift in the garage! I'm loving the sound of the car now! Talk about boost creep though. I had my boost set around 12psi and it seemed to hold pretty steady before, but now I am experiencing boost creep up to 16psi and am running into max duty on my injectors. So bigger injectors and better boost control will be my next focus. Time to install my Power FC boost controller kit.

David Walker
    ------------------

Damn the welds on that muffler are beautiful!
    Got any pictures of the back of the car to see how it looks?

Almost 3 years since I've posted an update on my car. Guess I'm slightly overdue. Not much has changed over this time. I've mostly just enjoyed driving it a little bit every summer. Still have many projects on the list to do. I am now running my PowerFC and datalogit from an HP Stream 7 that I am planning to install into the dash. For now I just have the tablet up front and the touch screen and compatibility has been working just fine.

The only visual change to my car is that I have modified my license plate surround, got a new black Toyota emblem on the back, and got a new license plate!

20170529_184944.jpg
    David Walker
    ------------------

oooh collector plates!! super cheap insurance with those??

Project Ava

Thread Information