CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Project :Revenge: UPDATE chacoal canister delete

this is my second post on this forum. so first of all hello everyone. now i just got a new car a few months back it is a 1988 Toyota Celica GT convertible. this is a ST162 chassie code car, what that means is that it is a true factory convertible not one someone made in there back yard. i got the car for 400.00 cash and it came with a full parts cars to boot. it has the 3sfe engine so no the engine everyone in the celica community wants but i cannot complain about it. it makes decent power (better now). all in all it is a good solid car no rust or any body damage (when i got it). now to the bad it leaks about a quart of oil a month. the power steering is shot, and it grinds going into second gear unless you let the revs drop all the way down. also the a/c is shot..... its a convertible who the hell needs ac.

now onto what i have done to the car. i removed the a/c and all its components. i took the power steering out and looped the lines. sea foamed the engine. changed the oil. and got into a wreck.

what needs to be done suspension needs to get changed along with all the break lines. engine needs to be rebuild and it needs a new transmission.

ok the wreck i was taking a 35 mph curve at around 65 70 ish putting my car through its paces. its an old country road so this is to be expected and i should have checked the road out before hand. i know this its my fault this happened. it was still damp out from the morning dew and there was some straw on the road... i hit the straw went off the road slid for about 500 yards hit the embankment and stopped. got out checked the car got pulled out and the only damage was the fender got a slight cress in it. not bad for a 70 mph crash but still scared the shit out of me.

OK so i am going to do the obligatory mod list here.

mods done
    1.a/c delete
    2. p/s delete
    3. charcoal canister delete
    4. egr delete

planed mods.
    1. full exhaust
    2. full suspension
    3. white line racing sway bars.
    4. poly motor mounts
    5. full engine rebuild
    6. maybe cams.
    7. hid headlights.
    8. custom intake
    9. paint job (not sure on the color yet)
    10. more later

now onto the pics

Last edited by ravensguildassasin; 11-28-2010 at 05:26 AM.

ok so today i removed the charcoal canister and washed the engine bay. im not working on trying to move some of the wires around. on the CC removal i took the line running from the tank and connected it to the throttle body. using spare vacuum line it stretches just enough to fit over the fuel vent line.

also i went to my parts car and removed all the parts i wanted off it. i will be sending the rest to the junk yard this week.

the parts car got hauled off today. and it seems that my car is a bit harder to start now??? odd could be from where i got the engine wet from cleaning it. but that was a few days ago and is hot as heck here. so i dont know what could be doing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

so had my car in the air today, i found out what my clunk clunk noise was coming in when i turned. front sway bar with not bushings is a bad thing. oh well ill pick some up from the local parts store and call it a day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

When you removed your charcoal canister, where did you vent it to?
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

throttle body purge line. it made the most since to me. just ran the vacuum line to it from the line that runs from the tank. works like a charm and starts easier now. i have been running it like that for almost a month now with no odd problems.

You stole my car, and cleaned up the engine.

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

lol that was the engine dirty. one of these days ill post new pics. when i get my camera card adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thgenceli View Post
    When you removed your charcoal canister, where did you vent it to?
    ok big edit DO NOT vent the tank line to the purge line of the throttle body. i just had to vent it atmospherically to make it work. i filled my tank all the way for the first time, it started lugging and trying to die. undid the hose it now runs great. all i can say is trial and error is the way to go. now to try and recreate the problem to isolate it to the line .

ok so i have my local machine shop making me an EGR block off plate 15.00$ usd. all in all not bad considering that it was to cost 38.00$ usd shipped from K.O.

wow been a while egr deleted repainted the rear trim and wiper arms flat black. i am also in the works of testing a black hood on the car. i am mostly broke right now so doing a few cheap mods.

Thread Information