CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My project

Default My project

Well here is todays progress.... started this afternoon. I will have more pics as my battery in the camera died and cant find the charger for it. After having constant detonation, running like crap and breaking down I decided to tear her down and do her right. I think my problems lie in the harness somewhere. But I plan on doing just a basic OE build with a FMIC and painting the car and engine.

Dropped my bare block off at united speed world to get hot tanked and honed today. Will get it back Monday.

*sniff* *sniff*

Delete this thread please.

What happened ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing really... I just figured yall like a lot of pics and i was just going to wait til i had a lot more

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Naw, I think it's fine as it is. Hell, look at my project thread

One suggestion though, imageshack SUCKS. Takes forever for me to load images from there. Try the loader here on Ctech, or even photobucket.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

No point in deleting it. It's a project thread; add pictures as the build progresses

We do love pics; keep 'em coming when the camera is charged. I agree on the load time with Imageshack though; it take forever..
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

Will take up the advice and use the site or photobucket

what color are you planing on painting it after you get her running?
    -16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Sprint 1.5 lowering Springs
    -Iceman Cai

Fenders are off, I am painting it back to OE red before the engine instal and install the fenders back on after the engine install. The engine is going to be gloss orange/red with white.

super red ftw.
    -16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Sprint 1.5 lowering Springs
    -Iceman Cai

An update.... got my block back... painted it and on the inside of the cylinder walls are scored... The dumbass couldnt even of told me before he honed them that they were they so now I can either a. let it go and hope it dont smoke bad or b. hope it can be bored.

Here are pictures of the head cleaned. my supertech valve seals should arrive this week and I will get pictures on installing the springs and what not back in.

wow that sucks, scores look deep enough just to scrap it!

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Shoulda covered the top of the block man! Your gonna have to have to get all that paint off before you put the haed back on.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut View Post
    Shoulda covered the top of the block man! Your gonna have to have to get all that paint off before you put the haed back on.
    I know it, I painted it for the hell of it to see what it would look like and plus its going to be hot tanked again after boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Supad00ps View Post
    wow that sucks, scores look deep enough just to scrap it!
    I hope not, united speed world has the block, they are going to call me when they measure it to see.

Well I got my head done... I just am need some feedback on something I am considering... Money is falling short and I do not know what to do... Here is my list of stuff I am doing for my rebuild...

wiseco .20 pistons 500 dollars
    ats ct26 turbo 900 dollars?
    Overhaul gasket and Turbo gaskets 310 dollars
    front mount intercooler installed 400...
    ARP head studs 150 dollars?

those right there are 2100 and stuff still needed is tps, timing kit, a few sensors and what not. Is there anything I can cut back on? like cometic gaskets? The turbo needs to be rebuild... I have to get a new one as gpopshop wont rebuild my turbo because it is ceramic and they want 175 extra dollars to make it steel. I would really like to stay around 2500 with EVERYTHING... any expertise from people that did builds that could guide me in a cost direction? Any help is appreciated.

that is the valve lapping tool on top of the valve seat? why the top part of poppet valve soak in oil?
    thank

It wasnt soaking... I just sat it in there so when I pull it up, i can rub the oil up and down it.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNutts View Post
    Well I got my head done... I just am need some feedback on something I am considering... Money is falling short and I do not know what to do... Here is my list of stuff I am doing for my rebuild...

wiseco .20 pistons 500 dollars
    ats ct26 turbo 900 dollars?
    Overhaul gasket and Turbo gaskets 310 dollars
    front mount intercooler installed 400...
    ARP head studs 150 dollars?

those right there are 2100 and stuff still needed is tps, timing kit, a few sensors and what not. Is there anything I can cut back on? like cometic gaskets? The turbo needs to be rebuild... I have to get a new one as gpopshop wont rebuild my turbo because it is ceramic and they want 175 extra dollars to make it steel. I would really like to stay around 2500 with EVERYTHING... any expertise from people that did builds that could guide me in a cost direction? Any help is appreciated.
    The only spots I see you can save money are:

FMIC - forego the FMIC for a short while (till tax return time) and stick with the stock TMIC
    Turbo - possibly just have it rebuilt (I think it is around $3-400) - even with the steel wheel upgrade you are saving $300+ (though this is a minimal savings and would be better to just go ahead with the upgrade at this point IMO since you won't get anywhere near the same money back out of it)

Otherwise keep up the good work. I love the photo documentation - helps remove the mystery.

-Terracar
    Last edited by Terracar; 12-28-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Well appreciated input... TMIC I was thinking of keeping but I figured an enclosed hood wouldnt help it cool much. Will probably put a scoop for the time being. So your opinion on a turbo is just to have it rebuilt with a steel blade instead? I was reading somewhere that the JDM engines get a quicker spool up with the ceramic, unless that is totally not true.

There is an rc wta top mount for sale here for $80.

Thread Information