CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

That's funny because I was just reading that article yesterday
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ah yes, i forgot that 3sgte's do that. i have pcv just vented to atmo and i have a bolt with high temp rtv sealant in the intake. works well enough. probably should get a catch can for it.

the only reason you cant vent to atmosphere (in states other than california) is because we run a MAF system, and since the BOV is after the MAF, the air release has already been accounted for and the fuel has been put in the motor. if you release to atmo, you will run stupid rich for about half a second, possibly causing the motor to stall. that's why turbo maf system's suck. st205's, turbo honda's, etc. do not have this problem because they run off a MAP, where a change in pressure is all that's needed to change fuel. a much simpler, and better system IMHO.

Is there anyway to change the MAF to a MAP? Everyone says the MAF sucks....and I agree. It highly does.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Is this what I think it is? A link to directions on how to swap from an maf to an map?

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ericfragola View Post
    Is this what I think it is? A link to directions on how to swap from an maf to an map?
    Nope.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

damn...is it even possible to switch? im on my phone right now and it wont load the link since i need a flashplayer. ill check it out when i get to a computer.

get a piggyback or a standalone and do what ever you want

Not entirely sure what those are...

you can reflash the ECU (with a stand alone system) to make the ECU deliver the appropriate amount of fuel based off of speed density. wont cause the motor to fall on its face

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy90 View Post
    you can reflash the ECU (with a stand alone system) to make the ECU deliver the appropriate amount of fuel based off of speed density. wont cause the motor to fall on its face
    for the MAF. Instead of metering the incoming air

Interesting. From what you said, it almost seems as if I reflash it, that I could take out the MAF all together?

I got my hks bov in finally. Went to take it for a test run. The car lags when I hit the gas. Came back to my house for diagnostics and when I start it up the rpms shoot up then come back down.but then it won't idle without me keeping my foot on the gas. And also when I tap the gas all it does is die down. Any ideas? I've replaced all the leaking vaccuum lines as well as rewired my maf (loose wires). Is there another spot that needs to be rewired? Or possibly a faulty relay?

when I say re-flash the ECU I am talking about with a standalone system. You can tell the ECU to get most of its information using speed density, but you can still use the MAF simply just for metering the incoming air. Using speed density will not make the engine rely on the MAF for most of the information to adjust AFR, etc..

Thread Information