CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Tim let me know when you want to get some pistons so we can order at the same time. They have to be custom ordered since they don't stock 88mm pistons.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar
    renegadex has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

We can be piston buddies! Sweet! It will be soon because bugs dropped me off a present the other day.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Update + 2011 Dragon Incident thread?

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Huh?
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar

Images

The only update I have since I put the front end on is I have now installed my RX7 wheels and Ryan and I installed new front wheel bearings, front inner and outer tie rods and re-greased my steering rack. I got a sportier alignment and now it feels much more stable and it turns so much better.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Images

Make it less bouncy!!!

Images

I have a strange issue going on here. When I bridge te1 and e1 to check my timing, my idle doesn't change. The check engine light flashes as it should, but my idle doesn't lower like it should. I set my timing to 10 BTDC and it runs like its too retarded.
    Why would it not go in to diagnostic mode so i can time it? Is there any way to bypass the check connector? I suppose I can bridge the te1 pin on my ecu harness to a ground, but I'm not sure that wouldn't have the same effect.
    Another strange thing is when i unplug the TPS while the car is running, nothing changes. The TPS is good, I checked it and the wiring according to the repair manual, all good. Baffled.
    I grounded te1 out right off of the ecu to the body and its still doing the same thing. Could it be that I am stuck in diagnostic mode somehow? If some how the TPS is bad could that be causing me not to go in to the diagnostic mode? I am not getting a code for it. I'm only getting code 23. I have been getting code 23 ever since I swapped to gen3 electronics. I think 23 is the manifold temp sensor, but I have a brand new sensor, with a brand new connector and brand new wiring going strait to the ECU at THAM and E2. So yeah...

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Images

Did you try resetting the ECU then see if your idle and timing changes when you put it into diagnostic mode?

Try jumping TE2 and E1 and drive around for a bit with the jumper in place. Come back and then jump TE1 and E1 and see if you have any additional codes.

Thread Information