CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar
    renegadex has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Default Dragon MR2 Incident

Most of you guys don't know this, but back durring the end of the Dragon trip I had a little accident. I thought I would post this here to cronical my adventures so to speak.

We stayed in a cabin on Happy Valley road, which is right at the begining of the dragon (right at the rock slide this year unfortunatly). We were taking Happy Valley north to Maryville, there is a 180° hairpin that is just after where it crosses under Foothills Parkway, there is a dip right in the apex on the inside, my rear wheel hit it and the back end kicked out, caught traction and threw me in to the side of the mountain.

I cut down about four or five trees and ended up back on the road. I got very lucky in several ways in this accident:
    1. No one was hurt.
    2. There was no gaurd rail on the road, and there was about a 60' drop, luckaly I went up the mountan.
    3. My windshild didn't break, airbag didn't go off, and radiator and ac condenser didn't get cracked, however were very much bent. The fans stopped working, but its an MR2 so I didn't need 'em anyway.
    4. A cop showed up 5 minutes after (the only cop we saw the entire time were were there, not counting on the dragon) and didn't give me a ticket, and even offered to call a tow truck for me (if only there were more cops like her).
    5. I drove the car all the way back to Mobile. It never ran hotter than it normally does, and after I adjusted my toe it drove mostly strait.

Pics:
    CARnage

Lumberjacking. I'm do'n it wrong.

We ripped the bumper cover off, took off the now "V" shaped crash bar and threw them off the side of the mountan. The lower radiator support was literally ripped off the frame, the frame is only slightly dented where the crash bar bolts to the rails, both fenders and hood are bent up, the bumper support is mega bent up, the strut rod mount is bent and the floor board on the passengers side has a nice bulge in it.

After this I was looking for a decent hard top shell to swap all of my stuff in to, but all the ones I found were either beat to hell or too far away so I decided to stick with what I had. I ordered a Front nose cut form CRW and since I had to re-paint the car I decided to get everything that I wanted on the car before the paint. I ordered new window moldings, rear 1/4 windows, a brand new set of 94+ tails, a 94+ spoiler and trunk lid, and found some stock FD RX7 wheels. Now I'm trying to find some JDM thin door molding.

CRW had to order the front cut from Japan, they said it was going to take several months to get it. So far its been about 6 weeks, It just arrived in the country last week so hopefully I'll see it soon.
    Last edited by Murgatroy; 08-01-2010 at 09:34 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Definitely lucky you didn't go off the other side of the road.

We gotta get it up and running soon!
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

cant see the pics..?

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

red x
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Fixed.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Those pictures are painful to see. Glad your ok.

As you described thats a tough situation to encounter.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Just for reference, this is the corner it happened on. True 180 degree downhill corner.

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar

Images

Here's a pic of the front end:

Here are the new items I have for my car so far:

New spoiler, trunk lid and tail lights.

I'm not 100% on the spoiler just yet. I like it, but I don't know if I like it more than the 91-93. It is a hell of a lot lighter than the old one. I don't really know if I like the profile though. Gonna have to grow on me I guess. What do you guys think?

The new window molding, 1/4 windows, strut rod mount, windshield molding, red rear window stripping, ( the part that goes between the body and the large piece of fiberglass), 1/4 window vents, and lower radiator support:

Just waiting for the front end to come in so I can get my car painted and be able to use all these nice new parts!
    Last edited by renegadex; 08-02-2010 at 06:25 AM.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Glad you are putting it all back together.

Not digging the wing at all. Just my opinion though. I really don't like the stock wing either. If I had a MK2 I'd paint the roof black and go wingless. Not on a red car though.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanlarry View Post
    Glad you are putting it all back together.

Not digging the wing at all. Just my opinion though. I really don't like the stock wing either. If I had a MK2 I'd paint the roof black and go wingless. Not on a red car though.
    I like that idea.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Images

I've seen two different wingless MK2's in person and didn't care for either.

Images

Yeah I saw those wingless MK2s that Ryan is referring to and I can say that wingless is not my thing. I'm not really sure on the spoiler just yet I may stick with the '91.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

be different

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

I like the 3piece myself. It's kind of funny, on the MKIII Supras they started with the 1p and later to a 3, but on the MR2s it was the other way around and both communities seem to like the later version of each.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

crazy stuff but at least youre oka.

91T MR2 830whp 635wtq
    92 Celica WIP

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanlarry View Post
    I did something similar with my buddy's MkII. Did the black on top, the darker crimson red on bottom. Also we left his wing on. So that, the engine bay, and trunk went black too. It actually looks... fairly sexy.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Images

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have went through Chico Raceworks for this front end.....

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

do we need to take a trip to cali?

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Images

Yeah probably gonna have to do that.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Images

I just got off the phone with Josh, he said that he is going to pick the front end up from the the frieght depot maybe Monday or Tuesday, check it out and ship it. Hopefully this happens.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Call him every day. Remind him. Josh is a great guy, and he wont rip you off, but he oversells his time and stuff gets pushed back.

Shameless plug, but if you would have just let me drive your car this wouldnt have happened (I gotta say it Tim, you know I do)
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Images

I know hes a nice guy and I have had good transactions with him in the past, but when I spend more than three weeks pay on something and then have to work hard again to get him to ship it to me I think thats a bit crazy. When I send two emails that dont get a response, but then I see that he posted something on MR2OC after I sent him those emails it really gets me pist. He had time to post on the board, but didn't have time to respond to my email? Or for that matter go and pick up my front end? I'm just beyond ready to be able to really drive my car again.

Now we all know Vip is the ultimate Celica driver, would you consider yourself the ultimate MR2 driver? I would actually like you to drive my car and just feel how shitty my suspension feels. Before the incident I was going to get some coilovers after I got my tax return when I came back from the dragon trip, now I'm using that plus more to fix my car.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    if you would have just let me drive your car this wouldnt have happened
    Ouch, but you see who's MR2 made it out of the Dragon meet without incident.

Seriously though, I am sorry you went off-roading in the 2, but I am glad you're using this as a really good excuse to get some nice things done to the car.

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

Images

Well Jas, be glad you have stock suspension. My car bounces all over the place and makes it very scary through a rough corner. Word of advice: if you ever decide to upgrade your suspension, do yourself a favor and at least get some Konis.
    I know this accident was my fault, and there were things I could have done to avoid it. I think there were a lot of factors in play that lead to it. One being my unfamiliarity with the road, another being my speed in to the corner, those shitty AGXs, turbo lag, the bla bla bla. I guess I could go on and on about what I think the factors for this were, but I guess it was just the idiot behind the wheel ultimately who is to blame.
    Last edited by renegadex; 08-06-2010 at 11:02 PM.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

She doesnt have stock suspension. She has your struts. She just has stock springs.

Hers was OK. I had some issues with some bump steer, but I made it through.

On this site? Yeah most definately the ultimate MR2 driver. Dude, if I was a less honorable man, I could have prolly had Jasmin at the bottom of the dragon if I wanted to just off my mad skillz LOL jk. She kept saying "holy shit you can drive" "oh my god I didnt know this car could do that"

Next year bitch. Youll have to let me shoot it around somewhere. Even if not on the dragon, just let me drive it. PearlJammzz, Baby Bear, Kanoodle, Jasmin can all vouch for me.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Thread Information