CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 85gtsblackman View Post
    sigh, i wish i coulda found a supra around here that wasnt ragged to hell, oh well at least the 240 was lady owned

hey spoonman my buddy that has the 90 turbo is in need of a good cps really bad to you have one or can u get him one?

oh btw there was a 89-92 in the junkyard that had a nice interior i can see if its still out there next week
    Crank position sensor? I'm not parting out the 7M, it's going to Facime, unless he doesn't need that piece.

I could use one or two interior parts.. unfortunately the most important piece is the whole dash pad/panel, which would be way too expensive to ship I think.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    My first thought is "I wonder how much those twins weigh"?

Good stuff!
    Heheh, they're tiny, but man they have a lot of extra hardware on'm!
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

no Im definately going to want all the bits that I you have that are needed to make it run.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

David, we still on for Wednesday?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 GTS Swap
    1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 100.73 mph 250hp 244tq

Yeah. I haven't been able to find an aristo wiring diagram, but have found a lot of info from other swaps. Guess we'll find out if it's enough..
    –verb (used with object)

Ks=Knock Signal,Ks=Knock Signal,Ir6=Injector 6,Ir5=Injector 5,Ir4 =Injector 4,

Ir3=Injector 3,Cas=Cam Angle Signal,Ir2=Injector 2,Ir1=Injector 1,

Wts=Water Temp Signal,As=Airflow/map Sensor Signal,

E=Earth, Ig3/Ig4=Ignition Signal 3/Ignition Signal 4, R=Rpm,

Ig2/Ig5=Ignition Signal 2/Ignition Signal 5, Crs=Crank Angle Signal,

Ig1/Ig6=Ignition Signal 1/Ignition Signal 6, Ts=Throttle Signal,

Its=Intake Temp Siganl, E=Earth, P=Power,

This is what I've found. We should be able to open the ecu and the pins should be listed on the inside.

90 GTS Swap
    1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 100.73 mph 250hp 244tq

That is for the non-vvti I'm assuming (mine is non-vvti). I didn't see a map sensor or afm anywhere with the new engine parts, but I don't think that matters since I'm using the mapecu2, as long as it's wired in correctly. I haven't opened the ECU yet but Joey suggested the same thing. I've got some threads and such saved for reference.
    –verb (used with object)

How bad of an idea would it be to re-use my clutch disk & PP? They seem to be in decent condition and would save a ton of money if it has significant useful life left. I'm not concerned at all about this setup holding the power of the 2J as I intend to run comparable power to what the 7M was doing. I have this ingrained aversion to re-using wearable parts but.. anyone have any opinions/facts about this? Money is certainly a major concern for me, but because that's true I can't afford to do something that will cause further problems.
    –verb (used with object)

There is really no reason not to. The biggest issue I can think of is how the disk mates up with the flywheel. You know how like with brake pads and rotors they sort of form to each other...if the flywheel the disk came off wasnt in terrible shape I would most definately reuse it. Worst case scenario it doesnt hold or it doesnt last. But in a simple RWD chassis like the MA70, its not like you cant put a new clutch in easy enough if that one doesnt last. If there is plenty of friction material and the PP isnt heat glazed then go for it. You can technically even have a PP resurfaced if need be.
    Last edited by Facime; 04-27-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: disk, not dick...LOL
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

I may just do that then, especially since I found last night that for some reason Toyota put high impedance injectors in the JDM 2JZ, and they're smaller than the US 550s to boot, so I'll have to add the cost of the USDM resistor pack to run my bigger low impedance injectors.
    –verb (used with object)

man I was a mess last night when I posted that. I cleared up some grammar and spelling, but yeah if your budget is tight I see no good reason not to reuse it.

you can manually "resurface" the PP a little with a flat grinding stone to take a little glaze off if you want, or you can use a brown 3M surface prep pads on an angle grinder to scuff it up a little if you are careful to give the entire surface an even pressure.

― Clyde DeSouza,

Ordered the motor mount brackets, oil lines for the turbo, exhaust manifold and a top feed fuel rail today. I scored a used upper and lower rear sump oil pan on ebay for a fraction of what I thought I was going to have to pay for them. I did some cleaning on those yesterday and should get them on soon.. maybe I'll do that later today.. hmm
    –verb (used with object)

Well the weather was just too nice outside, I found myself out by the cars and decided to try tackling the oil pan job (something I've never done before)

Here is what it looked like to start with, front sump oil pan to fit the front end of an Aristo (how the Lexus GS300 is badged in Japan for those unfamiliar).

Here is the new upper with the rear sump location for Supra front ends side by side with the front sump.

Lower front sump pan, baffle and pickup removed.

Upper pan off.

Rear sump upper pan, baffle and pickup installed.

All done! I noticed that in addition to having the lower pan mounted further back, it's also turned sideways and shaped for extra clearance.

Hopefully I used an appropriate amount of FIPG for both pans. I had just a little squeezing out on the sides all around like these pics show.

–verb (used with object)

Good stuff there !!!! I know how distracting the weather was today... Kudos for staying on task and getting your daily duty accomplished....

3 BILLION Chinese People Don't Even Know You Exist.... Think About It....

shit yeah, I worked today as well...too nice NOT to make the most of, but I still put time on the books.

The FIPG job looks good to me.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Heh, yeah, I felt compelled to get something done after ordering those parts.. if only to get my mind off how much money I just spent
    –verb (used with object)

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    Heh, yeah, I felt compelled to get something done after ordering those parts.. if only to get my mind off how much money I just spent
    Get used to your wallet having blisters.... lol

3 BILLION Chinese People Don't Even Know You Exist.... Think About It....

Some stuff came in the mail to give me something to do this weekend. I'm actually.. not super impressed with the quality of the manifold but... it's all I can afford right now so it will have to do.

–verb (used with object)

Blast. The manifold is just no good. The bolt holes don't all line up properly with the studs, the turbo flange is too far forward and not tilted away from the runners so my turbos plumbing would be afoul of the runners. Because of the forward position my downpipe fouls on the wastegate and would need to be extended to reach my midpipe. I think I'm going to have to get a custom one made which is going to be expensive. BAH.
    –verb (used with object)

Disappointed with the manifold situation but.. got some stuff done anyway. I installed the fuel rail and was happy to discover that the 7M FPR screwed right into the aftermarket unit (the 2J regulator doesn't fit it). I have a TRD regulator to help it and a good electronic fuel pressure gauge. You can also see the new engine mount bracket peaking up at the bottom of the picture. These brackets allow me to use the 7MGTE motor mounts. Mine were in decent shape still but I ordered new ones anyway.

Shot from the end of the rail with my precision 720cc(760? I don't remember, hah) injectors and the 7M FPR. I just need to get some -6 AN fittings/hoses to go from the rail to the MKIII fuel lines.

I should have taken some pics while I was switching out the bellhousings (swapping the stock R154 bellhousing for the 1JZ bellhousing which allows me to bolt the R154 right to the 2JZGTE). The pressure plate is actually held on by the fork, so I had to remove the fork's mount through the access/inspection panel, pull the fork out through there and then slip the pressure plate out. Here's a boring pic of the finished job, bellhousing looks almost identical to the original R154.. it's just a lot cleaner

–verb (used with object)

Parts from Jegs.. this will be my dual-feed fuel line. I'll be cutting the hardline down at the bottom of the firewall and putting the -an adapter on to mate with the braided line.

The leather that I ordered to re-wrap the steering wheel came in. But I laid it out and realized... it's way more than I need for the wheel.. and I've had no luck finding a dashboard that's in good shape to match my interior soooo... new mini-project! Here's the big piece of burgundy leather.

Dash panel after 20+ years of sun

Started removing the old original material.. some kind of pleather... This is as far as I got tonight, only spent a few minutes. Some of it was hard and brittle and just snapped off in little pieces. Other parts were still fairly pliable. Here's how it sits now.

Long way to go, but it should be interesting. Looks like we'll need to make a pattern with paper or something and experiment with what needs to be pieced together and what can be one piece. I don't want any bubbles or wrinkles or anything, so will need to carefully lay out how I want it before cutting any of the leather. And of course I'll need to make sure I have a good piece left to use for the steering wheel. I've never attempted anything like this before, if it turns out well it will be very satisfying.
    –verb (used with object)

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Oh man, that looks like some work.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Oh man, that looks like some work.
    Yep! But I've got both feet in it now!
    –verb (used with object)

Put the fuel lines together today. I cut off the very end of the fuel feed hardline where it went to a rubber hose and put this -an adapter on instead so I won't have any rubber-only sections all the way to the fuel rail.

Finished lines, dual feed to the rail. If I have issues with this setup I will have to put the stock pulsation damper inline, but I don't expect to need to.

Set the manifold back in place to be sure of clearance. Everything looks good. It may be a little tighter with the wiring harness in but I don't think that'll be a big deal.

–verb (used with object)

nice job..doing anything tomorrow im off if you need help
    ST-184.. 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S(Sold)
    ST-165.. 1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac(Project/weekender)
    ............ 1995 Acura Integra LS(Daily Driver)

Thread Information