CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I still think you've got two different headlight bulbs in there... ones more yellow than the other one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    I still think you've got two different headlight bulbs in there... ones more yellow than the other one.
    I'm sure that's possible, the left headlight assembly is from a donor car. However, I don't see what you're talking about with the "yellow"ness
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Drivers side is more yellow, passenger side is more blue/white.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

I am so happy this isn't in my driveway anymore.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Me too. It drove really well, didn't pull or anything, but still getting alignment before driving it more, of course.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Images

Good man.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Took the car down to Joey's. We took this stuff off:

Did fronts too, but didn't take many pictures. We pressed out (our friend Gabe actually hammered out a few that didn't fit on the press right) the old worn out bushings and replaced with poly and did H&R springs and new Tokiko shocks that work with TEMS. If it wasn't a street car I'd probably remove TEMS and go with different shocks, but I still like being able to soften them up with a button push for bumpy roads. Couple pics of the new stuff.

Made a huge and immediate difference. The old bushings were so bad the car couldn't be aligned in the rear.
    –verb (used with object)

Images

How does she feel? I mean, ride ok? Not too harsh?

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

It's good, yeah. The springs are definitely stiffer, but (you'll laugh) the TEMS is handy for softening the shocks when I get on rough roads. I'm putting the new end links on today. Their length is adjustable, any reason I wouldn't make them the same length as stock?
    –verb (used with object)

So, when the rear suspension was coming off for the bushings, the old crappy sway bar end links did not choose to cooperate. Joey cut one of them off, but the other side one nut did come off and allow the work to be done. Had to run with only one side hooked up for a week. Ordered aftermarket end links to replace them and installed them today. The stock end link that was still on there was in lousy condition. One nut came off, but the other end... lots of pre-soaking with lube and very careful work only got the other nut to the end of the bolt before it stripped. I ended up having to cut it off too. So glad I had a cut off wheel!

Here are the new links installed

–verb (used with object)

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You know, a couple bucks of spraypaint would have made all that work look worthwhile.

Be she feels better though.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Well, I've been failing at pictures, but recently I put in a new air intake temp sensor (had a bung welded onto the intake pipe before the throttle body) because the stock location heat soaks horribly and becomes almost worthless. After that went for more tuning and... the fuel pump was dying and dropping pressure on the high end. SO.. out with the dying walbro 255 and in with a 400lph pump instead. Back to the dyno today and it put down 470 to the wheels. For comparison, on the same dyno my tuner recently had some lightly modded vipers come in and make similar numbers. On a higher reading dyno it's probably in the 550 range. More importantly though, it now pulls smoothly all the way to redline and idles well and has PLENTY of power for the street. I need to get the sheets scanned in, but I'll probably fail and forget to do that Monday..
    –verb (used with object)

Wow, just read this entire thread for the first time, what an odyssey!

Lots of good work and sweet DIY eithic, would love to see this car some time.

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Damn! How do you think it'll fair at autocross next weekend? Would love to see those graphs!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Hahah, it's going to be a horrible autocross car, but probably funny enough to be worth it
    –verb (used with object)

Can't wait to see your car in action!

Project Ava

is that 400LPH fuel pump pretty loud when it's operating? I'm thinking about getting it if my NA pump isn't able to hold its own when on the GTE swap. Do you also plan to run E85 eventually?
    Last edited by NgoFcukinWay; 10-06-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    -Alex {](O_o)[}
    1993.5 Toyota Supra. Project Ren. 2JZ-GTE VVT-i V160 swap completed! Time to clean her up!

Quote Originally Posted by NgoFcukinWay View Post
    is that 400LPH fuel pump pretty loud when it's operating? I'm thinking about getting it if my NA pump isn't able to hold its own when on the GTE swap. Do you also plan to run E85 eventually?
    It's actually pretty quiet. The 255 was louder. I don't plan on E85. It's not especially convenient to get where I'm at and too much trouble and expense to convert. Maybe eventually.. but I doubt it
    –verb (used with object)

Images

Damnit...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Damnit...
    Elaborate...

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Images

Project stinky is now in my driveway. I'm now heading up this project.

And... she be broken.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

That looks painful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Oh Holy Shit.
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

I just find amazing the work and dedication needed to be put into such a project. I mean, you've updating this thread for 7 years. Your work is outstanding, I salute you! Congratulations!

Thread Information