CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default opening the air box

I just got a 2001 GT-S, and I'm loving it. So, anyway, I'm trying to check the air filter (probably put a K&N in it) but I can't figure out how to get the air box open. I found a clip on the Passenger side, and one on the back, but it's still held down tight.

How do i get it open?

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i think there are 3 or 4 clips, i can check tomorrow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It's definitely one of the dumber designs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

what do you mean dumber, its so easy to pop it off. its even easier of you loosten the big black hose
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

No the the one on my roommate's prius is easy, two clips and bang! you're good to go.

I did get it off, but the fact that I have to take the intake hose plus some is a dumb design, all of that could have easily been connected to the bottom part that most people don't want to remove.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

but the bottom air isnt filtered yet....

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

I just meant that the plastic could be connected to the the bottom part, so that the lid that covered the air filter isn't such a pain in the ass to get off and on. more like a lid than an upper assembly i guess.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Thread Information