CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by FifthGen View Post
    Will I visually be able to see the rubber piece your talking about without a jack just peeking up there?
    You might be able to...look from the passenger side by the exhaust so the gas tank is not blocking your line of sight.

The ticking is more likely than not valve tick, and that is just common on older Toyotas.

But $3,500 on a running Alltrac with minimal rust is a steal. This just seems to have fallen into your lap at the right time.
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Seems like a good deal. Thats about what I paid for mine with more rust and needing a turbo rebuild (and now a clutch).

I'd def pick that up (As in let me know if you don't I'll be there in a minute lol, thats a lot closer then Cali).

Anyways looks like you'll be number 4 or 5 in PA lol

Yeah its pretty much a done deal. I feel I made a wise choice. It ran and idled fine. First time I drove one I've been driving around a 92gt but when I drove that alltrac and felt the turbo kick on it made me smile like a little kid. It. Handles like a dream and yeah the car gets up and moves like a monster. Ill check it out from the passenger side. Thanks for all your help guys. And I know I've never seen any in pa.

i suggest a flash light too to see it, its not hard to miss. and if you can not find it, i can prob find a pic for ya.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes I own 5(five) ST165's...it is problem...but I do not care

that ticking sound is an exhaust leak i think...because you said when the engine is warm...its gone.

i got the same...a small leak in the manifold somewere...but when the engine is warm...the ticking sound is gone.

btw, got some pics?

Hmm Ill have to check that will be hundreds of pictures on Friday I'm sure stay tuned

does it sound someting like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iixj...os=U-FOoWKn0ao

but the ticking sounds on idle also...

Hmm Ill have to check that will be hundreds of pictures on Friday I'm sure stay tuned

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Ill have to check it out when I get it. And not at this time. Will have hundreds on Friday! Just stay posted.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Damnit sorry on my phone and didn't know it posted. And mine kinda sounds like that I think hard to tell with video but mines faster like tickticktickticktick not tick....tick...tick

hmmm...try to make a video...maybe some ppl here could know what it is exactly.

You'll have to slide back under the gas tank and look between the gas tank and rear crandle. It's going to be a little difficult to see. I would bet that given the age this is the problem.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

I will make a video after I purchase it when its sitting in MY driveway, hehe. And alright thanks for all the pointers, I will deffinatley check that spot out- the said they never had it replaced so that could very well be the culprit.

If it's never been replaced I would pretty much guarantee that's the problem. It's very common.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Roughly how often do they go out, because if its every 20 years then I think I may just get an OEM one haha.

They don't go every couple of years. It's pretty much age that takes them out. The OEM one would be fine. From what I understand the main reason people go with solid a lot of the time is price. The one from Toyota is supposed to be pretty pricey from what I've heard but it will work fine.

I don't know if there is anything posted about the rear diff mount here or not but I know there are thread over at Alltrac.net.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Depending on the condition, can't you just fill it?

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

You can do the poly fill if its not torn up too bad. This one sounds like it might be past that point but it's something you could look at. I know there are posts at Alltrac.net about doing that too.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Update needed. Did you pick it up already? If not you must be crazy! Get it!

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I think he's getting it tomorrow from what I read

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by alltracNyx View Post
    The ticking is more likely than not valve tick
    This sounds the most likely to me, also.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

It's Friday, where are the promised hundreds of pics Have you picked the car up yet?
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

replace all the hoses from the maf to the turbo, they are likely dry rotted. check that the valve cover screws are down, they work themselves free after a while. RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE IS YOUR FRIEND. just be nice to it

Bring a magnet and check along wheel wells and rocker panels. Bondo is cheap to hide a nasty cancer.
    Black 94 GT-Four
    HKS SMF Intake
    3in. Exhaust
    16x7.5 Racing Hart Superlative Dish Rims

must be busy enjoying it, too bad im not in harrisburg anymore.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Thread Information