CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default c-one coilovers?

i just picked up a rough (astheticly) set of used c-one coilovers for a 5th gen alltrac... i know the rears won't fit in my GT-S w/o modification, but the fronts will...

question is, ive searched everywhere and can't find any information on these, or if they are even for an alltrac. anyone know where i can get information as to how to adjust/ spare parts/ how to make them work/ spring rate, or anything?

i got the set for cheap so i can't complain... will they with modification work and work good for my 1991 GT-S? here is a picture to help you guys out...

any help/information is greatly appreciated!!!

thanks

Rich
    Last edited by Mr Celica; 08-04-2010 at 04:05 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

What's different about the alltrac and the GT-S?
    1990 GT-S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

think the rears are shorter... ill find out soon though...

ANYONE have any information on these?? i know someone has had to have heard about themm....

pleeeeeeeeease lol

The rears are different due to the axle shafts.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

how so? is it modifiable? if not i'll be kinda bummed, but i can always just sell them...

I'm not sure if you can mod them or not. I'm thinking the All Trac rear struts are shorter to clear axle shift. If I remember correctly the FWD Celica rear strut bolts to the rear knuckle in the middle. On the All Trac they bolt to the top of the knuckle.

Somebody else probably knows more about it than me and might chime in. There is a definite difference between them though.

If you decide to get rid of them I might be interested in them.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

FWD doesn't quite bolt to the middle of the rear axle-carrier (yeah, I know, misnomer).

However, the strut attachment point on the FWD models would interfere with a rear axle so there is a length difference.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

I wasn't sure exactly how far down it came but that would definitely be in the way of the axle. The All Trac rear knuckle is different and the strut mounts higher up.

You might be able to modify but don't do anything that would be unsafe. The last thing you want is for the modified mounting to fail and the wheel to come off. Something like that usually happens at very inopportune times.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    You might be able to modify but don't do anything that would be unsafe. The last thing you want is for the modified mounting to fail and the wheel to come off. Something like that usually happens at very inopportune times.
    There is an appropriate time for axle failure?

Is there any info on the c-one's in terms of how to rebuild them, etc?

i actually repainted them. everything works great, and everything moves freely. all the parts are there, too

The rears pretty much just won't fit. I'd say sell them to someone that has an All-trac and then use the funds to buy some Megan coil-overs for a FWD car.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    The rears pretty much just won't fit. I'd say sell them to someone that has an All-trac and then use the funds to buy some Megan coil-overs for a FWD car.
    I second that motion. They're an awesome find as well.

You have to question yourself over the headaches involved with a decision to make them fit. Giving yourself and someone else a bolt on option, while gaining a rebuildable set with a warranty is going to go far for you.

They cleaned up really well!

thanks guys yea i am guessing thats what i'll probably do. just wish i knew how much they cost new and what they could sell for used...

Could try looking at closed auctions on eBay or see if they are offered on JDM import sites like RHD Japan or even Yahoo Japan auctions (seems to be bigger than eBay over there).

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

What about swaping out hubs for the alltrac ones? Should bolt up you would just have a hole for where the axle would go.... not positive it would even work as I've never been under an altrac but knowing toyota the basic mounting point for the hub assembly should be relitivily close. Just food for thought.
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    What about swaping out hubs for the alltrac ones? Should bolt up you would just have a hole for where the axle would go.... not positive it would even work as I've never been under an altrac but knowing toyota the basic mounting point for the hub assembly should be relitivily close. Just food for thought.
    Would need something to go into that hole as the axle end and nut are what hold the wheel bearing together...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

too much work! someone make me an offer!! haha

C-One no longer makes those for the ST185 - they only make coilovers for the ST215 Caldina now.

I couldn't find the published spring rates since they are so old now, but from other ST185 coilover specs of the time I would prolly guess these are something like 8kg in the front & 6kg in the rear.

The long & the short of it is unless you have the extra weight of a 3sgte in the front of your car these are going to be way too stiff & uncomfortable for daily driving unless you like your fillings to rattle out of your teeth on the street.

Put these up for sale over on alltrac.net & you'll get a quick sale so you can get the correct coilovers made for your FWD Celica.

A fair price would be between $700-800 considering they are used.
    New Tein coilovers go for ~$1700 these days.

*Alltrac Goddess*
    87 AW11 MR2 hardtop 4A-GZE swapped Super2 Stage 1 Complete
    90 ST185 Celica AllTrac 3S-GTE Vadar Turbo AWD Sith Power - lots of upgrades, more on the way
    99 SXV20 Camry 5S-FE Maul TRD Grocery Getter slow & reliable - soon to be a little less slow
    89 AW11 MR2 hardtop Sold, but living on in Super2

Thread Information