CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 5th? and probably 6th Traffic Tickets from the Dragon (With video!!)

Looks like I got nailed by a stop light camera while I was down there.
    I wonder if that svelt gentleman driving behind me recieved one as well?

Video is online at https://knoxvilletn.onlineviolation....wEvidence.aspx

If you need violation number and password, they are 317273243 and T21UDRA5

I didn't make it through by about .25 seconds, damnit.

Oh well, I think driving behind you guys was worth my $50.

Murg, you live in a police state.

***EDIT FOR PICS***

Last edited by Lonestag; 06-20-2010 at 05:26 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah, Bugs got one too.

Post your pictures up, they are going in for Celica of the month.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Oops....

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i'm glad MS's Governor ruled traffic cameras to be unconstitutional. i think they are total bullshit.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Well, you can see in the vid I really thought I had more time (spoiled by columbus yellow lights) plus, by that point, my front lift caliper and rotor had become good friends and I was afriad the whole assembly might explode.

I don't like stop light cameras, it's just like, hey we saw you doing somthing risky, please give us your credit card # (or we take your license).

But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It is just a municipal fine here. Not a traffic violation.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Here in AZ the speeding cameras (depending on speed) are safe to ignore. Red lights though they hit you with traffic violations.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

There are really only like 4 cameras in the city.

In Oak Ridge (About 20 mins from Knoxville) They have speed and redlight cameras at almost every intersection.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Good news. They should be out of Knoxville by this time next year. Murfreesboro (near Nashville) has 6 or 8 of them. They are about to get rid of them though because rear end collisions have double since they were installed.
    1992 Celica GT Convertible

Just another wonderful revenue generator for local government.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by cell172 View Post
    Good news. They should be out of Knoxville by this time next year. Murfreesboro (near Nashville) has 6 or 8 of them. They are about to get rid of them though because rear end collisions have double since they were installed.
    That happened in Houston too. T-bone collisions went down a small percentage, rear-end collisions went up many percent. As if we didn't have enough people going OMGYELLOWSTANDONBRAKESSLIDEINTOINTERSECTION. One of the funniest times I had riding with my mom once was that she was about 100 yards from an intersection and started slowing down quite a bit.. I said "Mom.. it's green.." Her reply, "But it might turn yellow.." to which I laughed and she eventually admitted it was a bit silly
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

yeah, next time i'm down in knoxvegas and I see a yellow light (as long as a celica isn't behind me) I'm just going to mash down on the brake and hope the person behind me is paying attention. Flawed policies don't go away unless people act to proctect their best interests within them.

But i still love her...

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

hehe, i followed you right through that light too!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

That blows man!

The Indiana state AG outlawed them two years ago. However, cities are allowed to have intersection cameras, but no photo ticketing.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

I always find it odd people complain about red-light cameras. If you're not able to stop when it goes yellow, you're going too fast anyway for your car/reaction speed/conditions.

Most people, unfortunately, don't see yellow = stop. They see it yellow = speed up. Swap the attitude around to what it's supposed to be and rear-enders largely disappear. Those rear-end collisions are because drivers aren't expecting someone to stop at a light which is changing. Were those expectations given sufficient time to change, so would the behaviour and thus the number of rear-end collisions.

The problem is that there isn't enough enforcement (manned or otherwise) to widely change that behaviour and the cameras are now being pulled too quickly for even localised behaviour to adapt.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
    I always find it odd people complain about red-light cameras. If you're not able to stop when it goes yellow, you're going too fast anyway for your car/reaction speed/conditions.

Most people, unfortunately, don't see yellow = stop. They see it yellow = speed up. Swap the attitude around to what it's supposed to be and rear-enders largely disappear. Those rear-end collisions are because drivers aren't expecting someone to stop at a light which is changing. Were those expectations given sufficient time to change, so would the behaviour and thus the number of rear-end collisions.

The problem is that there isn't enough enforcement (manned or otherwise) to widely change that behaviour and the cameras are now being pulled too quickly for even localised behaviour to adapt.
    No, the problem is the two people getting ticketed at the light didn't know where they were going, so they were playing keep up.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Some municipalities actually shortened the duration of the yellow for revenue on red light cameras. Until they got busted. It's a cash cow and has nothing to do with public safety. It's especially profitable against out of towners. No fight.

The companies that make those systems taught profits to sell their shit. No safety statistics are included in the presentation. My dad sat in on a committee in his town. They turned it down.

I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

TN made bank from c-tech..

I'm due back in Maryville for court on July 22nd. Can't believe court appearance is MANDATORY!
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by vip09 View Post
    TN made bank from c-tech..

I'm due back in Maryville for court on July 22nd. Can't believe court appearance is MANDATORY!

I think next time knoxville should host the meet for free considering how much $$ we dropped into the local government last time.

But i still love her...

Court investments - $25,475 and counting. Mr.Shaun91 is on a distinguished road Mr.Shaun91's Avatar
    Mr.Shaun91 has donated to the forums!

ya i love the ones here in az tim. its funny cuz half the time they flash you while your actually obeying the law!!! and when you do actually get them we all just throw them in the trash unless a server hands it to us....
    95 4Runner SR5 4X4 - DD
    91 Celica GTS 5s-fte- DEAD with 348k on the clock
    90 Celica GT - DEAD parts car

One day with the help of Gods good grace
    Phantom

TOYOTA = To Obliterate Your Obsolite Torqueless AntiClimax

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Well, finally getting this ticket taken care of.

$450 lawyer fee
    $110 court cost
    $125 safety course

And I don't have to drive up there for court appearance and nothing goes on my record..

I'm broke now.

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

well i guess you saved money on gas and time off work. that lawyer fee sucks ass though. why is your safety class 125? mine was only 35

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Images

I dunno maybe mine is the uber hardcore one?

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Damn.... that sucks that it costs so much, but nothing is on your record...

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

all i see is pictures and video of your car going through a red light. not you. that will not hold up in court. there is no way to proove that you are driving the car. Here in CA the cameras take a picture of the driver too. thats how they nail you. if the picture is unable to proove its you then it gets tossed. just fight it and say you were not driving.
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Thread Information