CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

keeping the 6th gen 4 now

so 163.50 later i got these and they were shipped to my door in less than 48 hours and the shops in town said these wernt listed or if they did find them they were on back order. If you want something done right, do it yaself.

so now i technically have a set of tires but they are miss matched 2 are nexen n3000 (shown here), 1 is a bridgestone potenza, 1 is a pirelli. I see another bridgestone on ebay, if the seller accepts my offer ill get it and have the pirelli as a spare.

hopefully by this weekend ill have the flywheel from the gts sent off to get turned. Ive been trying to hold out for a used lightweight one but no dice.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

slight update

darkness now has a set of shoes, split set but a set non the less

got the other bridgestone potenza from the guy on ebay, finally got him to buldge on the price after i sent him a half page long email.

so now he's got all 4 new tires 2 bridgestones and 2 nexens, and with them being 245/45/16's damn car should grip the road damn well.

funny part is the balancer caught fire while balancing the tire/wheel. Luckily nothing was damaged

i also aquired a working autometer boost guage for 15 dollars but i may sell it to get a autometer cobalt boost guage to match my autometer cobalt a/f guage

the ct20 thats on the rte checks out good, soon ill pull the pan and check things there and if all is well ill assemble the engine and trans on the ground and go from there.

up next to buy in random order:

send injectors off to be cleaned
    fog light bulbs
    fmic and "stuff", i may just use a intercooler from a mk3 supra though and get the ends modified since my friend has an extra one.
    guage pod
    egt guage
    89-94 240sx 3 row aluminum radiator or skyline aluminum 3 row rad
    mk2 supra rear bumper cover
    82 supra afm
    debatting getting another muffler, but its the same type i have now just a 3 inch inlet instead of the 2 1/4 i have now.
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 08-28-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

This looks so nice man. Finished product will be awesome for sure.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Is your current exhaust 3"?

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

current exaust is removed, the exaust i have in storage that came off the parts car is 2.5, the muffler i was looking at was only available in 2 inch, 2.25 inch, or 3.

the current muffler i could get the end enlarged but one of the tips is bent slightly so i was debating just getting another ebay DTM like i have now cept without the burnt tips

thanks doowstados for the complements.

got the old p/s rack out, 130k rack with new bushings is to be installed in the next few days

i may do the brakes but im debating rebuilding the rear calipers, or replacing them, and buying new rotors
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 09-02-2010 at 11:17 AM.

so the 130k rack seemed to be leaking so after awhile i found the rack i got from the parts car and it appears that it was a reman, so im going to fit it with new inner tie rods and reuse the outters.

the new tie rod will be here monday

after this im going to get the engine and trans togather so i can try and put it in as 1 unit

frankenstein rack is bolted in, picked up the energy suspension dust boots for the tie rods and will put those on over the weekend.

hellova good deal i got on ebay on some brembos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

so ill be taking the rear brake assembly apart so it can be ready for the new rotors, the old ones i cut to min spec several years ago so im sure these will be alot better.

as for the front, they wernt used that much and i have a extra set in storage but id rather find a set of slotted 86-88 cressida rotors and calipers to go up front

mini update

did all the brakes, rack is bolted all the way in, tie rods connected, wheels bolted on. Damn 245/45/16s look good on my gts. Now all thats left really suspensionwise is to order new lug nuts, eyeball alighn the front so it will make it to firestone for lifetime alighnment and lop off a coil per side on the front springs.

engine work will be comming VERY soon, only thing that is holding me up is funds cause i may havta drop 200 coin on an apartment here in the next few days, after i get moneys sorted out im sending my stock flywheel off to get lighted and blanced and order my 240sx aluminum rad

so far everything is in motion to send my flywheel here http://www.racetep.com/flywheel.html and after that im going to try and get spoonmans ic and a 57 trim turbonetics supra turbo w/a t3/t4 flange from a local guy for cheap, then send it off when i get my taxes back for a rebuild

meanwhile im going to swap harnesses, oil pans, and replace the waterpump and all seals this week

very nice buildup. keep up the great work!

i've always loved the way the 3rd gen celica gts' looked... and in black, it looks EVEN better.
    Independent AMSOil Dealer

thanks, really appreciate that.

everythings on a slight hold again because me and TNT have been looking at houses to rent. Im trying to move by the end of this year or sooner.

house w/garage aquired

now to get my security deposit back from this other place.

so next in sumwhat order

lightened flywheel
    sr20 radiator
    fix the stock cracked manifold
    mix and match parts on the rte to work with a celica

assemble engine and trans

then misc stuff like fluids, belts, ect

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

You've been working on this for like what... six -seven months now? MOAR PICTURES.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

well yeah, stuff keeps getting in the way like me working with 1 day off per month for the last year, the beater needing work, and i need a new cam, my phone sucks.

as i was moving i think i have 30 or so boxes of spare 3rd gen/toyota truck parts, and theres still more.

i start a new job on the 17th of jan with better pay and hours so that should help speed things up.

Lifetime Member Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz's Avatar
    Demz has donated to the forums!

How did I miss the updates on this the past few months? Are you running XXR 002s on the third gen? What size are they 16x8? I was going to pick up a set of 501s and run 245/45/R16s so I'm dying to know how they look. Forgive me if I asked a question that's already answered here but I don't think I seen anything.
    The Stable:
    1985 Toyota Celica GT-S "Celes" because racecar
    1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS "Audrey" because **R.I.P.**
    2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi "Suzanna" because family car
    1991 Toyota Celica GT "Eva" because DD **Back from the Dead**
    2006 Chevrolet Colorado "Kylee" because racetruck

^Clicky for CarDomain^

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Doowstados View Post
    You've been working on this for like what... six -seven months now? MOAR PICTURES.
    My Project sat for 2 years before getting fixed.

Shit happens

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demz View Post
    How did I miss the updates on this the past few months? Are you running XXR 002s on the third gen? What size are they 16x8? I was going to pick up a set of 501s and run 245/45/R16s so I'm dying to know how they look. Forgive me if I asked a question that's already answered here but I don't think I seen anything.
    yeah im running 002's with 245/45/16s and a 1 inch drop all around now (i had to lop off a coil in the front cause ccs sent me the wrong springs) though it drove like a dream

the car is at my folks house for now while i finish up the engine for my mini truck at the new house, when i get back over there and get all the boxes off the car ill snap a pic 4 ya

btw the rear sits perfect, the front should after i get the engine in

3 row megan radiator 130 shipped, dont mind if i do

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=390289106058

mmm purdy

flywheel is next unless i find a intercooler cheap

mini update

no real labor progress, over time ive aquired

interior bits
    sunshade
    82 supra afm, if the car is still there i may try to get the rear end cause i forgot that the 82 celica supra was the only one that has a stock 3.73 rear lsd unit in the 5 speed

and today after some horse trading a barely used genuine garret t3 with a 3 bolt rear section and internal wastegate which is what ive been looking for for over a year. its a lil smaller than what i wanted but apperently the rte guys love this lil thing cause it matches the powerband and rev nature of the rte. Quick spool and fulll spool between 2500-3000rpm, runs 7-14psi, good for 250whp but im aiming at 180-200 on the stock ecu, and ill probally have it set no higher than 10psi

i still need to send that flywheel off, buy an intercooler, (i know what size i want), some piping, waterpump,(i put the oem pump i bought for this on my truck), and 370cc injectors

this will most likely end up my winter project as im almost done with the truck and the stx may not be here much longer so the 240 would take its place and all i need for it now is a waterpump, front and rear main, vavle cover gasket set, and a clutch kit
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 09-09-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Thread Information