CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Lifetime Member Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz's Avatar
    Demz has donated to the forums!

Default Demz's life long project: 1985 Celica GT-S "Celes"

I figured I'd better make one of these since I do get a lot of questions. I'll try to piece a story together in some rough time line. A chunk of this is taken from my CarDomain, but that's about 5 years outdated. Lots of typing and pictures commeth.

2003: I turn 17 and decide its time to get in the job market and buy myself a car. My mom had an 89 4Runner with 22R, and I loved it, so I wanted to get a Toyota too. I figured Supras were out of my price range so I scouted some Celicas. Autotrader gives me a choice between an 85 Celica GT-S and a 92 Celica GT-S (which resembled my beloved GT-FOUR RC that I never owned but always wanted to.)

I take a trip almost literally around the block and look at the 85. It's pretty much love at first sight. I decide I don't even want to look at the 5g, I bought the 3g then and there.

Paint's horrible, engine runs like a champ, and handles beautifully. I knew I was falling in love.

This is when I get my first job. If I had started there a week earlier, my boss was giving away a car for free. I would've ended up with a clean 88 Camaro. Ah well.

Fall of '03: My dad asks for a couple hundred bucks and buys me some rims.

Ballin' lol

Spring of '04: My dad decides he hasn't done anything to bloat his ego in a long time. It's time to paint the Celi!

Bought the Kaminari body kit.

Pick up a set of Iron Crosses from the junkyard for $8 a piece.

Spoiler'd for my future track endeavors.

Sideskirts molded in the fender, side moldings shaved.

Body sanded down for paint.

And the final choice of color: yellow.

At this point we decide that the yellow with the shaved moldings needs something to break it up. So we bust out the fine line tape and make some graphics.

Because black is pretty much the only color that goes on yellow.

Paint finished.

Custom made badges.

2 1/4" exhaust with "high flow" cat and flowmaster

And every thing is done. until...

Summer '04:

A Cavalier runs a red light. I *stupidly* make no acknowledgment of said car and turn right into it as it enters the intersection.

The worst day of my life

So a $1900 car wrecked, time to total it right? NO! I refuse!

Parts car from South Carolina.

Frame rail swap.

Riding as multi colored as bloodmoney's 92 All Trac, haha! *Ugh fine 90 All Trac*

Another parts car from Connecticut.

Engine gets rebuilt and painted this time around.

I come to my senses and powder coat the Iron Crosses and throw them on. And never take them off, ever again haha.

Back to its former glory. With a set of PIAA 4000s!

2005 to 2007: Life happens. I start my college career. Celes is pretty much ignored except for regular maintenance.

Fall of '07

I get a new windshield. My dad reallys wants to make a new TOYOTA banner for it, I tell him I go without it for now, and if I miss it we will make another one.

2007 to 2009: More life happens. I lose a few jobs. Get off track of my schooling. Get back on track of my schooling. My life's a mess, haha.

Fall of '09

Thorley header(s?).

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t=VID00002.flv
    A *very* crappy cell phone video after starting it up with the Thorley.
    Demz(@ the amount of unburnt fuel that gets spit out): Oh that's beautiful...
    Greg(@ how ridiculously loud it is): The hell that's only like 3 grand!

May of 2010, Celes' 25th birthday: I celebrate Celes turning 25 by doing a few things. AC system that I converted to R-134a is removed, worked like crap anyway. I do the (much needed and over due) air intake mod. I buy a 70 amp alternator to replace the *factory* 60 amp that I have been beating the piss out of for years now. Pictures of these will come in the morning. And best of all:

OMG SPOILER-LESS!! It's been bothering me for years since I stop taking her to the track, it was being useless. So away it goes.

Coming up in the very near future:
    Ground Control Coil Overs
    A fiber glass hatch I've been hearing rumors about
    Celica Supra Spoiler
    5 lug conversion

Plans for the distance future:
    3RZ-FE swap
    -or-
    Turbo on the 22R-E
    Last edited by Demz; 05-29-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    The Stable:
    1985 Toyota Celica GT-S "Celes" because racecar
    1999 Chevrolet S-10 LS "Audrey" because **R.I.P.**
    2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi "Suzanna" because family car
    1991 Toyota Celica GT "Eva" because DD **Back from the Dead**
    2006 Chevrolet Colorado "Kylee" because racetruck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^Clicky for CarDomain^

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

BTW: Its a 90 alltrac... Get it right.

Having seen this car in person, let me say that although the paint may be gaudy, This car has been built right. Dennis, you should post up some pics of you brother's supra too....
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bloodMoney View Post
    BTW: Its a 90 alltrac... Get it right.

Having seen this car in person, let me say that although the paint may be gaudy, This car has been built right. Dennis, you should post up some pics of you brother's supra too....
    I love that paint honestly, I'm a sucker for a yellow car

And :+1: on the supra pictures.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

hell yeah, nice build. Are you still active on celica-gts.com? And i bet the throley head made a night and day differnce over the manifold that crushes down to a half inch before it opens back up.

i gotta start on my project here soon, ive been slowly buying parts but now im almost where i have enough parts to start assembling my gts back togather.a

if i had to swap id do a 3rz, teran did a 2rz writeup on the rwd fourm. and then id boost it. im doing a 22rte ATM, but 1 the engine has 30k on it and 2 the whole 4runner i got it out of cost me 400 bucks.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

FYI Folks, this is how to do a project thread. Lots of pictures with short concise explanations. Really enjoyed this thread. Awesome work and a beautiful car.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

yeah its a breeze to do when the car is all done or close to it, now if u start from scrach like my beater project thread....

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I like it. A lot.

Props to you and your dad for the work. It is an effort of love for sure, and I can respect that.

And I like yellow.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 85gtsblackman View Post
    yeah its a breeze to do when the car is all done or close to it, now if u start from scrach like my beater project thread....
    Or mine!

And I agree, most people would just scrap a car once it gets that much damage. Good job on the restore.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Lifetime Member Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz is just really nice Demz's Avatar

Thanks guys, now that I've got my puppy tired from playing, he'll let me sit down and write a proper response.

but.....but you always said you liked my paint. HOW COULD YOU LIE TO ME!?

hell yeah, nice build. Are you still active on celica-gts.com? And i bet the throley head made a night and day differnce over the manifold that crushes down to a half inch before it opens back up.

i gotta start on my project here soon, ive been slowly buying parts but now im almost where i have enough parts to start assembling my gts back togather.a

if i had to swap id do a 3rz, teran did a 2rz writeup on the rwd fourm. and then id boost it. im doing a 22rte ATM, but 1 the engine has 30k on it and 2 the whole 4runner i got it out of cost me 400 bucks.
    I haven't been on there in a long time. No reason in particular, like I was saying, life happened and I kinda feel off the face of the internet-earth.

Yea I loved it when I put the Thorley on. I've done so many accidental burnouts now, I've pretty much fried my 6 year old tires. And even though the 4-2-1 is designed for mid range, I still freed up quite a bit up top just cause of the collector pipe.

So Teran did a 2RZ swap huh? Thats great news! I might swing on by sometime to get some ideas for a 3RZ swap. I'm happening it's mostly the same stuff.

I've been really liking the idea of a 3RZ swap since I was given a 4WD Tacoma which may possibly have a 3RZ in it. And all these high hp 3RZ videos online are making me really jealous.

+1: on the supra pictures.
    Alright, alright. I'll just throw them in here since its not my car.

BTW these actually take longer than they look, I have to mull over 500 something pictures and try to figure out when they actually happened haha.

Summer of '04

My brother is about to graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering so he decides he wants a summer have-fun car. His choice: Acura Integra, 2 door, 5 speed.

Fall of '04

After searching all summer, he can't find a single Integra coupe w/ 5 spd. It's really funny how rare they are around here. And then I find this gem:

He tells me he would absolutely love a Supra, but Celicas are my thing. I pretty much tell him to stop being a d-bag and pick up this thing ($2000) before some 17 year old kid picks it up and runs it into a Cavalier or something.

And that's the birth of the Celica bros.

He has loved his Celica Supra ever since, and never thinks about a Honda ever again, lol. First a couple mods here and there.

Space Invaders! lol!

Chromed grill.

Winter of Early '07

The brave soul attempts the F1 body kit, (Kaminari clone) and my dad unknowingly agrees to help.

Same shiz, different day.

The craptastic body kit is on (maybe 3 or 4 months on that alone) and body is ready for sanding.

Turning the car around for more sanding + PINK TRYKE!!

Paint on.

Stole my chrome rims haha! (only to move it)

Celica Dragon.

I believe the body is done here.

Finished! Polished stock rims and chromed grill.

Fall of '09

Aaaand the chrome grill and side markers come off. Kinda miss them but looks good either way. Still no fog lights tho.
    The Stable:

^Clicky for CarDomain^

bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Bah.... You know I love you Dennis....

Plus the sound that car makes is teh secks

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

And once your shirt is done, you can have Celes with you everywhere, even when she goes into hibernation for the winter!
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

i love the look of all these cars
    i am not a fan of the wing on the yellow one i guess thats a nc thing
    but under the hood on that silver celica make me wet...
    lol jk but it is sick
    one ?
    where have yall been able to find the dragon medallions
    for your grill or door posts

... super celica bros for the win!!!
    ca ca ca classic!!!

Sorry about the random disappearing, I tend to do that when I try to get multiple degrees at a time.

Anyway, here's a quick preview of what's to come in the spring.

Nobody but me probably cares but if anyone is interested why it takes me so long to finish a project it is because I have too many of them. Here's a few other ones I have going.

My beloved S10 in Project: 21st Century. Bringing her to the next century with super high-tech stuff like HIDs, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Limited Slip Diff, and Rear Disk Brakes! Oooooo!

A Talon in Project: OMFG Why Won't this Stupid Thing Stop Breaking Down?

Hi-Lux in Project: Oh That's What 22Rs are for.
    Last edited by Demz; 02-14-2011 at 04:38 AM.
    The Stable:

^Clicky for CarDomain^

MOAR TRACTION

Some teaser pics until I can take her out and get some pics for March's Under Construction contest

Before the construction begins...

Old vs New

View of the new equipment.

Old vs New

The 20" that propel Celes.

Going back to work once daylight hits.

Back shot. Feels good to finally have proper sized tires and to FINALLY fill in those wheel arches.

Old Stuff:

Factory "Iron Crosses". 14x8 +8 offset, custom powder coated "Celica Yellow" by my dad's friend.

Barum Bravaris. 195/60/R14. Came with the car. Only noteworthy thing about them is that after 8 years they STILL had good amount of tread left.

New Stuff:

XXR 522. 16x8 +0 offset, Flat Black.

Good Year Eagle ZR45. 245/45/ZR16. I'll let you know when theres no snow how they handle, haha.
    The Stable:

^Clicky for CarDomain^

nice, i was talkin to you on FB bout this. I dunno if id lower it a inch cause i forgot about the whole body kitwhich makes it seem lower anyways.

If anything just get some stiffer springs from ccs

then add some tokicos and enjoy your celi-kart

Yea I did get a decent lift from running bigger tires tho, haha. I think I should be good on lowering as far as the kit goes, there's about 6-7 inches of room between the kit and the ground. What I am worried about how that much tire will do being stuffed in the wheel well when lowering it. Thats why I'm gonna wait for you to see how Darkness does with 245/45 and an inch drop. If I lower it at all it will probably be 1/2" or 1" if I can swing it. Stiffer springs are going to be a "must" haha.
    The Stable:

^Clicky for CarDomain^

Hooray for us getting Sh!t done!!!!

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

^ Seriously.
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

I like how we fixed Jeff's Blazer. Man, we're awesome.
    The Stable:

^Clicky for CarDomain^

Hell yeah!

It just needed a push start.......

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

im aiming to start on the 3rd gen by april or late march, gotta finish my hauling vehicle 1st

I knew I was gonna get kicked out of the garage sooner or later. So, time for some non-shitty pics of the set up, in a photo dump fashion. I know it doesn't look much like it but Celes is very much under construction at the time being, so I have no performance feed backs yet. (does she qualify for March's contest? haha)

In this post (and thread in general) I apologize for:

Excessive amount of pics
    Excessive amount of 1980s
    Excessive amounts of Yellow
    Excessive excitement over rims. (seriously, I've never found a good set of rims to fit my car before, let alone purchase any)

I originally intended to show excessive amount of angles so you guys can get an idea about the fitment, how much flushyness, etc. And I also parked the Bonneville there to compare how low it sits but that all went to hell when I realized THE BONNEVILLE STILL SITS LOWER. Oh well, epic fail on my part. Needs moar coilovers.

I digress. Opinions? Looks good/bad? What tires should I get after I shred my ebay specials? Needs lowering? And if so how much?
    The Stable:

^Clicky for CarDomain^

Thread Information