CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Live Tech Help Chat Requests

How this will work:

This is an effort to provide scheduled live help to members in need.
    As of the time of this posting, it will only be myself doing this.
    If there are other Techs that wish to donate their time, so much the better.
    I would prefer to break this down to one 30 minute block per user per day.
    Multiple times can be arranged if there are slots open.

POST YOUR REQUEST IN THIS THREAD!

Post your name (Your REAL name.
    Addressing Mr. Fluffy Bunnyhead is just ridiculous)
    Post the nature of your problem.
    Include all symptoms that are presenting.
    List any work that has been performed in the last 6 months.
    List the tools you have readily available to you.
    Post a time frame (Please include your time zone) which you can be at your computer.
    I will respond with a confirmation or adjusted time.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND:
    This is not in any way to replace the standard posting of threads.
    We have a Maintenance and Repair section, do use it.
    This is geared toward an immediate Q & A to help you in your repair efforts.

About Me:
    I am since retired from the auto industry, but am still very much an enthusiast.
    I started out doing oil changes and tires 13 years ago in a professional setting.
    Then, about 12 years ago I got my ASE's for:
    A1 Engine Repair
    A3 Manual Drivetrains and Axles
    A5 Brakes
    A6 Electrical - Electronics Systems
    X1 Exhaust Systems
    My certifications have since lapsed, but the knowledge is still there.
    Troubleshooting and diagnoses are my main forte.
    I specialized in Rotary Engines for about 9 years and had a high 11sec Rx-7
    that I personally owned/drove for many years.
    I have built a decent number of Honda and Toyota track cars. (1/4mi)
    Some of them (3) to the 10sec region.
    I also have built a good number (more than 10) of high powered GM engines.
    These were mostly the older style LS/LT motors. Many in the 600hp+ range.

While I have no illusions that my word is gospel by any means,
    I do tend to know at least the "basics" of what I am talking about.
    If there is anything I am not familiar with, I will be the FIRST to let you know.
    By all means ask any and all questions you may have.
    This is after all a community in which we promote and encourage learning.

Reference Material:

I have access to the same materials you do in the context of the Toyota Celica and Celica AllTrac platform.
    The BGB (known as the Big Green Book) IS the factory Toyota repair manual.
    We have this wonderful resource here on site via the main page link.
    Do us both a favor an pull this up before your appointment time.
    It will make the process flow much smoother and be less time consuming.

QUESTIONS?

If any of this is unclear, please ask and I will be glad to clarify.

Best Wishes,

- Mario
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

hello i have questions about a 92 celica gt and a 91 celica gt

swiftyrod it would really help if you posted all the information that he listed for him to narrow it down a little good luck
    POST YOUR REQUEST IN THIS THREAD!

Post your name (Your REAL name.
    Addressing Mr. Fluffy Bunnyhead is just ridiculous)
    Post the nature of your problem.
    Include all symptoms that are presenting.
    List any work that has been performed in the last 6 months.
    List the tools you have readily available to you.
    Post a time frame (Please include your time zone) which you can be at your computer.
    I will respond with a confirmation or adjusted time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftyrod View Post
    hello i have questions about a 92 celica gt and a 91 celica gt
    See below please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post

PLEASE UNDERSTAND:
    This is not in any way to replace the standard posting of threads.
    We have a Maintenance and Repair section, do use it.
    This is geared toward an immediate Q & A to help you in your repair efforts.

Reference Material:

I have access to the same materials you do in the context of the Toyota Celica and Celica AllTrac platform.
    The BGB (known as the Big Green Book) IS the factory Toyota repair manual.
    We have this wonderful resource here on site via the main page link.
    Do us both a favor an pull this up before your appointment time.
    It will make the process flow much smoother and be less time consuming.

Best Wishes,
    - Mario

Questions?

Hello
    my engine 3s- fe 1990 in my camry auto surges up and down on rpm ,this happening when engine heated up 1/4 from cold ,and rpm s goes up and down a little ,it feels like it missfires a little also when driving when engine surges .also not possible to use overdrive then it feel to high for engine to use overdrive ,only possible to use it when driving very fast above 50 let say more than 80 km t

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Hello
    my engine 3s- fe 1990 in my camry auto surges up and down on rpm ,this happening when engine heated up 1/4 from cold ,and rpm s goes up and down a little ,it feels like it missfires a little also when driving when engine surges .also not possible to use overdrive then it feel to high for engine to use overdrive ,only possible to use it when driving very fast above 50 let say more than 80 km t

hello, I am driving a 1991 Gen 5 Auto Convertible Celica... its a JDM model... I have a missing 2nd speed sensor module on the Gearbox (Auto)... thus the car is assuming that the Sensor is spoilt ( as there is no sensor to connect to) and its flashing out code 61 (the O/D light keeps flashing)..other than that..car drive normal (I think)...may I ask...does this missing 2nd speed sensor module on the Gearbox (Auto) has any effect on the car....will this cause the car not to be running on its optimal due to no speed info back feeding to the car computer? please advise, thanks

My name is Bryan Matthews.

I'm available all day today Monday April 7th 2014.

I'm available after 3 PM PST Monday through Friday and after 11 AM on Saturday and Sunday.

My problem is a non-functioning passenger side power window on my wife's 1995 Celica GT 2.2

The driver side master switch that controls the passenger side window and the passenger side switch don't work. I even checked to see if the lockout switch was preventing it from functioning but the lockout switch didn't prevent the driver side window from functioning. Does the lockout switch only affect the passenger side window or is that switch bad?

I have tested the Regulator/Motor by taking power directly from the battery and connecting jumper wires to the Red & Green wires going to the Regulator/Motor. The window will go down, and then up after reversing the wires to the battery. so I know the regulator/motor is functional.

Does power come from the fuse panel and go to the master switch and then travel from the master switch to the passenger side switch, or does the power come from separate sources?

Is there a separate fuse and/or relay for each side?

At this point with my very limited Electrical knowledge, I can only guess that either there is no power getting to the master switch and passenger side switch or that both switches are bad.

Any and all help/input is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi Matt,
    I answered your question in the other thread and it seems you have it sorted for now. Sorry I didn't see this thread until now.

Take care!
    - Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Thread Information