CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
Closed Thread

Default How-to post photos on CelicaTech

Can someone please do a quick write-up in here for how to post photos here on the site?

I need this explained in detail so that other members can use this feature.

+Rep from me to whomever gets it done tonight!

Thanks in advance
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."
     ...to the topTop

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Gimme about 2hours when I get to work and I can do it.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->
     ...to the topTop

Thank You Tim, I really appreciate it.

If you can do the whole photobucket way and how to host them here that would rock.
    I am terrible at explaining this stuff.
    - Mario

Questions?

...to the topTop

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

You just need a "public" place (hyperspace) to put them - copy the adress - and then hit the "image" logo in your post window.

As an example - I have my own hosted space - and two domains - one of which is my own "private" place - called "nashdom.com". It could just as well be "photobucket" - only the address is different.

So - first I move my pic to the "virtual place" - like in my case I use an FTP or SSH client to move the stuff to a directory on the server.

Then when I want to "post the image" I just hit the "image icon" at the top of the message window here - and enter the address of the image:

The image icon:

Then I enter the image address in the dialog box:

Finally this will result in my image showing up here (so long as it survives at the posted address/server):

Is this what was needed here for info?
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car
     ...to the topTop

Partially, and Thank You!

I basically need a step by step n00b-proof write-up that anyone can follow.
    Including the steps of registering on a photo hosting site and how to link the imagery.

Think of how you would present it to someone who was "new" to the internet.
    - Mario

Questions?

...to the topTop

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold

OK - I did the PhotoBucket thing so will post my experience and observations here.

So - if we assume that one might know nothing at all abot "servers" or "FTP" or any of that stuff - then we must at least assume that one knows how to "Goggle" and find a website - else how did you get here?

So - you just type "Photobucket" in Google - follow the link - and you should end up here:

So just choose the "join Now! It's Free!" and you will see this:

So you will choose "No Thanks" for the "Pro" option here - unless you are intent on spending money . . .

So now - you can upload your pics to the "PhotoBucket" server by clicking the button:

So - after you upload your image - you just click on it and copy the address of the image from for browser address bar:

And so - viola! You can link your photos by clicking the CelicaTech Image Icon and pasting the image address you have copied:

Try again:

...to the topTop

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

So you want to post pictures to the boards, but don't like using attachments? No problem! Here's how to post pictures utilizing two different image hosting methods. Please note, there are THOUSANDS of ways to host/post pictures on the boards. These two are simple, and commonly utilized. Please note at the time of this EDU all information is accurate and functional. Photobucket is known to frequently modify their code, so in the future some of the Photobucket steps may either not work, or work in a different manner.

NOTE: Images are linked to full size pictures. Click on picture to see full size.

Ok..LET'S GET TO IT!

First you'll need a host for the pictures. You can either host them here on the Celicatech servers, or use an Internet host such as Photobucket. There's pros and cons to each method. Hosting pictures on Celicatech's servers will allow all members to view the pictures without having to worry about end users or company firewalls blocking the selected image hosting sites.

To upload via Photobucket:

a. Visit www.photobucket.com
    b. If you do not have an account, click the 'Join Now, It's free' button in the upper right corner above the login fields.
    c. Enter your desired username and password. Make note to keep these in a safe place for future use. Click Next.
    d. Fill out additional information (name, email, etc). and click the 'I Accept' button.
    e. Goto your email account, and open the email from Photobucket. You'll need to click a link to validate your email address.

Once you've signed up, you're now ready to start uploading.

1. Login to your photobucket account

2. This should direct you to your home page on Photobucket. If not, click the 'My Home' link to be directed to your home page (highlighted here).

3. Click the 'Upload Images and Videos' green button in the middle of the page. From here you can select one, or select multiple images to upload.

4. Once images are selected, click the Open button. The images will start uploading. Depending on internet connection and file size, times will vary for the upload.

5.Once uploaded, you can add various tags, titles or descriptions if desired (not necessary). You can also move to albums,create albums, etc. I will not go into details on this. Photobucket has excellent support/help that outlines these various options.

Now your pictures are uploaded to Photobucket, and ready to be displayed on the web.

Upload to Celicatech's servers

1. Once logged into the site, click on the Gallery link at the top of the page.

2. Click on the Upload link to begin uploading images to the Celicatech server.

3. Scroll down to upload images from your computer. Click on the 'Browse' button, and browse your local files to upload the desired image.

4. Select the image to be uploaded, and then click Open.

5. If additional files are desired to be uploaded, repeat steps 3 and 4.

6. Once all files are selected, scroll down and fill out the additional fields below (title, description, category, etc).

7. Click the Submit button. The images will start uploading. Depending on internet connection and file size, times will vary for the upload.

Congratulations! You've uploaded images to Celicatech server! Now you're ready to display them on the boards. arty:

So now you have your pictures uploaded, but how the heck do you get them displayed on the site?

For images hosted on Photobucket.com

1. Login to your Photobucket account, and goto your home page (See Steps 1 and 2 under Uploading to Photobucket).

2. Scroll down, you will see a 'Recent Uploads' heading. This will show all your recent uploads.

3. Select the image you desire to post on the board, and left click on it. It will take you to another page that shows a larger version of the picture.

4. See the 'Share this image' box peeking in the lower left of the picture? Here's a bigger clip of that section.

5. The only section you would need to worry about here is the 'IMG CODE' field. Left click in the field, and it will highlight & copy all text to your clipboard.

6. Take this copied text, and then pasted in your post where you desire to insert the image. It should have appear as follows (excluding the spaces around the IMG tags).
    Code:
    [ img ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/YOUR-ACCOUNT/FILENAME.jpg[ /IMG ]
    If I were to use the image in the screen-shot above, I would use the following IMG code (minus the spaces)

[img ] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...eld_pissed.jpg [ /img]

This would display the following image.

You're done! You've successfully posted the picture to the forum. Repeat steps 3-6 to obtain the code for other images. As before, there's shortcuts & other methods to be used via photobucket, however this only touched on the basic uploading/posting methods. See Photobucket help for futher details.

For images hosted on Celicatech's server

1. Once logged into the site, click on the Gallery link at the top of the page.

2. Click on the My Stuff menu, and select My Images. This will take you to a listing of all your uploaded content.

3. Select the image you desire to share, and click on it. The page that opens will show the image, and some additional information below. Scroll down to view this.

4. You can use either the BB Image Code, or Thumbnail Code. BB Image Code will post the full size image in the thread. This is generally not preferred due to ease of viewing the thread, or load time for the other members. If you were to use the Thumbnail code, it will display a reduced size image, and link that smaller image to the full size allowing members to enjoy a speedy load time and the ability to click and view the full size image. In order to do this, simply click in the white text box next to the one you desire to share, then press CTRL+A on your keyboard (this will select/highlight all), and then press CTRL+C on your keyboard (this will then copy the text to your clipboard). To paste in the thread, just press CTRL+V on your keyboard. Alternately, you can use the 'Edit' menu in the browser window to perform the select/copy/paste features.

Wanna see it in action? Click the jellyfish!

That's it! You now can post images! Please keep in mind when using Celicatech's gallery to ensure you upload and tag the pictures correctly. This will allow the other members to browse the images by category or tag-names. We wouldn't want to see a pile of poop when clicking on the 5th generation category!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself or another moderator/administrator.

-4gc
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->
     ...to the topTop

Tim and Klapa, Thanks to you both

This is getting stickied . I just need to figure out if I'm leaving it here or moving it to the FAQ...
    - Mario

Questions?

...to the topTop

Man - did I ever get "out-classed" by 4thGenCelli with the thumbnails!

That's cool!
     ...to the topTop

Thread Information