CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Does this look right?

Does this look right to everyone else?

Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks, but it looks as though the left side is higher than the right side, and that the engine is tilted.

Note, I used a bracket from a mr2 5sfe
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

no that does not look right. I used my celica 5sfe motor mount, my engine sits level.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Bloody hell.

I'm cleaning the garage today/tomorrow, I better find that fucking bracket that I got from Mario...

Well at least it fits!! lol.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Ya, definitely not right. hehe.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Your eyes r right men

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

I dare you to drive like that O_o.

She's sold
    !

Images

Ok, I'm hoping this is the result of the left side being up a bit higher than it should sit.

I'm sure this will fix itself once I get the proper mount bracket installed. It's actually rubbing just a bit against the chassis there.

Here's another issue I found just now while under there trying to get the north/south mounts bolted up to the tranny.

That's the rear transmission mount. The bracket won't bolt to the two holes there because the rack is in the way.

Another angle

Now this was hard to get a picture of, but by looking at it laying on my back under there, it also appears tilted. If I'm right, when the left side of the engine lowers down, this will also give just enough room for the bracket to fit and mount to slide in.

Looking at this picture..

It appears as though that rear mount really does have a tight fit between the rack & the crossmember, confirming my thoughts.

Any other insight?

Her Build thread -->

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Yeah, I'd bet a million of your dollars that it will be fine once you get the right mount/bracket on the trans.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

Yea my trans mount was also very close to the steering rack.

most deff crooked

-joe-

pwnt by 85gtsblackman a.k.a MR. KFC

Images

So.... a bit of investigations & findings.

Indeed, the mr2 5sfe mount bracket = phails. ST162 3sge on left, sw20 5sfe on right.

Onto the rear transmission bracket. Looks like I really do need the rear bracket from the st165. There is no way in hell without serious modifications to the bracket the st162. The bracket is not far enough from the rack to clear. After doing a bit of investigation, this turns up.

Now, since I spent a good 15 minutes just laying under the car yesterday staring up trying to figure out WTF I did wrong, I have a pretty good mental image of what the engine/tranny looks like from underneath. That clicked instantly, and I thought of this..

Now after putting that mental image in my mind, like I said there's no way thiat this can bolt together without serious modifications to the st162 bracket (bending/cutting/etc). I'd rather not do that as I think it would pose some sort of stability issue.

Mas thoughts por favor?

Her Build thread -->

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Get a big as pipe and bend shit til it fits...

Nah, but on a serious note i got nothing.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Grot View Post
    Get a big as pipe and bend shit til it fits...

Nah, but on a serious note i got nothing.
    I'm actually thinking of grabbing a giant spacer. I have some spare metal tube laying around that looks like it will fit perfectly between the transmission/bracket, and will hold up to the 40 ft/lb torque it calls to hold it in place.

Her Build thread -->

You need to find the bracket I sent you Tim.
    I'm sorry you can't find it man, I really am.

Call Josh at CRW and ask him for one.
    Or, post a WTB.
    Or get lucky and find it.

I vote option 3!
    - Mario

Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by 4thgenceli View Post
    I'm actually thinking of grabbing a giant spacer. I have some spare metal tube laying around that looks like it will fit perfectly between the transmission/bracket, and will hold up to the 40 ft/lb torque it calls to hold it in place.

No.

The trans casing is aluminum.
    Any lateral torque will crack the hell out of it.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post
    You need to find the bracket I sent you Tim.
    I'm sorry you can't find it man, I really am.

Call Josh at CRW and ask him for one.
    Or, post a WTB.
    Or get lucky and find it.

I vote option 3!
    I don't know what teh fuck is happening. I'm supposed to have all these parts, but for the fucking life of me I can't find them.

God I need a fucking drink now.

Her Build thread -->

watch, you will go buy one and afterward find the one mario sent u

94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Images

How fucking True, i know it's gonna happen.

Her Build thread -->

How fucking True, i know it's gonna happen.
    I don't know what teh fuck is happening. I'm supposed to have all these parts, but for the fucking life of me I can't find them.

God I need a fucking drink now.

hows that drink working for ya
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I think the chasis is fucked. Better get rid of everything. I'll take it off your hands for $100.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Images

What's the odds that the st185 rear bracket will work for the st165 as well?

Her Build thread -->

I'm reading all the headaches you've been having, and thanking god that I have the 165..... Not trying to rub it in or anything, but damn.

Also, do you have the 185 bracket in hand? I'm hoping you wouldn't ask instead of just trying it out...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEightBall View Post
    I'm reading all the headaches you've been having, and thanking god that I have the 165..... Not trying to rub it in or anything, but damn.

Also, do you have the 185 bracket in hand? I'm hoping you wouldn't ask instead of just trying it out...
    No I don't.

I just compared some diagrams of the 185 to the 165, and the brackets look identical. Reason I ask is it's easier to source a 185 being parted out or 185 parts than 165 nowadays.

Her Build thread -->

Ah. I get it now. If you can find 165 and 185 scale diagrams, you can do scale measuring to figure it out.

Thread Information