CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

is there an area i can help you out in? our timing maps won't be the same and i do not have logs from the nemesis. i used the dyno while monitering the hydra live feed.
    these motors seem to pick up engine noise (knock) between 4000 and 5000 rpm. depending on boost, fuel, ect. i actually had to change my knock threshold much higher on mine becuase it's too damn sensitive.

oh and my pulls were in 4th gear. not 3rd (also accounts for my lower numbers)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

(bugs)

id like to just have a look at your maps if you dont mind, just wanna have something to compare it to.

Bugs, posted your dyno over on mr2oc and ats scott thinks your ignition is breaking up on the top side, and also that your cams arent degreed properly and youre getting way more power loss on the top side than you should be.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

he said my timing looked weak, not breaking up silly!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Wish the video still was there, n00b!
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Bugs, your ignition does appear to be weak/breaking up in the high side.

And I wouldnt be surprised if your cams werent right, I already told you to get your cams tuned.

But youre prolly not gonna.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i need an awd dyno to do that fucker!

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

fixed video link, i think my dead battery may have been affecting my ignition voltage. notice the battery charger on it

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

i think ill try the hks 264 specs on the cam settings. they are a pain to set in the car on an alltrac though.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar

bugs i totally forgot you buddy! sorry. i'll email my most recent map to you. please don't run your car on it (not that you would) and remember my fuel tables will be way off from yours.

Images

im not gonna upload it, just look at it. btw my email is donteatben@gmail.com

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

You should get a degree wheel and degree them properly. That would get you in the most probable sweet spot. Since the degree settings will change with a number of factors it is almost impossible to say one spec will work best on any given engine.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

well you have to have a baseline to use a degree wheel propperly and sometimes that isnt even optimuim settings. the best way to set them is on a dyno.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Degreeing with a wheel will get you to true "straight up", which is generally a pretty good starting point and is probably pretty good for most people. From there, you could make small changes on a dyno to shift the curves. Without it, you'd have no way of knowing where straight up is.

Just seems like you're giving up a tonne in the top end the way the torque is dropping off.

I'll be doing mine sometime soon as I've just installed my 256's, I'll probably take some pics and do a write up of doing it while engine is in the car.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

that would be nice. ive read several write ups on it but have yet you do it successfully. i did find that my crank pully is true tdc though. that helps with using other peoples staring point on the degrees. i couldnt find a good place to mount a dial indicator on the top of the cam.

Images

ok, my cams were at +3.5 intake -6 exhaust. ats recommends hks 264 cams to be set at +4 intake -8 exhaust. Ats also did the 268 in a gen 3 head and came up with +3 intake -8 exhaust. so i set my ehaust to -8 and left my intake at 3.5 since its a bitch to loosen in the car.

GDDDamnit i forgot again. call me later tonight, i'll pm you my number.

Images

So i went to nemesis timing school last night with mafix. I was way off on my timing maps, maybe ill be ok now that i have more reasonable values in there and understand what they mean.

I walked in on that, that's why I stayed quiet in chat after I said Hi to my lover... His name is Ben
    ~Dustin

14" DC TRD O/R MGM Tacoma-Daily Driver
    85' Toyota MR2 N/A-out of commission forever
    88' Toyota MR2 N/A- 4age = D E A D. AE92GZE underway
    Your Girlfriend - I ride her on the weekends

Images

yeah, sorry about that. i needed his info since he knew a lot more about it than me and this is the first time ive ever been able to chat with him about it live.

and a couple of hours on the phone and it should be all good now. let me know how that works out bugs!

Images

So i put the timing map i made on the phone into the nemesis last night and it started and drove around the block. Only a little boost. This morning i drove the car to work, 60* outside car runs great at 13 psi and pulls all the way to redline. It feels kinda slow but this is a pretty base map type thing. I turn the boost up to 22 psi (i guess) and it boosts fine in 4th and 5th gear but when i do a pull in 3rd i get instant misses. I dont know if this is because of the timing change or what. AFRs are 11-12 in boost at both boost settings. Im guessing the spark may be getting blown out. Ill turn the boost down to 20 or 18 and try again. I am running 1 step colder NGK platinum plugs but i cant remember the gap i had.

nice numbers. i haven't dyno'd my st165 yet but i'm hoping for at least 250whp.

Thread Information