CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Finally an alltrac dyno

311 hp
    285 ft lbs
    20 psi

engine:
    ross 8.5:1 pistons .20 over
    eagle rods
    gsc 268 cams
    engle valve springs
    8000 rpm limit
    cometic hg with arp studs
    block and deck shaved flat

rmr intake manifold
    q45 tb
    koracing gt3076r turbo kit .63 a/r exhaust housing
    3" exhaust
    open dump
    blitz dsbc
    hydra nemesis 2.5
    speed source rail and regulator
    supra tt fuel pump
    880cc injectors
    30x12x3 fmic with 3" piping

Last edited by donteatbugs; 09-30-2010 at 04:35 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Weaksauce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

It is weaksauce.

Tune yo shit bugs!
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Shit boy! Tune the car!

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

/yourself

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

it is pretty weak for what i have done. i can tell it needs more timing in boost.

Can't you alter that with the Hydra unit?

Seems to me you should be able to pull about 50hp more at the boost level you're running on that turbo Bugs.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

tune your shit ! sounded good though, but have to agree you should be at around the 360hp range I would think.

you got pm too
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by donteatbugs View Post
    it is pretty weak for what i have done. i can tell it needs more timing in boost.
    Yep, for sure. Torque dropping pretty significantly once the RPM's get up there (where the 3076 should be best, especially on an engine that will flow well...). What does the timing map look like? Also, did you degree your cams w/ a degree wheel?

But yeah, you should be able to prevent the torque from dropping like a stone like that. I'd bet either cam degreeing or more ign advance required.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Thats exactly what weve concluded Chris. Needs to tune the cams and the ignition table better. I drove the car today tho. Holy shit that thing moves.

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Senior Member v8killer is on a distinguished road

Images

call this your baseline lol

black st165 sleeper- the v8 killin' 2.0L bottle of whoop-ass!
    mods: you wish you knew!
    "Straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" Colin McRae- RIP

Originally Posted by Luni
    Are you serious?

Jesus, you really should just get a fucking sportscar that was designed to go fast.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

These are definately not the responses I would expect people to be saying about a dyno over 300 lol.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Quote Originally Posted by 3tcpower View Post
    These are definately not the responses I would expect people to be saying about a dyno over 300 lol.
    We're not knocking him for having 300+, we're simply informing him that his mods should put him above the numbers he put down.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

With that turbo and the boost level alone he should be well above the 300 level.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Images

i was just wondering what i was making, this give me a place to start with my ignition tuning. i think im almost at the limit of only street tuning. i think the rest will need to be on a dyno. i love the way the car drives right now and its very conservative tune for safety.

Do you have a J&S Ultra Safeguard unit yet Bugs?

At the levels you're looking at, I would highly recommend one.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ill agree Bugs. The dyno numbers dont say alot, but holy fuck your car is fun to drive. Its fucking fast too. It definately ges up and moves.

Did I mention its fun as fuck to drive? Cause it is.

Bugs car is badass. It doesnt get the street cred it deserves. Id roll that fucker anyday in a heartbeat.

Too bad he wouldnt let me drive it with ALL the boosta. I only got 14 psi.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Definitely looks like you've got a solid base to work from. I'd agree on the street tuning. It is pretty tricky, especially the timing side of things. Especially, especially, when you see an experienced tuner do in a matter of minutes what takes you hours.

Did you degree those cams tho? That's one thing you can do without a dyno...but you'll need to readjust the fuel for sure after. I got my degree kit for $100 at summit.

3076 is one of the turbos on my "short" list...very interested in your progress bugs!
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    Ill agree Bugs. The dyno numbers dont say alot, but holy fuck your car is fun to drive. Its fucking fast too. It definately ges up and moves.

Did I mention its fun as fuck to drive? Cause it is.

Bugs car is badass. It doesnt get the street cred it deserves. Id roll that fucker anyday in a heartbeat.

Too bad he wouldnt let me drive it with ALL the boosta. I only got 14 psi.
    Which means that he did a great job on tuning cruise to boost transition. Congrats Bugs, now its time to utilize the full potential of your setup!
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Images

tune is decent seeing as i get 17 mpg in boost/around town and 24 on the highway.

i was getting an average of 2.5v at the knock sensor and a peak of 3.6v. i dont know exactly what to aim for but my threshold when i got it from rickyb was set at 4 basicly

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

my threshold is much higher than that bugs. the damn hydra is very touchy on the knock sensor.

very nice dyno BTW. 310 at every wheel is great! yes it can be better (can't we all get more tuning time in!) but from what i see it looks great! pump gas too IIRC, right? what was the temperature outside?

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

Images

temp was good, around 70 i think but it was raining outside. mafix if you dont mind emailing me a map and data log from your nemesis. something high boost and 3rd gear. id like to look at your knock and timing. my email is donteatben@gmail.com rickyb recommends zipping the files so it doesnt get corrupted in the transfer.

Those numbers are nothing to sneeze at. What dyno did you end up going to?
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Images

batlground performance in atlanta

Thread Information