CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

BANNED

skidMarkNZ is on a distinguished road

Default Got the 300zx over an mr2, pics of 300zx.

You were warned in the title, i had a thread umming and arring over mr2's thier safety etc, and i bought a 300zx some people wanted pictures of my 300 so here they are in this video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-6xmiWusYs

and then i just won these 350z wheels yesterday so going to the other end of the island to get those on saturday...

Let me know what you reckon, and yes i know it needs painting, i'm thinking either a lambo type mettalic orangey yellow, or satin black professionally sprayed, with a veilside bodykit, got the veilside nose on already

Opinions on what to do next ( and sell it and buy an mr2/celica/ whatever is not the cat fight i'm after lol.
    Last edited by skidMarkNZ; 05-06-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

I like the red, it looks like its a sweet rig, I really like those cars. I would just get it sprayed red again.

BTW, body kits are played out...even in New Zealand. Get a Nissan bumper.
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Love the car. i have a soft spot for 300s.

Id have to agree on sticking with OEM body parts, but hey its your car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I really dont like it, I would have picked the 2 but we all have our own ideas and opinions, I do respect your decision though.

Cheers, I hope it is everything you wanted and more!

94 JDM ST205
    94 JDM SW20
    91 JDM ST185 RC

Quote Originally Posted by sodap0p View Post
    I really dont like it, I would have picked the 2 but we all have our own ideas and opinions, I do respect your decision though.

Cheers, I hope it is everything you wanted and more!
    I'm with this guy. All except I do like the car, just not the bumper. And Im not saying bodykits are gay, I have a border kit in my shed for my mr2 I'm going to get painted next time the car goes in for paint (Kit and oem, so I can swap between the two. Aww chea).

1989 JDM Mr2 Turbo
    13.4@102 MPH 1.9 60'
    Berk Exhaust - MBC (16lbs)

Unsocially Acceptable acidice333 is on a distinguished road
    acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

mmmm... so cramped to work on those... I replaced a fuel injector on my buddy's last week.

*warning unpopular viewpoint*

I just think it's a little funky to be concerned about buying a car or not based on their safety, and then buying a previously car instead.

Commence the railing about how it is perfectly safe and sound car and the wreck had no effect! (I am mostly messing with you, the damage does appear to be cosmetic for the most part)
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

JDM front fascia's make those things look badass. I personally think 300zx's look better with body kits, but not that one, but to each their own. This is an NA one, correct? Because of their weight they are actually pretty slow. However, the track width and low center of gravity will make it feel planted when going through the twisties.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joe's gt View Post
    JDM front fascia's make those things look badass. I personally think 300zx's look better with body kits, but not that one, but to each their own. This is an NA one, correct? Because of their weight they are actually pretty slow. However, the track width and low center of gravity will make it feel planted when going through the twisties.

yeah she is definetely planted on the twisties it is n/a, the stock bumper was really rooted from the crash hence the veilside one, i scored it cheap so not too fussed, i got my eye on a nicer full bodykit,

gotta drive 1400 km about 900 miles tommorrow in my mighty toyota corona 3sfe ooo lala, to go pick up a set of 350z factory 18 inch alloys for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joe's gt View Post
    front fascia, u mean front bumper i assume, or some magical lip spoiler or sumthing i havnt seen yet, linkage?

just bought some 350z wheels for it and 60mm spacers, and adjustable rear camber arms....
    Last edited by Murgatroy; 05-11-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Anyhoo, back on topic.
    I worked with a guy that got an N/A 300 2+2 with the Stillen kit in pearl white (I think). I'm not sure on what all was done to it but it seemed pretty quick. Went cruising a few times, never got to drive it but it seemed like a nice car.

Good luck with yours.
    Last edited by Murgatroy; 05-11-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Physlis View Post

Anyhoo, back on topic.
    I worked with a guy that got an N/A 300 2+2 with the Stillen kit in pearl white (I think). I'm not sure on what all was done to it but it seemed pretty quick. Went cruising a few times, never got to drive it but it seemed like a nice car.

Good luck with yours.
    ooo stillen kit u wuldnt happen to have a picture of it....
    Last edited by Murgatroy; 05-11-2010 at 01:21 PM.

I don't have any that I can remember, might be able to dig some up though. I'll see what I can find.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Physlis View Post
    I don't have any that I can remember, might be able to dig some up though. I'll see what I can find.

like this?

i'm probably going to widebody mine i have some 60mm bolt on spacers for it.

should get around to putting the 350z mags on it drool drool

Junior Member vangls14 is on a distinguished road

Please don't take this the wrong way as this is a REAL question.

Are any of those vents functional? I'm especially curious about the side vents. They look to be too high to be useful for brake cooling. If not functional, it looks a bit tacky, no? I know that the side vents (OEM, btw) ARE functional in the MR2.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Have you heard or looked at the Greddy Gracer front fascia or the replica of it? It looks pretty slick on the Z. And I as I said before, the JDM one is also looks nice. I love the vented nose panels.

I don't believe the side vents are functional and not a fan of them either. Takes a lot of work to put those in also.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

WELL worth it for racing applications.

For a street car that doesn't see the track, it is a pointless thing.
    If your brakes are heating to the point that you are losing pedal,
    you are driving it incorrectly or have an issue with the system itself.

Vented nose panels and hoods (when properly designed) are of great benefit.
    They circulate and vent out the super heated air from under the bonnet area.
    Without these, especially in an FI car, the pressure system in that area can become stagnant and damage components over time due to heat or cause heat soak issues.

I will however add though, that most auto manufacturers put LOTS of R&D into this area.
    Unmodified, it should never be an issue that the typical owner sees.

The Japanese "kit" that is a stock trim package much like our RC/CS is called the "FairLady".
    That moniker has always been specific to the Nissan make and got it's start with the Datsun 1600/2000 Roadster. (To my knowledge)
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Junior Member vangls14 is on a distinguished road

I definitely agree that any well designed vents in the frontal area is important. I guess I was wondering about the side vents, especially on body kits for cars that never had a vent there to begin with. Seems like most of the body kits with random vents is just for looks which ends up being tacky. For exampe, I see a lot of Civics and Jettas with the Z3 fender vents/inserts.

Thread Information