CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fuel line help

Default fuel line help

Ok so my fuel lines rotted right at the tank and I had to replace them but the sending line is rusted so bad to were i soaked it with seafoam rust buster a few times and it still wouldnt budge. The small end seemed like it was 14mm but it kept slipping so I tried a 9/16th and thats to big and 1/2 is to small if they made a 17/32nd it would be great. I will try pb next time i go out with a 14mm pipe wrench unless anyone has any other ideas and help would be great .
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

you might be having to make a new line or get a new sending unit. neither is fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

try a pair of vice grips

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

I did get a new sending unit its the part of the line that's right by the tire above the rearend. Ill take pictures next time I'm out by it.
    Last edited by allTRACway; 05-04-2010 at 07:26 AM.
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

Captain Lone Dragon Slayer... Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S's Avatar
    Carolina91GT-S has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Carolina91GT-S has donated to the forums!

If you do get it off do you really want to use that part to put it back together? I would rip it off and replace it. But that is just me...

~Chris

Most recent update 8/30/2013

"You'll never make it"

"Nonsense, you only say never because no one ever has."

I would only to get it back on the road for some time till I can get stainless steel lines but I'm having trouble finding them at the moment. I want SS lines anyway since I live in Minnesota.
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

+1 on the vice grips. But expect to be reusing the old flange but after that.

ha sorry kinda forgot to update. i got the car on the road the vice grips were great, they got it off and a had to reuse the flange. looking to go stainless steel for the hard lines i am having an issue with a leaking filler neck though. its getting done slowly
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

Thread Information