CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Valve keeper Remover

looking to /buyborrow one of these from someone. I can pay for shipping to and from me to you, but I would like to get it by this weekend.

This is what it looks like:

1990 GT-S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

If that's to keep the valves in place while you do some head work (shims/springs/etc), there's an easier way.

Pick up a compression tester, and pressurize the cylinder. This will keep the valves closed while you do the work. Just don't let it loose pressure
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->

Nope, what this does is it keeps them in place while you push down on the spring and pops them into place, pretty much it is a 2 in one valve spring compressor.

I have the head off the block so I'm not worried about anything falling through, otherwise I would have lost about 6 keepers into the block already, lol.
    1990 GT-S

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

Thread Information