CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Plugging vac lines

I ordered the brass shifter bushings and a mbc i have found the directions to put them both on no prb. my ? is i know i can use a screw or something along those lines to "cap" the to hoses the need it. but is there something better maybe made for that i can get locally? the mbc i ordered is used so doubt it will come with the caps from twos r us thank you in advance

a screw and zip tie really do work great for plugging vacuum lines. Alternatively, you could get the rubber caps and just remove the whole line at the source/junction and cap it there. If you're no longer using that vaccuum line, it doesn't need to hang out in there, it's just less work to leave it in.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Vacuum caps were the route I chose.

I will give a bit of advice though:
    If possible find caps that are made of a thicker rubber or silicone material.

The high levels of heat in that area make standard vacuum caps degrade relatively quickly.
    Once a cap degrades it causes a leak.
    Or it can alternately simply fall completely off if it is worn enough.
    This will mean that you have theoretically infinite boost and may or may not hit fuel cut.
    Likely the latter as you are using an MBC and not an EBC.

My .02
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15013/10002/-1

I got 2 sets of these and they always come in handy.

Exactly what I was referencing.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Quote Originally Posted by 90blacktrac View Post
    http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15013/10002/-1

I got 2 sets of these and they always come in handy.
    Exactly what i used on my car.

Thread Information