CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One last set of Sportmax 050s might become available if I get this set of SSRs I am looking at.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I've always liked your 050s......
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

I need to get some 18x9s
    ALLTRAC AT FIRST SITE

Now that it is worth showing.
    Discontinued Sportmax 050 17x9 38et rear 25mm spacer. Fenders rolled.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

do you guys think 17x9 +35 would fit on a widebody with 245's and no fender rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    do you guys think 17x9 +35 would fit on a widebody with 245's and no fender rolling?
    It would fit in the front, but that's to positive an offset for the rear so a spacer would be required. You would need a 10mm spacer in the rear at a minimum.

Plus rear needs to be rolled. Rear needs to be rolled for even many 8" wide applications. That stupid lip is in the way.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

that seems so odd to me, cause the 16x7's +35's on my GT-S look like they're maxing out the front and have tonnes of room in the rear.

CMS your post a few up says your fenders are rolled, I take it not much rolling has to be done? Is it just enough to flatten out that lip that tucks under the fender? I'm only used to seeing rolled fenders have a sharp edge where the roll starts so I'm nervous to do it to my RC.

I have 17x7s 40et I used to roll on, and to me there looks to be tons of room when I had them on. The rear even more so, which is one reason a spacer helps so you can run the same size all around.
    You need to use a heat gun so the paint does not crack, when doing it. The fender rolling tool will just rolls the top part of the lip flat. Some shops offer the service if you are too paranoid to do it yourself.

You can see here how the lip would hit the tire when the suspension compresses.

I took photos when I did but I can not find them online anymore.

this is bad angle but it shows my current setup on the GT-S, this is a 1.75" (I think) drop, my GTFour is all stock (hell it may even be raised a bit, I'm not sure)

If I can cram those 17x9's in there with only a small spacer and a lip roll then I may go for it. Although I'm still not sure if I even need 245's which would render the big rims useless anyways.

Looks like a shit ton of room in the front to me. Here are pics before paint comparing my two wheel sizes.

Thread Information