CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default st185 wide wheel thread

Well, I got to post these somewhere.

My latest findings:
    18x9 35 et.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

As I find more, I am sure I will post more here.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Did you buy those? Do they fit a celica? I know the pattern is right but the overall size?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

i doubt he did he just finds wheels that will fit (spec wise) an post them theres a topic on the at.net forum like this. good find josh
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Correct, I did not buy those, I just post links to wheels that fit our cars. I run on 17x9 38et myself. Keep in mind these aggressive offsets require rear fenders rolled, and some stiff springs.

BTW: Here is a pic of my setup, since my sig had changed w/o me knowing about it.
    Last edited by cms-gt4; 04-23-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i stuck with conventional 17x8 +35 rpf1 ftw. i was going for 17x8.5 +30 but it was 5x114.3

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Quote Originally Posted by donteatbugs View Post
    i stuck with conventional 17x8 +35 rpf1 ftw. i was going for 17x8.5 +30 but it was 5x114.3
    They also have a 17x9 in 5x114. If I ever change my bolt pattern, there is a chance I might have a set of those, but who knows.

The future of all my cars is up in the air, so I have been avoiding major purchases till I know what I am going to do.

More sizes flushness:
    17x9 35et
    http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5869

BTW: Rota offers custom sizes. So many of their wheels can be ordered for your car.

Quote Originally Posted by cms-gt4 View Post
    They also have a 17x9 in 5x114. If I ever change my bolt pattern, there is a chance I might have a set of those, but who knows.

The future of all my cars is up in the air, so I have been avoiding major purchases till I know what I am going to do.

More sizes flushness:
    17x9 35et
    http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=5869

BTW: Rota offers custom sizes. So many of their wheels can be ordered for your car.
    Rotas also fall apart if you turn too quickly. Just saying....
    1992 Celica GT Convertible

No they don't I have to watch a lot of arguing about rotas on the 350z forums. The volk fan bois tend to attack rota threads on that site, since rotas are a replica wheel. I have read both sides of the arguments.

From my observations of other owners on the site, is that the wheels hold up for daily driving and racing conditions. The sacrifice in rotas is weight, even though the DPT is a reasonably light wheel. (18lbs)

Another thing that many do not know is the company that makes rota is also the a major OEM wheel manufacture. They make wheels for Ford, Datsun, Chrysler-Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, Opel and Volkswagen.So there is a good chance you rode on rotas and did not know it. My only distaste for them is they copy other designs.

If they could take a wheel with the DTP weight and make a good looking OG design, they would be making a better name for themselves.

If they were to continue repicas, I would love to of course see the return of the first style OZ crono, but in lighter weight and more sizes.

Speak of the devil. I just went to my 350z forum, and someone just posted rotas new wheel. While it may not look like the crono to you, it does look like the racing version of the crono, except further dished.
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=447560
    http://www.driftworks.com/2010/04/th...15-2010-style/

Image of OZ racing Crono
    http://robson.m3rlin.org/cars/2005-lotus-exige-sport/

If they make these in smaller sizes, I might be sold for a set on my car pending weight.
    Last edited by cms-gt4; 04-23-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Here area few more. For those who might want the staggard look.
    Axis Apex. You can get 17x8 38 et for the front, and 17x8 35et maxis lip for the rear. You get the dished look w/o having to risk odd tire sizes.
    Might look funny if you tired to rotate the wheels. You would have to do a tire swap to rotate.
    http://1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheel...heelmodel=Apex

18x8.5 35et.
    http://1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheel...heelmodel=Halo

This wheel is also 18x8 and offers maxis lip.
    http://1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheel...eelmodel=Penta

I have seen a 205 running 18x8.5 F and 18x9.5 rear of this wheel: Needs special front and rear tire sizes to maintain same rolling diameter.
    http://1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheel...502+-+Chromium

18x8.5 40et.
    http://1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheel...wheelmodel=521

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I know more than a few racers that have run on Rotas for a LONG time without any problems. BUT it happens with any lightweight wheel, I've seen Rotas, SSRs, Volks, BBS, ETC all fail. Just be sure to check your wheels periodically for any cracks, splits, etc.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

I have a friend who has the pieces of a failed Rota hanging on his garage wall. After seeing that I dont think I could run on them.
    1992 Celica GT Convertible

I have busted an OEM 5th gen and 7th gen wheel, it can happen to anything. The only wheels I have read about that have had real problems were axis wheels a few years ago. They earned the name craxis due to the large amount reported that were cracking under normal driving.

oh man..
    im from the Philippines but i discourage ya'll to use rota for hard driving/racing..

use it for daily and your original wheels(if any) for racing.. please.. =p

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Bottles are for babies, real men get blown....
    Making your car Track worthy, is making it MORE than Road worthy..

I love the dish on the rota's

93 Black AllTrac
    81 Black/Blue Celica
    2007 Silver Tacoma Sport

18x8 and 18x9 35et
    MR116
    See the wheel on their pages and sizes on the next link. Might be decent repainted in silver.
    http://www.motegiracing.com/wheels.html
    http://www.performanceplustire.com/p...744#prodAnchor

So, would an 18x8+42 work on a '90 alltrac, with stock suspension, without any issues?

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

No.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    No.
    Damn, I can get a set of OZ's with tires for $600 right here in town, from an RX7. What about with wheel spacers?

Images

Probably with the spacers. You'd need a pretty big one I think.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Rx7's are 5x114.3 not 5x100 like Celica's.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Rx7's are 5x114.3 not 5x100 like Celica's.
    True, but this set is a universal 5 lug, which I believe are usually 5x100, and 5x114.3. Since I'd need such a big spacer, could I not get a lug adaptor to convert it to 5x114.3 anyway? That should also bump it out so that the offset wouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire View Post
    True, but this set is a universal 5 lug, which I believe are usually 5x100, and 5x114.3. Since I'd need such a big spacer, could I not get a lug adaptor to convert it to 5x114.3 anyway? That should also bump it out so that the offset wouldn't be a problem.
    With the money you would spend on the wheels and spacers. You could find a set that fits with out spacers.
    like these. http://www.vrwheels.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=2525

-16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Sprint 1.5 lowering Springs
    -Iceman Cai

Thread Information