CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Check in.

Black 205

1991 JDM GT FOUR-A
    Colour: Toyota Super White

1991 Toyota Celica All Trac - Factory All Trac Maroon

Tabjosh - 1991 Toyota Celica Alltrac ST185 - Smyrna Georgia

ianpen: 1990 st185h

The original list needs to be updated. I was told once before that ST185 does not equal All Trac. All Trac = US Only came w/ CT26's, ST185 = JDM that came w/ CT20B's.

So can we get a clarification on this? Just seeing "All Trac ST185" kinda bothers me if it is the wrong thing to say.

ST185 is the chassis code for the 2.0L Turbocharged All Wheel Drive Celica from 90-93.
    AllTrac was the designation for the USA model.
    Celica Turbo was the designation for the CAN model.
    GT4 was the designation for the EURO/JAP model.
    The ENTIRE production run of the irregardless of market(EUR/JAP/CAN/USA/AUDM..)
    came with the CT26 series turbine.
    Difference being that the JAP models (That I know for sure) came with a CERAMIC wheel on the CT26.
    USA came with a STEEL wheel.

Therefore, the list is just fine.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

3s_woob - Red ST-185 RC Conversion

Buffalohunter7321

88 st165 Blue
    88 st165 Black [ The Black named after the movie of a Fast Black Stalion]

1993 JDM ST185 GT-FOUR (LHD converted)

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Bottles are for babies, real men get blown....
    Making your car Track worthy, is making it MORE than Road worthy..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post
    ST185 is the chassis code for the 2.0L Turbocharged All Wheel Drive Celica from 90-93.
    AllTrac was the designation for the USA model.
    Celica Turbo was the designation for the CAN model.
    GT4 was the designation for the EURO/JAP model.
    The ENTIRE production run of the irregardless of market(EUR/JAP/CAN/USA/AUDM..)
    came with the CT26 series turbine.
    Difference being that the JAP models (That I know for sure) came with a CERAMIC wheel on the CT26.
    USA came with a STEEL wheel.

Therefore, the list is just fine.
    Yeah, just re-read my post and it does seem like I put the two things together. I meant to say:
    1) The list needs to be updated (As in all the names and cars are not on the OP's first post. Dunno bout you but I like to see one complete and updated list).

2) Clarification on the ST185 vs All trac thing. I've heard differently before so thanks for the clarification.

I was not saying to update the list because the ST185 or All Trac names were wrong. I was not clear on this and therefore would not make a request to update on something I'm unclear on.

But seriously I was under the impression that JDM's came w/ CT20b turbos. Or is that a later year production model only that came w/ CT20b?

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chewabacha View Post
    Yeah, just re-read my post and it does seem like I put the two things together. I meant to say:
    1) The list needs to be updated (As in all the names and cars are not on the OP's first post. Dunno bout you but I like to see one complete and updated list).

2) Clarification on the ST185 vs All trac thing. I've heard differently before so thanks for the clarification.

I was not saying to update the list because the ST185 or All Trac names were wrong. I was not clear on this and therefore would not make a request to update on something I'm unclear on.

But seriously I was under the impression that JDM's came w/ CT20b turbos. Or is that a later year production model only that came w/ CT20b?
    The ST205's(6th) came with the 20b's. All of the ST185's(5th gens) came with the CT26.

Actually, Canadian models were deemed "GT4" just as all the rest of the world, except the USA. Although the car was badged "Turbo 4WD".
    I know this because I remember speaking with the Toyota dealership at the time who were marketing the car as a "GT4"
    There was one for sale in the lot back in the mid 90's, and I distinctly remember this conversation.
    Tom
    Windsor Ontario, Canada
    1990 ST185
    1990 Corolla SR5
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

1993 All-Trac

Member smog7 is on a distinguished road smog7's Avatar

1990 st185 all trac -super red

dented fender, blown struts, leaks oil, she's a beaut!

1990 Super Red Alltrac ST185
    A.K.A. Project Phoenix
    90 Celica Alltrac (code-name Project Phoenix)
    94 Celica GT (Selene)

Thread Information