CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

And here we go!

- Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good luck man
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Quick update...

I got the shifter and shift cables put in today. Also got the old transmission out and the passenger side interior put back together. I blocked the hole for the automatic cable with a bolt pushed through a piece of hose, then wedged into the hole. It's airtight.

I couldn't get the flywheel in because (as someone mentioned to me) ARP does not make flywheel bolts for the 5SFE. Don't listen to anybody who says part # 203-2802 will work, they are wrong. There are many websites out there claiming this, but the diameter of the bolt is not enough to fill the manual flywheel. I am delayed for an entire week because of this.

I was spot on with the torque converter diagnosis, check out how much this expanded:

Only had one hang up today, never did get this damn thing out:

Annnd a teaser for the next update:

- Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Pics to show why the arp bolts won't work?
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    Pics to show why the arp bolts won't work?
    I'm not in a position right now where I can get to the flywheel, but heres a comparison of the correct size to the ARP bolts I received. As you can see, the diameter is different just underneath the head of the bolt.

Correct flywheel bolt:

ARP bolt:

- Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

i like that shift boot! where ya get it?

Project Ava

Images

Quote Originally Posted by pintoBC_5sfte View Post
    Thanks! It's just a cheap one from eBay.

Here's a link for ya: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230890221496...84.m1439.l2649
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

If you're gonna order one of those let me know, I want one too if you want to split shipping?
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    If you're gonna order one of those let me know, I want one too if you want to split shipping?
    You wanna order and ill grab it from you when it gets here?

Project Ava

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

You wanna order and ill grab it from you when it gets here?
    It looks like that eBay store got closed? They don't have anything listed in their shop.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Images

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    It looks like that eBay store got closed? They don't have anything listed in their shop.
    Looks that way. There are tons more around eBay that look the exact same, though. To be honest I tossed the shift knob because it felt like crap and found an OEM one at PaP. Feels much better.

Having a manual transmission in this thing is SO much better than the old automatic. Drove 100 miles to OC from San Diego today and loved every second of it, no more fighting the slush box to get passing power!
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Images

Well, since the last update I put in a TWM short shifter and shift knob and have driven it 8,000-9,000 miles.

Still going strong.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Thread Information