CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Default My baby and I have big plans.

1991 Toyota Celica GT (5SFE, Swapped Auto to Manual Transmission)

This thing has been my baby for going on seven years now. It still isn't perfect but I can't get rid of it.

Some pictures of when I first got it:

Some of the stuff I've fixed so far:
    UPDATED 10/14/2015

In order:

+ Replaced broken stock airbox
    + Alternator plug wire broke, cut one off at PaP and soldered it on.
    + Replaced alternator
    + Replaced radiator
    + Replaced IACV, all attached sensors (TPS etc.)
    + Replaced EGR solenoid
    + Cleaned EGR valve
    + Welded a hole in muffler
    + Replaced O2 sensors
    + New 2.25" custom catback exhaust
    + Custom painted Scion tC rims + low profile tires
    + Timing belt, water pump, etc
    + New catalytic converter
    + New driveshafts
    + New front struts
    + New remanufactured engine
    + Auto to manual conversion
    + New power steering pump and TPS around February 2013
    + Full brake job (front/rear) around August 2014
    + TWM short shifter and shift knob around August 2014
    + New brake master cylinder around September 2015

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still broken:

+ AC needs to be recharged

Future plans:

Lowering springs/coilover kit, going to go for maybe a 1 - 1 1/2 inch drop.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Doowstados; 10-15-2015 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Massive reorganization/update
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Looks nice, as for the headers, I just picked up a camry header. They bolt right up and it works pretty good for out motor because the motors are the same.

I would recommend using photobucket to upload pics because they automatically resize the pics so they won't be so large.
    1990 GT-S

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

BOLT ON MODS:

Thanks to Hookecho I now have my 97' Camry header. (March/April 2011)

It'll be getting put on tomorrow so that my exhaust guy can move my front cat the necessary amount. Sometime in the next few days it'll be taken back off, sand down and painted black with some 2000 degree VHT.
    Last edited by Doowstados; 04-15-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

The camry header from what I have heard, will give you a slight, maybe 5hp increase. It will also extend your powerband just a hair.
    1990 GT-S

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

Images

Reserved
    Last edited by Doowstados; 04-15-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

From my memory, I believe it is a 95-99 camry header. Easy to spot, 4-1 style header.
    1990 GT-S

Current Mods:

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

You have very atainable goals for the car starting out.

Very good looking car BTW

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Images

Reserved
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

nice ride.

you will need a 97-99 camry header, the 95 is the same we have now on our cars.i have a thread with pics of my install/exhaust fab that needs done in the n/a forum. some where.......
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Images

Reserved
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Unsocially Acceptable acidice333 is on a distinguished road
    acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

That bolt hole in the middle is where a engine hook bracket is suppose to go, and its also suppose to hold onto those 4 spark plug wires I believe.

me and you got the same wheels....ive got 17s tho.....nice looking celi

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Images

Reserved
    Last edited by Doowstados; 01-26-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

hey man I'm 18 too so I understand the money thing good luck

91 Celica GTS,
    work in progress front end accident in december.

Nice Celica man, im 18 also lol
    1990 GT Coupe.

Images

Well, went outside to start it up today to drive my girlfriend home to find a dead starter. (I'm guessing.) Made kind of a whirring noise. Gonna test it tomorrow when I have time and daylight. Any ideas what else it could be in case it isn't my starter?

And thanks guys.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Was it a loud whirring/grinding noise? If so, it could simply be a "flat spot" on the starter and will either require a few more attempts or a gentle whack. Which does indicated that it does need replacement, if it happens often, sooner rather than later.

My does it maybe once a month... less since I'm never home to drive it. I just try to start it a few times and it catches eventually.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Images

Update (March 1, 2011).

Got into an accident the other day and was forced into a median. Luckily, I avoided the other car (who tried to change lanes right into me...) and therefore avoided body damage. Unfortunately, my underside is pretty screwed up right now. My resonator, muffler and the front part of my exhaust pipe (right below the exhaust manifold) are damaged and will need to be replaced/welded. Also, my radiator seems to have been damaged even more than it already was and will need to be replaced.

Update March 4, 2011

I picked up a new radiator today because my old Nissan one (lol) was leaking from the top seam. Found a local radiator supply company that had a ready-rad in stock. (I haven't heard much about this brand, hopefully it holds up decently.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my underside has been welded with the exception of the resonator. (The hole in it is small, it isn't too loud.)

Here's a pic of the new one:

Last edited by Doowstados; 03-05-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Images

Radiator installed. No more leaks! I also took the liberty of replacing all of my rad hoses and cleaning out my catch can. So far so good with the ready-rad radiator, took me around five or so minutes more than usual to get my car heated up to reg temp.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Images

Shopping list post. You can ignore this.

3S-GTE Front clip
    Shop Crane: http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-c...ane-93840.html
    Leveler: http://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-qua...ler-67441.html
    Good torque wrench
    Shrink Tube: http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...set-67524.html
    New wire stripper
    Good chain

Chain locks
    Label maker
    Last edited by Doowstados; 04-15-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

if you dont have a breaker bar or 30mm socket id get that. i sware by my breaker bar. way better than a impact.

Images

Massive update to original post, will also be updating again tomorrow with several more recent pictures.

Dear mods, is there any way to change the title of this thread, or will I need to delete it and create a new one? Maybe I should just to organize the first page better. Open to advice on this.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Images

A little late but heres an update:

Went with a 2.25" catback exhaust. It has a 12" Dynomax resonator (NOT glasspack) and nice Dynomax muffler on it. Thing sounds amazingly quiet at idle and at high rpms sounds pretty beastly without that rice-ish raspy tone at all. Overall it's quiet but very deep sounding. I tried the Flowmaster 40 and 44 series as well as some Magnaflow mufflers before finally settling on the Dynomax. I found that the Flowmaster mufflers sounded too high pitched for me while the Magnaflow mufflers were a bit too... I don't know how to describe it... whiney? Kind of like a mix between a buzz and rasp.

I went ahead and bought the Scion rims from my friend I've been talking about. Got em a couple of weeks ago. Here's some crappy quality pics of her after her bath today:

She definitely needs an alignment right now; this last week I upgraded from 14" to 17" wheels AND changed the left CV axle. Thing is pulling to the left every time the road becomes even slightly bumpy/concave.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Images

Alignment is fixed, lookin' nice after a bath.

Put some new gauges in:

Need to fix an oil leak coming from the oil pump O-Ring and replace the other CV axle when I get the money/time. She's running good right now though.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

i really like the gauge placement
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

Thread Information