CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: import tuner

Default import tuner

anyone look at the latest issue? i was just skimming through while at wal mart and someone from the forum had wrote them and of course mentioned this website. import tuners response was if there are any celica owners that are really going at it with their cars. i'm sure we have plenty that is mag material

Yeah, I wrote them. The Captain's car is in the newest edition.

it was in a previous edition too wan't it? like readers rides or something? i remember cuz i took a pic with my phone cuz i was too cheap to buy the mag lol

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

It was in Modified before

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

Saw it...it was probably the gayest article I've seen in a while. like a 2" x 2" short letter one of the fellas wrote in...and import tuner basically refusing to put the car in unless the Capn' gets some "SUPER TIGHT RACING SEATS!"

....jk, but that is what I got out of that article.
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by geebes View Post
    Saw it...it was probably the gayest article I've seen in a while. like a 2" x 2" short letter one of the fellas wrote in...and import tuner basically refusing to put the car in unless the Capn' gets some "SUPER TIGHT RACING SEATS!"

....jk, but that is what I got out of that article.
    Like THAT's gonna happen.

I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Like THAT's gonna happen.
    maybe if you just put some in for the article and then took them back out.....????humm...we would know the truth.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

I looked at it just a little while ago at Walmart. Basically, Nice car but needs more power, more aero and race interior.

Hmmm, I think that translates to "It needs to be like the 50 or so Nissans that are inside. These guys wouldn't know a nice, non-jacked up car if it ran over them. I've seen John's car several times and it doesn't need ANY of their bullshit.

End of rant...
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

me too, noone has alltracs

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

i think well kept 5th gens in general are hard to find. trac's are a whole different story of rare, which is y i have an st =( lol

Amen Brother!!
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

So wait a minute, they told the one kid with the Alltrac that his wasn't good enough, they got hate mail, came here, saw Princess, acted interested, then ran a picture of her and said that she wasn't good enough?

Is that about right?

I haven't cared for Ricer Tuner, I mean, Import Tuner for a while now, but you are kidding me? Someone builds something to be unique, different from the masses and does it right, and then gets told it needs to be like all the other cars to get featured?

Bullshit.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
    So wait a minute, they told the one kid with the Alltrac that his wasn't good enough, they got hate mail, came here, saw Princess, acted interested, then ran a picture of her and said that she wasn't good enough?

Is that about right?

I haven't cared for Ricer Tuner, I mean, Import Tuner for a while now, but you are kidding me? Someone builds something to be unique, different from the masses and does it right, and then gets told it needs to be like all the other cars to get featured?

Bullshit.
    pretty much, the silvia featured in the issue isnt anythong to talk about either ....john's car is much nicer.
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

That's the way I read it Murg. I didn't bother buying the rag after I flipped through it. They basically said it was the nicest All Trac they had seen but that it needed more power, more aero and more race interior. My take was it needed to be like the drift/time attack wanna be's they show in the mag.

It seems to me that most of the import mags are more interested in riced up "JDM" specials with the female models than an actual good car. They aren't helping the overall image of the import community. With the demise of Sport Compact Car, there doesn't seem to be a serious import mag. Modified isn't bad. It seems to be the closest. Coming from the muscle community, the import press is rather dissppointing. Very seldom do any of the magazines have decent tech articles that the average reader with average tools and skills can use. Hot Rod and Car Craft do a lot better job for the domestic folks.

Just my 2 cent.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post

Is that about right?

Bullshit.
    Its because the vast majority of guys that drive tuner cars could care less about cars they didn't know exist.

They want to see Hondas with pink rims, matte black roof panels, carbon fiber this and that, along with unattainable Asian chicks.

And I truly believe its a magazine geared for eighth grade boys with Ken "Cock Knock" Block tee shirts and sideways-cocked DC shoe flat billed hats.

One of the tuner mags frequently has classic Toyotas, and even did an article about a TE72 coupe not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    That's the way I read it Murg. I didn't bother buying the rag after I flipped through it. They basically said it was the nicest All Trac they had seen but that it needed more power, more aero and more race interior. My take was it needed to be like the drift/time attack wanna be's they show in the mag.

It seems to me that most of the import mags are more interested in riced up "JDM" specials with the female models than an actual good car. They aren't helping the overall image of the import community. With the demise of Sport Compact Car, there doesn't seem to be a serious import mag. Modified isn't bad. It seems to be the closest. Coming from the muscle community, the import press is rather dissppointing. Very seldom do any of the magazines have decent tech articles that the average reader with average tools and skills can use. Hot Rod and Car Craft do a lot better job for the domestic folks.

Just my 2 cent.
    Didn't see this until I posted my previous. So, x2.

Car Craft is an awesome magazine. I remember my senior year of high school they did an article on getting a muscle car project up and running for $3,000. It was some old AMC with a Mopar 440 under the hood. It was my kind of project, utilizing junk yard parts and ideas.

If a tuner mag would do that, I might actually subscribe. But until then, no.
    Last edited by VikingJZ; 04-17-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

these aint supras

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    these aint supras

Are you mildly fucking retarded?
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar
    renegadex has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

I miss Sport Compact Car. That was the best import mag in my oppinion. They actually had articles where they took cars out on the track and came back with data. A far better read then those ricer mags.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

get the fuck outta here with that ricer math, nobody cares

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

very nice Captain! i love it when people tell me "wow, i have never seen one of these before"

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Originally Posted by The Captain

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Whats the problem? Look at the title of the magazine, import tuner.... Of course a stockish looking car isn't going to wet the appetite for THAT particular audience.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

post some pics please

Thread Information