CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: torque wrench

Default torque wrench

im supposed to install my gen3 cams into my gen2 next week but i need a torque wrench. anyone know a good craftsman that will work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

I don't know the model number on mine but it's a half inch drive click type and I've been really pleased with it over the years.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I have a $30 CSK special.

Bought it, specs are within .5 ft/lb of every other one I have (including $300 snapon one my brother owns lol). Machine shop checked it out, still holding good after 6 months.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Quote Originally Posted by lalojamesliz View Post
    im supposed to install my gen3 cams into my gen2 next week but i need a torque wrench. anyone know a good craftsman that will work?
    i bought mine at fleet farms and it works great dont know what brand it is though.. 30bucks i bought it.

Although I don't like Craftsman much anymore, they still make good tools. Their warranty coverage just isn't what it used to be and I don't think they are competitively priced like they need to be. Other than that, if it's a Craftsman you want, any one will do the job nicely for you.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by grayscale View Post
    Although I don't like Craftsman much anymore, they still make good tools. Their warranty coverage just isn't what it used to be and I don't think they are competitively priced like they need to be. Other than that, if it's a Craftsman you want, any one will do the job nicely for you.
    I agree with you on the pricing, some things they're just not compeditive at all on.

However, I have never had an issue with their warranty. I've broken numerous sockets/wrenches/ratchets/extensions/hand tools and exchanged them no problem.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

thanks guys. ill look into the lower priced ones since you guys have had goodluck with them

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Harbor Freight, just know it'll only be accurate for a year or so.

Or spend some money for a Precision Instruments Split Beam torque wrench.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

An important thing to look at when browsing for these is the internal parts. Some cheaper ones are plastic bushings mounted, wich after some years will lose preciseness (like 40 ft/lb over like my old one). The KD Tools one is, i think, one of the best bang for the buck combo i've found yet...

one reason for premature failure of a TW is tossing it back in your box without unloading the spring tension. Always store your TW with it set to its lowest setting.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

click type 150 ft pounds

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Anyone know where to get one calibrated? Had it for ~5 years dont know if I trust it anymore....always turn it back down before putting it away in its case..... Its a craftaman "digitork" 1/2" drive.
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Thread Information