CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which one?

Default Which one?

this one:
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...616727674.html

or this one:
    http://www.terra2imports.ca/import-j...4605697484.htm
    it says it's the CS edition but then wouldn't it have the CS bumper, or am I just a dumb noob?

anyway what one looks to be the better deal?

Member car is on a distinguished road car's Avatar

Images

No you're right about the second one, it would have the CS hood too, unless it was in an accident and they didn't feel like replacing the CS stuff. Honestly, I just looked at their color, so the second one (my favorite 5th gen color) with the Oz rims is my choice (again, based on aesthetics only).
    1990 Toyota Celica GT-S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

I cant figure out the price of the second one. I really like it though, I like the color and the oz wheels and it has lower miles. The GT-Fours that are Carlos Sainz edition should have the badging GT-Four RC too. Look for the limited edition number, if its not there it shouldn't be a true Carlos Sainz edition.
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

the price on the second one is $7999
    a good bit more than the other one

also can anyone tell if the black one is a widebody?

I really do like the widebodies

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Go with the first one. The red one is neither an RC nor a widebody. That means it is not what you want and the seller doesn't know what he has.

The problems with the second one: The badging is wrong, the hood is wrong, the nosepiece is wrong, the intercooler is air to air, not water to air, it is not an RC.

I don't trust sellers that lie, honest mistake or not.

The first one is cheaper, that makes it a winner in my book.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

^good points...MURG HAS SPOKEN!

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Agreed with Murg.

Although i do like the wheels on the second one.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

The first one. Black 5th gens are just soooo hot.

I knew that couldn't be a CS.....

I'm looking to get a car mostly as a daily driver, it's pretty much between a GT4/Alltrac or an old WRX

how is the reliability on the 3sgte? with proper maintenance and care how long should one expect it to last?

I would think better than the EJ20 on the wrx, right?

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The Alltrac/GT4 (ST185) is a Toyota, which means with proper maintenance and care, it will last forever, including teh 3SGTE.

Now the rub.

ST185s were a performance oriented and branded vehicle. They were bought to be beat. You have several types of owners, but the dominant ones are the guys that thought they had a turnkey racer, thus they beat the hell out of it trying to understand why it wasn't super fast, and then you have the tuners, who slapped all sorts of parts on it to make it fast.

A properly sorted ST185 will be a reliable vehicle, however, if the owners before you didn't take care of it, or properly sort it, you may have a long walk ahead of you to get it into that condition. That mythical old guy still owns his and has all the service records, he isn't ready to sell it yet.

That is not to scare you off, but understand, it is difficult to find a 20 year old car that has been beat on that won't need work.

In the end, I personally think it would be worth it.

The ST185 is not expensive to work on, or too awful difficult, and parts are plentiful, as is the knowledge base to go with them.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Thanks for the tips murg, I understand that it's like that with any "sporty" car
    I just wanted to know how reliable in general they were

still might get a WRX though, as I found a 1993 with 30,000k
    it amazes me how low the k's are on some japanese imports

thats becasue japan has very weird laws about smog......i think

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

I can say that as long as the maintenance is done, GT4/All Tracs are as reliable as other Toyotas. I've had mine for almost 4 years and have put like 40,000 miles or so on it will little problem. I drive it every day. With the exception of a bad wheel bearing, the other problems that I have had were either mine or my son's own making, not the car. The bearing was replaced by the previous owner and it might not have gone in correctly.

Like Murg said, what you have to watch for is a car that has had the piss run out of it and no maintenance. I know a lot of folks want to buy them and just run the hell out of them. When they break, due to little or no maintenance, they bitch that the car is unreliable. Any car will break if you do this. The WRX is also likely to have been beat on as well. Turbo/AWD tends to bring that out in people.

Bottom, check both cars out well. Look and see if the maintenance has been kept up. If things looks good and check out, buy the one you like the most. If the cars are decent but need a little work, decide if that is something that you want to and offer accordingly. Just make sure that you keep up with the maintenance and you'll be golden.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

cs editions have a badge under the shifter

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Grp A/CS/RC were made only between 91-08 to 92-02, therefore that 90 GT4 is not.

I did find a gunmetal RC in Calgary, its in the ebay/craigslist finds section of the forum. $9600CAD. Would be a great DD, 60000km.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46316

EDIT*I believe the VIN would be between ST1850015000 to ST1850022000, you could check that too.*
    Last edited by sodap0p; 03-09-2010 at 04:48 AM.

i'd check out both cars really well like Mike said.
    the WRX's tranny being made of tinfoil & glass might be close to going so just b/c it has low km's don't let that make you think it's been taken care of really well by the previous owner.

*Alltrac Goddess*
    87 AW11 MR2 hardtop 4A-GZE swapped Super2 Stage 1 Complete
    90 ST185 Celica AllTrac 3S-GTE Vadar Turbo AWD Sith Power - lots of upgrades, more on the way
    99 SXV20 Camry 5S-FE Maul TRD Grocery Getter slow & reliable - soon to be a little less slow
    89 AW11 MR2 hardtop Sold, but living on in Super2

Thanks again for all the tips

Holly cow do I want that RC in calgary, beautiful
    maybe.... just so damn far and a bit outta price range

Images

You should just keep your eyes open for stuff, because it seems like there are always good deals in Canada.

WRX's would also be cool, that will be the next car that I get. You should get newer than 93 though, I think thats when they first came out...prolly don't have all the problems sorted out yet. I like the 99-01 body style a great deal.

Thread Information