CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default best bang 4 the buck

hay every one i was wondering if any one could help me out i have a 93 gt this is my first tuner and don no much about imports do iwas wondering what you guys think would be my best bang for buck upgrade i have a short ram intake and an exhaust and wanted to get a header but havent had much luck finding one any one no what one would fit for anther make modle and and places that have lot of parts upgrades for the gt

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Just get an ebay header for it. there should be a few

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Yea, eBay would be your best bet for a header. Look for one for a 94-99 5SFE usually sold by surewinproducts. It will bolt right up but will delete your stock catalytic converter. I bought one but haven't had the time to install it yet. A lot of guys on here got 'em. I'll get a link up later if you can't find one.

thax man that be awsome i don want to buy shit that don fit and do you no were could get a throtal ody spacer or should i not even get one

Yea I could get the link for that too on eBay, bought one a bit back. I havent installed it though.

TB spacer
    This is the TB spacer I got, there's probably cheaper ones out there though.

Header
    The header's gone up in price lately but if you watch for a bit a good deal usually pops up. I got mine for $25+shipping.
    Last edited by Physlis; 03-06-2010 at 12:41 AM.

that spacer fits even though says 97-99 and i got a 93 like are upgrades for the 5sfe all pretty much fit even though it from a dif yr or modle

Yea, the engine didn't really change much between models. There were a few revisions through it's production life, but bolt-ons should be interchangable as long as its for a 5SFE. Don't quote me as the know-all on it, but that's what I've picked up while I've been here on the boards. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere that gets into more detail.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

you can also source an stock 97-99 camry header from a parts yard and use it. it's a real 4-1 header. it has shorter runners then the ebay headers but that's perfect for the 5sfe. it compliments the torquiness of the motor. it's what i run on my car. you can get one for like $40. the only problem is it is not a direct bolt on. a little modification of the exhaust pipe flange is necessary for the header to bolt up to the exhaust. so cost wise it may be cheaper to buy the ebay header.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Just FYI, the surewinproducts 94-99 header doesn't just bolt right up to a 93. The mid-pipe flange has to be cut and jiggered with a bit.
    1993 GT-S

Quote Originally Posted by Physlis View Post
    Yea I could get the link for that too on eBay, bought one a bit back. I havent installed it though.

TB spacer
    This is the TB spacer I got, there's probably cheaper ones out there though.
    How does this supposedly work?

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

it's the same bs as the tornado. the only thing it is good for is a heat dampener. which is .00001 hp added. it would have to be at least 5ft long to actually spin the air. it's a scam.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

I was just curious about the op's take on it.

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

i know you knew it was bs. i just wanted to let the guy who bought one know.

Actually it's not designed to spin the air like the 'tornado intake mod'. It's "supposed" to provide a little more space for the airflow to straighten, not become more turbulent. Whether it works or not is another story, but a spacer has been recommended to me a few times. I can't prove that it will work but I've rode in other vehicles before and after a TB spacer and I noticed a little difference (probably just throttle response if nothing else). It could have been my ass-dyno lying, but at that point does it really matter? I do appreciate the concern though.

Anyhoo, just figured I'd reply since the question was directed at me.
    Last edited by Physlis; 03-11-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Thread Information