CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Chaos Theory"

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Thoughts on the Coil-Overs:

The only problem I had with the Megans was a minor one, the brake likes did not fit into the brackets, they will have to be filed out, not much, maybe a mm or two.

I have only put about 20 miles on her since the install, I am planning a drive today. I currently have them turned down to 15 from full hard, and that is rather stiff, for street driving it might be absurd. I am gonna go do some testing this morning and turn them down to about ~20-22 to see how that works.

Chaos is running 215/40/17 tires with a 40mm offset on a 7" rim. No front sway bar, no front strut brace, she is a coupe. She also received ball joints and new tie rod ends at the same time.

Steering is much sharper, and very crisp. She feels very planted. She is currently ~1.75" lower than she started, and I am getting minor contact on hard bumps. This could be due to body damage on her fender and quarter, so I will be doing some massaging as well, until I source widebody fenders.

More thoughts to follow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Pictures as promised!

Low enough?

Meaty!

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Images

The inner fender liners are gonna have to come out.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
    The inner fender liners are gonna have to come out.
    They shouldn't need to. Why do you want to pull them?
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Because he dropped it a ton.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

I know he did. Mine was dropped further and there was no need to remove them.
    So I am curious as to why he's gonna pull em.

Did you remove yours Marshall? I cant remember anymore.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

The fenderliners are damaged, and they run, badly.

Plus with the widebody fenders, they won't fit anymore.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

So did you get out to the yard and find a set of fenders then Murg?
    If so, or you are able in the future, I would pull the fender liners from the donor car.
    If you are not going to do that, spend $40 on pint of POR15 and give the entire underside a good coat.
    Those liners go a long way to preventing water and debris from getting into certain areas.
    If they are no longer there, you are inviting rust to come play.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

No, I don't have them yet. I haven't been to the yard, I have been playing on the Dragon.

Man has to have his priorities you know.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Did the wheel stud issue get taken care of yesterday at the shop?
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

I guess. It wasn't seated all the way, but I can't get it to seat. The kid who did my alignment and tires was a special fellow. I don't think he liked Chaos. His vocabulary involved mostly four letter words and his face was stuck in a scowl.

I did feel even better this morning when I went back because I had a leaky valve stem, he didn't tighten it all the way.

My favorite part was when he told me he couldn't do the alignment because he couldn't get the tie rod ends to break, said I needed new ones before he could finish it.

The tie rod ends had been on her for less than three hours.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Sounds "special"....

There my friend, lies the difference between a Tech and a Tire Monkey.
    - Mario

Questions?

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

murg, i run to pap at least every 2 weeks. i will keep you poster as to what arrives.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Images

So I am having fun finding the sweet spot on the dampers.

With just me in the car, at 10 clicks from hard, she doesn't contact on anything harder than a 180* switchback. However, that is enough to unseat you on a solid bump at highway speeds. At 20 clicks from hard she contacts on on/off ramps, but rides very comfortable.

Right now, I am making plans to source the fenders, as I am not gonna play the 'how hard can I be comfortable without contact' game.

Once the widebody fenders are on, I will get down to proper adjustments.

The rears at 15 from hard feel just right.

I also have some 1/4" spacers for the rear.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Really think those megans look good on there. I may have to invest in a set for Jasmine...
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

So my passenger side headlight motor gave out last night.

Looks like I get to source a new one this weekend as well as some fenders. Then I need to install my rear spacers.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

what kind of spacers did you end up getting? size?

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

Images

1/4" spacers, they are just shims.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Images

Spacers and strut tower bar installed today. I also installed my radio bezel I have had in the trunk for a couple of years. I got tired of moving it around.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

does it look even now after the spacers?
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Images

It brings the rears out a good chunk, making it look more even. They are now just a mm or two shy of contact with the fender lip, so that is about right.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Did the headlamp get fixed as well?
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

No.

The only 5th gen on the yard had the motors taken already.

I found a headlight for the Buick (and a hood and a fender and a door) and the strut tower brace for Chaos, but that was about it. The pickings were slim today. I only bought two pieces today.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Images

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

nice, i like, btw i think u need to start a build thread for the buick
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Thread Information