CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarZeus
    I don't know if this applies but I put an '86 3SGE Head on a '92 Camry 5SFE block in my '86 GTS. Only a very few modifications are needed and there are no wiring or computer changes at all. This is actually my first Toyota I've ever owned and the car didn't run when I bought it (for $400) so I can't say accurately if it's a big power boost or not, but it does run great and has plenty of power for a light little celica. Also, there might be other blocks that this will work with that would make better power but I got this block for free with 0 miles on it.
    Basically you will be stroking it if you do that and you will gain some power and torque a lot of guys going for real high hp out of a 3sgte will use a 5sfe block with crank and get some after marker rods and pistons because now you have a 2.2 and the crank is stronger out of the 5sfe i know someone who is running 700 hp on it and its stable.

i still take pride in having the baddest civic eater in the junga.... old ass 3sge, suprises me still... cept for crackin a spring shes been a good girl...
    swap is done and over! sucessfull, brakes, motor, steering wheel, hatch springs to Raise! (yup raise i said it!) it up almost 2'' straight rally coupe!
    and me stuff is only sleepin till i let the clutch out to fast..... hahaha!
    ~-=DEATH BY SNOOCH SNOOCH ! ! !=-~
    : BEWARE OF CRAZY ROMANIANS :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TRACK STATS AS OF 3-14-10:
    0-60; 6.45sec/ Quarter mile:14.7 @ 126.7mph, uti dyno run: 226bhp 200-/+Whp @ 6300rpm
    From a*almost STOCK JDM 3sGE, with a USDM ECU first gen, COLD AIR,oversized injectors, and a cracked Cherrybomb for that growl (lol!)
    Superstreet cover? -FAIL!!!!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

built 3sgte into a 162 gts. now with a e153 trans as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

updated:1994' JDM 3sge 2.0 from a w20 mr2 swapped in to a celica st162
    running first gen computer, no coldstart, avis as tvis (map is pretty close id say)
    upgraded fuel injectors,
    4-2-1 header for that low end tourqe / low growl to a baffle free muffler
    no ac,
    no power steering,
    alternator relocated,
    no starter.
    battery in boot,
    ripped out heater/ac panel for bat switch panel / accessories
    gutted interior,
    exedy clutch, lightened stock flywheel from 3sge usdm
    hood struts
    straight FF Drift machine!
    ~-=DEATH BY SNOOCH SNOOCH ! ! !=-~
    : BEWARE OF CRAZY ROMANIANS :

TRACK STATS AS OF 3-14-10:
    0-60; 6.45sec/ Quarter mile:14.7 @ 126.7mph, uti dyno run: 226bhp 200-/+Whp @ 6300rpm
    From a*almost STOCK JDM 3sGE, with a USDM ECU first gen, COLD AIR,oversized injectors, and a cracked Cherrybomb for that growl (lol!)
    Superstreet cover? -FAIL!!!!

Junior Member bajachris88 is on a distinguished road

Images

tekstep01, with the engine running off the original ecu, whats it like?

gutzy still? doesn't run ill?

I'm about to do the same, but am concerned about swapping computers. Cause i'm not sure what other work will be involved to make sure all the dash gauge systems work and what not.

the rest ain't a prob... but i'd like to keep the original dash.

I have successfully completed the conversion of my gen1 3sgte to a jdm gen2, but in the process of dialing things in have decided that I will not be completing the project...all of the electrical works perfectly, and that is what I consider my biggest accomplishment considering that I completed the conversion myself with only the wiring diagrams of the original engine/ecu and that of the new engine and ecu.

If anyone needs any assistance with the swap, let me know, as I have pleanty of resources to share.

Evan.

last friday, i bought a JDM 89 3SGTE motor complete with trans, ecu etc.... for my 88 Celica GT Convertible. it was already shipped I should be getting it by the end of the week. My question is whill the GT harness connect to the All Trac Harness? And i would have to run a seperate gauge for the turbo too right? I have my mechanic helping me, but i would like to get a feel of wat to expect as i dig into the swap....

Ok so I'm starting the swap and but before I go and start spending money I want to know what all I need to do and the tricks to make everything work so this is what I'm wanting to work with 94 and up 3sgte out of the mr2 so it will have the LSD tranny in my 87 gts td06 turbo 264 cams with new valve springs and retainers I'm more or less worried about the computer and wiring to my dash and that the shifting cables are going to be on the wrong side kinda curious about how we fix them issues the easy way if u see any issues let me know I already have the 255 fuel pump

I am currently in the process of transplanting a 5S-FE and ECT from a 1993 GTS into a 1988 convertable that was an MT. Before you ask, I had a totaled 1993 with a good eng and trans and got a great deal on the convertable with a knocking rod so I figured what the heck. So far the engine and trans install was pretty straight forward form the mechanical side. All I had to do was widen the upper motor mount by the battery a little and it bolted right in axles and all. Now I'm sorting out the wiring and making pretty good progress. I was an electronics tech in another life and that really helps. I had to use the ECU from the 1993 because of the ECT so I'm splicing it in to the 1988 harness. I have a lot of wiring diagrams that I culled on-line for both so I'm making progress. I'll update later as I get it going.

Thread Information