CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Need to know about 3SFE Motor Mounts

Hello everyone, I'm new. My online name is mensajero from RAV4world.com. Yes, a RAV4, here is my problem. My RAV4 has the very popular 3SFE engine. But, I'm having problems with the Header. As I come up my houses carport. The incline causes a jolt on the engine. Since the header is a custom exhaust system. It tends to crack the pipes. I've tried a flex tube already, it has helped a little. But I'm going through my third header in four years.

I'm planning to install a new header from OBXracing header along with polyurethane engine mounts (EM). The EM will help solidify the engine so when I pop the clutch, the engine won't jolt and crack my header. The 3SFE engine is a very popular engine with Celica's. Does anyone know who sells or makes polyurethane engine mounts for my RAV4 in the USA, specifically Florida. I've check everywhere so far.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hmmmm. I have both a rav4 and a celica. The problem is they use differant mounts...
    Look into filling your mounts with a urethane above shore 60 maybe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah, unfortunally while the motor codes may be the same, the mounting points/locations and mount dimensions are different.

You can do as the nut above said, a poly fill on your old mounts. Also google is your friend in this case.

First result..
    http://www.rav4world.com/forums/94-4...available.html
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Thank you very much guys.

Thread Information