CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default '89 Convertible Top problems

This is the first convertible I've ever owned, so I'm not very well versed on the subject. Anyway, the top on my '89 GT has stopped going up. The last time I put it up was about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine. Any information on its operation and what I should look for would be appreciates.

Thanks

Remove, carefully disassemble and clean the switch contacts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think that's the problem. My son was looking at the pump assembly while I was try to put it up and he said he could hear the motor running. Any other suggestions? I read somewhere that there is oil in the system. Could low levels be the cause and if so how do you fill it?

Thanks again.

It could very well be the oil being low. However, I had the same problem and it was the impeler in the motor, not the fluid.

It would be worth a shot to check the fluid level.

I can't remember what the oil is, it's somthing common like steering fluid though...

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Thread Information