CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile 2010-Interior/Exterior Plans

Post up plans you have for your interior or exterior of your car for 2010!

I just want to get some discussion going. Please just post your plans as you can post your progress in your "My Project" section for your car specifically or just give us the cliff notes and link to your project thread.

The intent of this thread is to get member's plans for 2010 in a thread. Please keep it on topic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Wash my car, paint my mud guards a shiny black to match the paint. Possibly get some new wheels if I can find anything I like that's 16x8+35.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

No one else has any plans? I guess CTech is all go and no show?

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

I have lots of "plans" for the interior and exterior of my GT - but not quite sure if I can bankroll those plans.

The GT is my "road car" and has been setup pretty well mechanically by the previous ownder - rebuilt engine, new suspension, two sets of wheels and tires, good exhaust.

Yet it is an older car and the interior shows it to some degree. I don't have a camera handy but you can get a look at my interior here:

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44590

The car really needs new visors and a headliner - and the seat covers leave something to be desired for me - note that while I have a "need for speed" - here in my "reclining years" I also have a desire for luxury.

Thus my primary focus for this car is the interior. I had thought about getting some of those leather seat cover kits from eBay shown in another thread here - until someone (I think Murgatroy) here planted the "seeds of envy" in my heart by suggesting that ST184 power seats would be a much better choice to renovate. Now - I just can't do without them!

So re-doing my GT interior is #1 on my list for "car projects" this year.

I also need to have some exterior work done on the same car - the trunk lid has problems - the car was hit in the rear in the past and the trunk has a bad spot and also closes kind of "wonky" - the passenger side hinge seems to be knocked a bit out of place. The piece below the trunk lid and above the bumper is cracked as well - it needs to be either repaired or replaced.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

No interior plans. Unless you call taking out the cluster and fixing the gas hand a plan.

Exterior: Paint, fix dog-eared trunk corner, fix roof(P.O. somehow dented it and creased the bottom of the dent)

I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

To elaborate on my plans for 2010:

I want to re-cover the interior with Black Alcantra/MicroSuede.
    Seat centers will be perforated and outer sections and head rests will be solid.
    Piping and stitching will be bright red.

I also plan to redo the center console/door panels and dash in the same material.
    It will be solid with red piping or stitching. Only the door panel inserts will get perforated Alcantra/MicroSuede.

I will also hopefully weld the sunroof shut and use a non-sunroof headliner covered in black Alcantra/MicroSuede also.

Long term plans for the exterior include a couple surprises, but one will be new paint.
    Lord knows she needs it.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Gets some new multi-colored body panels.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
    Gets some new multi-colored body panels.
    I really think you need to either get some gray, or blue panels.

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I have a grey hood and a primer grey decklid and rear panel.

I need white, blue, teal and black.

Grey, red and maroon are covered.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

i plan on getting kyb's in the summer. and keep the exterior nice and shiny.
    -16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Sprint 1.5 lowering Springs
    -Iceman Cai

Gettin' the parts together to do a major suspension upgrade; swaybars, strut braces, coilovers. Also plan on putting in a short shifter, intake, full exhaust system and a TB spacer. For looks I'm putting on power folding mirrors and might be getting wheel spacers for the rear and a new spoiler. Once I get all the parts together it's all goin' in at one time so expect to see it in 'My Projects'.

*for some reason I think I'm forgetting something....

I'm going to do wheels this year. I've got three good ones on the son's old car and I'm going to get one new one. They're Konig Incidents. Not exactly what I want but I can't beat the price.

I also need to do some wet sanding and buffing on the paint. I got a couple of runs in it when i painted last year.

I'm also thinking about putting a strobe stripe on it. What I mean by this is something like the stripe that came on the early 70's Cudas. It starts out dashed at the rear and goes to solid, pointed stripe toward the front. Murg will probably know what I'm talking about. There's a Tiburon in town that has one and I like the way that it looks. I think it will go well on the 5th gen. I'll try and find a picture of what I'm talking about.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

i like my carbon fiber...wrapping select parts of my dash...radio bezel, air vents and shift surround....then i'll try the console lid

Member Flux is on a distinguished road Flux's Avatar

Images

I have a few things i might be able to budget in.

-Lower it about 1" to 1.5"
    -Rear Sway Bar
    -Window Tint
    -Hopefully some Rain Guards
    -I want to get some 16x7's that will match flush with the body. Dont really want to use spacers...
    '91 GT Coupe

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

My chassis is shot. Basically just a rusty piece of shit.

This year I'll try and at least repair whats on the outside so the car isn't full of gaping holes anymore, but I don't want to spend a lot of money doing this. I'm hoping to one day find another shell but I think it will be fun to try.

Exterior:

-Get rid of as much rust as possible and coat underbody.
    -Cut off several rusted body panels, make new ones from sheet metal, weld them on.
    -Sand and paint car.
    -Put everything back together. (RC bumper)

Interior:

-Since its nearly completely stripped right now, everything will be thoroughly washed, steam cleaned, vacuumed etc.
    -Put interior back together.
    -Paint that black trim piece around the gauge cluster silver. Not the one on the outside but under the plastic screen.
    -Move my TVSV LED's from the shifter trim to somewhere more eye level.
    -Try and fix the tear in the driver seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    I have a few things i might be able to budget in.

-Lower it about 1" to 1.5"
    -Rear Sway Bar
    -Window Tint
    -Hopefully some Rain Guards
    -I want to get some 16x7's that will match flush with the body. Dont really want to use spacers...
    For the sway bar, go with Suspension Techniques, as for the wheels, look for something between a +40 to a +35 offset.

The 'Princess' of third gens... dynamic73 is on a distinguished road dynamic73's Avatar
    dynamic73 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! dynamic73 has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus20v View Post
    No one else has any plans? I guess CTech is all go and no show?
    I've worked on my car for 7 years now. If it doesn't look good enough now. Then it never will. I think I've done enough. I'm moving on to other projects.

IF YOU RACE IT...IT WILL BREAK

Quote Originally Posted by dynamic73 View Post
    I've worked on my car for 7 years now. If it doesn't look good enough now. Then it never will. I think I've done enough. I'm moving on to other projects.
    Yeah, I'd agree your car is basically done.

If there is something you have yet to do on it, I didn't see it last year...
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    I'm going to do wheels this year. I've got three good ones on the son's old car and I'm going to get one new one. They're Konig Incidents. Not exactly what I want but I can't beat the price.

I also need to do some wet sanding and buffing on the paint. I got a couple of runs in it when i painted last year.

I'm also thinking about putting a strobe stripe on it. What I mean by this is something like the stripe that came on the early 70's Cudas. It starts out dashed at the rear and goes to solid, pointed stripe toward the front. Murg will probably know what I'm talking about. There's a Tiburon in town that has one and I like the way that it looks. I think it will go well on the 5th gen. I'll try and find a picture of what I'm talking about.
    They are called 'billboards.' They were normally solid at the rear and dashed to the front.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Images

I am doing coilovers and new tires. I am gonna do a patch panel on my driver's rocker. Some nice shiny sheet metal and rivets! Probably be looking for some widebody fenders. Get a factory strut brace. Ball Joints and tie rods. Run some zip ties up my busted nosepiece.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Not sure on interior yet, I'm going to focus to get the drivetrain done, then spruce up the exterior.

After drivetrain and stoptrain is completed, I'll look into a paint job. I'll be removing the black trim around the body as well.

After Swap's done, I'm going to put in a vent/scoop (the gt4).

Scoop desired:

As pictured on a GT4

Colors I'm juggling right now are the original stock color:

Or going back to a nice deeper blue one

Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

I've seen that vent/scope on a 4th gen somewhere. It looks good.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Go midnight blue!

She's sold
    !

New front windshield- over 300k miles ftl. It looks like somebody sandblasted it.
    Get my tint redone. I think it was done in 1998, IIRC, and it's way past it's expiration date.
    Remove 92 GTS bumper cover in favor of a 92 GT, fogs also. Mod GT cover a little. I think that's about all the budget could handle for the year.
    I'd like to do some body work and paint one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    Maybe you'd be interested in something like this- side

Thread Information