CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: What Brand of Tires do You Buy?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firestone

2 2.02%
  • Goodyear

2 2.02%
  • BF Goodrich

8 8.08%
  • Hankook

7 7.07%
  • Michelin

4 4.04%
  • Dunlop

6 6.06%
  • Bridgestone

4 4.04%
  • Pirelli

4 4.04%
  • Toyo

6 6.06%
  • Anything on sale

8 8.08%
  • kumho

19 19.19%
  • other

29 29.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kumho XS are the only non-track only tires I have found that hold the power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Falken 452 - 235/40 on a 17 inch rim. I've been very pleased so far, and the 235s only rub when I hit a significant bump, or a reasonable bump while cornering really hard.

They didn't sell the Kumho tires that I wanted in my size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Daisy - Daily driver.
    1985 Toyota Celica GT Delilah - Sold.
    1984 Celica Supra project (unnamed) - Currently in the low budget parts acquisition phase.

I'd love to get a new set of Bridgestone PLayz for my MR2, they are amazing tires.

94 JDM ST205
    94 JDM SW20
    91 JDM ST185 RC

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by d1alltrac View Post
    FYI; the UTQG traction rating only relates to wet traction. example, a bridgestone RE11 has a traction rating of 'A' but a bfg traction t/a has a rating of 'AA'. The RE11 is obviously the stickier tire.

Those conti's are good tires though, I was considering a set a while back.
    Actually the UTQG is set by the manufacturer so it doesn't mean shit.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    Kumho XS are the only non-track only tires I have found that hold the power.
    They are a good tire. I've heard that they can get a bit scary in the rain though.

Up here in the PNW people seem to go with the Dunlop Star Specs or the RE11s.

Some people have been racing on the RS3s but no reviews of them in the rain.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

I voted for hankook cause I LOVE my rs2s.

BUT they have been discontinued and the rs3 does not come in 14" sizes.

I am planning on getting star specs next. I don't know where (other than tirerack) to get them.

I work at a goodyear store and I called the warehouse and they had never heard of them. (goodyear owns dunlop)

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

My buddy got star specs through his warehouse (goodyear in Renton, WA)...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Anyone use Yoko AVS intermediates before they were discontinued years ago? They were great tires and the ES100s that replaced them aren't. I'm using cheap Kumhos on the alltrac now which are "ok" but then, many tires would be "ok" on an alltrac with basically stock power. Michelin pilot sports have done well on the Supra in the past but are painfully expensive.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

Haven't ran those but I've been hearing good stuff about the Yokohama S.drive, nice well rounded tire good for daily driving and some spirited driving. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=131 not an autocross tire but a good summer tire

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

I have yokohama parada spec2 195/50 r15 in the celica!

CAR Magazine January 1988 - "The celica happens to be about the best handling FWD car you can buy!"

Captain Lone Dragon Slayer... Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S's Avatar
    Carolina91GT-S has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Carolina91GT-S has donated to the forums!

I know I am late add on here but I have Falken 512s on 2 of the Celicas and Falken 912s on the Supra. i was kinda suprised not to see Falken on the list, I know a lot fo people on Ctech run them.

Carolina Jr has the BF Goodrich GForce Sport, I think I like them

I have 35" BF Goodrich ATS on the jeep

Most recent update 8/30/2013

"You'll never make it"

"Nonsense, you only say never because no one ever has."

Interco for the bug, BFG for the Mustang, Firestone for the Celica
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

1990 Celica GT 5spd - I will call you OEM (oh-emm)
    Ram Moose Bug'n Bug

MR2 has Falken FK452s on it. 255s in the rear, 215s in the front. They seem like a decent tire. Definately great for the money.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

I run Firestone INDY 500 FireHawk Performance tires on my MG rear end. They run me about $150 each, but they grip so sweet and when im braking, banking and heel-toeing, they squeal up something mean and make me smile everytime!

Rears are 295/50/15 and my fronts are from PepBoys, they are 265/50/15.

Why is the option only limited to one tire? On my Alltrac I have Toyo Proxes on the back and Dunlop SP3000's up front. On the Jeep I have Bridgestone Potenzas and on the SSGT I have Hercules...but those are being swapped for some N3000(ZR) Nexxens OR maybe some Dunlop Direzzas.
    Give me a break....Trix are for kidz, really?

Quote Originally Posted by gt4tified View Post
    Why is the option only limited to one tire? On my Alltrac I have Toyo Proxes on the back and Dunlop SP3000's up front. On the Jeep I have Bridgestone Potenzas and on the SSGT I have Hercules...but those are being swapped for some N3000(ZR) Nexxens OR maybe some Dunlop Direzzas.

Because thats blasphemy! lol I am loyal to Firestone, except when I buy BF Goodrich. I dont like all types of random tires, and im deffinately no fan of Kumho. Kumho is the cheapest of the cheap out here, you buy it at discount tire if you cant afford the BF Goodrich or Firestone ones! lol

Images

Firestone = bridgestone...

If you think Kumho is cheap... try nexen, kelly (subsidary of goodyear/dunlop), Wanli, *insert chinese tire manufacturer*

Every manufacturer makes at least a few cheap (usually crap) tires. Most manufacturers also make good ones. An example is Goodyear, they make the integritys, which are garbage, but they also make the F1 GS-D3, which is a pretty damn good tire.

I've driven (and raced) on many, many different tires. But for me the comfort and life of the tire is always below the overall grip and response of the tire for the purpose (I have summer tires, all seasons, race tires ("Street" and DOT slicks), and winter tires and swap through them as I see fit).

I'm a tire whore...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Firestone = bridgestone...

If you think Kumho is cheap... try nexen, kelly (subsidary of goodyear/dunlop), Wanli, *insert chinese tire manufacturer*

Every manufacturer makes at least a few cheap (usually crap) tires. Most manufacturers also make good ones. An example is Goodyear, they make the integritys, which are garbage, but they also make the F1 GS-D3, which is a pretty damn good tire.

I've driven (and raced) on many, many different tires. But for me the comfort and life of the tire is always below the overall grip and response of the tire for the purpose (I have summer tires, all seasons, race tires ("Street" and DOT slicks), and winter tires and swap through them as I see fit).

I'm a tire whore...

tried out all kinds of rubber, eh? lol im allergic to some.... Kuhmo is one of them

Images

50% of autocrossers on slicks use Hoosiers, 40% use Kumhos, the other 10% use whatever else.

Like I said, sounds like you've tried some cheap Kumhos, and that's exactly what you got. The new Kumho rains are AMAZING

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....del=Ecsta+W710

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

I love the firestone ones... thier performance tires are amazing.. but I would love to test out the Nitto NT-01's... when they first came out I was trying to get a set so bad, now im just waiting till the lady will approve the money shovel.

kumho's all season nice price and they look good

My favorite tire so far has been nitto's. Was skeptical about buying them. But they paid for themselves in enjoyment. It's like glue to the ground IMO

hankook hrII
    Custom Intake
    Universal Muffler
    Hawk HP Brake Pads
    2002 MR2 Spyder Wheels
    Lowered By Zenn Springs 1.8" dropped

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

has anyone used the nitto nt neogen vr tires?

i am also looking at the Yokohama S.drive and the Falken Ziex ZE-912.
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Junior Member Mr.Rift is on a distinguished road

Images

I use nitto and i swear by them. I use them on my truck mudgrapplers. When i had them on my mustang it was the first time i ever hooked up enuff to take my front tires off the ground. I used to use micket thompsons. I cant wait til put some nittos on my celica. Ill give them a good thrashing and let ya know how they stand up.

Yokohama S. Drives.

Always find them priced right, and they have held up to some amazing mileage with minimal wear. They're not the greatest in heavy rain, but they are perfect for performance touring.

Thread Information