CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: What Brand of Tires do You Buy?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firestone

2 2.02%
  • Goodyear

2 2.02%
  • BF Goodrich

8 8.08%
  • Hankook

7 7.07%
  • Michelin

4 4.04%
  • Dunlop

6 6.06%
  • Bridgestone

4 4.04%
  • Pirelli

4 4.04%
  • Toyo

6 6.06%
  • Anything on sale

8 8.08%
  • kumho

19 19.19%
  • other

29 29.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i run bfg kdw2 on the alltrac right now, kumho mx for autox, hankook rs-2 for when those wear out and the cheapest decent tire jessse can get me for the dd rims.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It depends.

I was a big fan of Toyo, but they are hard to come by in Knoxville. I have been running Hankook for a while now, and I am not that impressed. I have some Yokohamas on Chaos now, and they are utter shit. Crap in the rain, and horrible tread life.

I think I am gonna go back with some Toyos when I buy my new set of tires in a couple of weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
    It depends.

I was a big fan of Toyo, but they are hard to come by in Knoxville. I have been running Hankook for a while now, and I am not that impressed. I have some Yokohamas on Chaos now, and they are utter shit. Crap in the rain, and horrible tread life.

I think I am gonna go back with some Toyos when I buy my new set of tires in a couple of weeks.
    Remember, every manufacturer makes crap tires. *except hoosier* So instead of buying the lowest of the manufacturer buy something middle of the line maybe? Or something higher. Toyo R1Rs = awesome, Toyota RA1s = awesome, Toyo Proxes 4 = kinda crap.

Yoko ES100s = eh, mostly crap. Yoko Neova AD08 = sex

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hiko View Post
    Racing tire wise, I have just used the Falken Azeni RT-615, and the Kuhmo XS (it's comparable to the RE-11's and Star Specs).
    I can't run the XS as they're SCARY in the rain, reminiscent of the RT215s of yesteryear.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Yokohama A048s and other assorted Yokohama truck and passenger car tires.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

Images

A048... kinda sorta street tire... except any racing organization that has a "street tire" class says it's not. In that same aspect Hoosier A6s are street tires...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

i had hankooks, but they wore down to fast. now I'm running Capitol 205/60r15 90h N5000 and i like them a lot, good all weather tire.
    http://www.hearkencreative.com/desig...l-n5000-2.html
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

for the beater, eh what i can find on ebay in a 225/45/16

truck, same thing cept it has 18s and i got 5 225/40/18s for 100 bucks, 2 are crap though

gts, falkens or yokohamas, although i may try hankooks soon cause they are grippy as hell on the beater
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Pirelli on my Celi. 205 55r15

just kumhos

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

celica=general exclaim uhp-summer, toyo all seasons-storage tires lol,
    4runner =has old bfg's(dot number is 99)
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut View Post
    Kumho ecsta's Cheap and sexy
    x2.

Celica-the cheap Falkens....good grip but tread life BLOWES and they tend to go flat if parked for more then a week-probably get another set soon cuz i kinda like them
    F350-the NICE BFGs (dont remember the actual name of them) in 275/80/20...most amamzing tires ever 5k on them and they look brand new
    those who follow the rules let their lives be ruled by fears and what ifs those like me like their lves in the moment and nvr look back

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KM View Post
    x2.
    It'd be nice if you specified the actual model...

ASX
    AST
    V710
    ETC.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    It'd be nice if you specified the actual model...

ASX
    AST
    V710
    ETC.
    AST KU25
    XS KU36

AST last forever, and I have them mounted on my 17s.
    I have a set of XS on alloys that I use when it's dry and I want to have fun. They get real good grip, but are a little loud on the instate.

I should get 3 votes! All 3 Celicas in my family are running BF Goodrich Traction T/A's. All are running P205/60R14's, and that is a difficult size to find anymore.

The T/A's are excellent for cornering, dry & wet traction, and not bad in snow. The only drawback is that as they wear down, the get a little noisy. But overall, not a bad tire at all.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I have bf goodrich radial t/a's on my truck. They were the cheapest I could find I. A 215/70/14. And that's a pain in the ass size to find. Set was over $400. Couldn't order online, was leaving town in 3 days.

Thy are a decent tire. My rears wore twice as fast as the fronts. They are a decent all weather tire. But nohing like I'd expect a $100 tire to perform.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I have those same BFG's on my stock 14's (205/60 traction t/a's)...can't say I like them but they were super cheap. I should have gone with 195/55 t1r's or whatever size rt615's.

For anything 17"+ I like the higher end potenzas. I loved the RE01R's but the RE050A PolePositions were better suited to the alltrac since I like driving in the rain. I'm looking forward to trying some RE11's in the near future but they probably won't like the water much either. I loved the michelin PS2's also but the RE050a pole positions were cheaper and only lacked some dry grip in comparison...still not sure about the RE070 as they're a bit pricey.

I might try some of the star spec's or hankook ventus r-s3 to save a little cash.
    Last edited by d1alltrac; 06-29-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    ST165 x2

got traction T/As also i like them there a little old but they still work good when i need them to
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

The mini came stock with Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST.. total crap, too expensive, hard riding, fast wearing, and a traction rating of A for a car that is built for curvies... $329.00 (each)...
    I swapped them out before the tread was worn because I lost confidence in them. went with Continental ContiSportContact 3 SSR
    The Conti's are HOLY SHIT sticky (traction rating is AA) price came out to right around $150 each mounted and balanced ride is 10x smoother. For a Runflat it is an awesome tire.

PS. Continental is not in your poll.
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I have Kumho Ecsta AST's on my Celica now, but I'll replace them with Bridgestone Potenza RE11's when the Kumho tires wear out.

For regular passenger car all season tires (non performance), I love Michelins.

I have Michelin's on the SAAB and they make that car ride like even more of a dream than usual.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
    The mini came stock with Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST.. total crap, too expensive, hard riding, fast wearing, and a traction rating of A for a car that is built for curvies... $329.00 (each)...
    I swapped them out before the tread was worn because I lost confidence in them. went with Continental ContiSportContact 3 SSR
    The Conti's are HOLY SHIT sticky (traction rating is AA) price came out to right around $150 each mounted and balanced ride is 10x smoother. For a Runflat it is an awesome tire.

PS. Continental is not in your poll.
    FYI; the UTQG traction rating only relates to wet traction. example, a bridgestone RE11 has a traction rating of 'A' but a bfg traction t/a has a rating of 'AA'. The RE11 is obviously the stickier tire.

Those conti's are good tires though, I was considering a set a while back.
    ST165 x2

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by d1alltrac View Post
    FYI; the UTQG traction rating only relates to wet traction. example, a bridgestone RE11 has a traction rating of 'A' but a bfg traction t/a has a rating of 'AA'. The RE11 is obviously the stickier tire.

Those conti's are good tires though, I was considering a set a while back.
    You are correct about that. however, generally (NOT ALWAYS), if it is a stickier in the rain, it will be sticker in the dry too.

My cornering is definitely improved with the conties though.
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Quote Originally Posted by Ku-sama View Post
    Fuzion ZRI's
    i had those on my is300 when i had it.. loved those tires. got a good deal on them too. but ill stick with Toyos. amazing tires. end story.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

The Miata wears Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec and the Celica wears 215/40/17 Fuzion ZRi in the summer and 185/65/14 Nokian WR in the cold/winter months.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

Thread Information