CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: What Brand of Tires do You Buy?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firestone

2 2.02%
  • Goodyear

2 2.02%
  • BF Goodrich

8 8.08%
  • Hankook

7 7.07%
  • Michelin

4 4.04%
  • Dunlop

6 6.06%
  • Bridgestone

4 4.04%
  • Pirelli

4 4.04%
  • Toyo

6 6.06%
  • Anything on sale

8 8.08%
  • kumho

19 19.19%
  • other

29 29.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What Brand of Tires do You Buy?

What Brand of Tires do You Buy?

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Kumho ecsta's Cheap and sexy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

I have Kumho tires right now that were on the car when I bought it - normally I buy Continental's - great tires on the road but wear out fast.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

Im running hankook 35" mts now.. $1400 installed

poll edited to add kumhos

CelicaTech Supporter rizin is on a distinguished road
    rizin has been to an annual Dragon Meet! rizin has donated to the forums!

Images

Hankook so far on my Celi was the ceapest at the time.

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar
    lburner has donated to the forums!

Kumho's baby........

Falken Azenis RT615's

Best 5000 mile tire I've ever owned.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hankooks:
    RS-2s, Winter Ipikes, Ventus Z214 C70 compound

or Hoosiers:
    Bias Ply Road Racing Tire R25A Compound.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Falken Azenis RT615's

Best 5000 mile tire I've ever owned.
    Try the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs or the Advan Neovas or Bridgestone RE11s; if you think the RT615s are good, any of these will blow your mind.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I've been running Falken for a few years now.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

I said "anything on sale", but i figure that needs some explaining.

I'm not talking pep boy's 4 for $99 deals...
    Best tire i can get for the lowest price, just not brand loyal.

Running:
    Dunlop mud terrains on my 4x4's
    Sumitomo HTRZ on the Celica
    Pirelli zero on the RX7
    Firestone firehawks on the camaro (R.I.P)
    Goodyears on the ex's car
    and so on...

all were purchased for $40-75 ea, either by sales, or club discounts (my camaro club gets a discount at discount tire).
    YARRR!

'92 GT - Auto, Second OwnerSOLD
    !
    '93 GT - S54 Trans, Megan Racing 2" coils, SOLD
    !

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Try the Dunlop Direzza Star Specs or the Advan Neovas or Bridgestone RE11s; if you think the RT615s are good, any of these will blow your mind.
    I'm diggin the star specs, but this go round I only had to buy 3 tires. When I change I'll have to buy 5.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Hey baby, you want some fries with that shake? Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles! is a name known to all Waffles!'s Avatar
    Waffles! has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Waffles! has donated to the forums! Waffles! helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Waffles! helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Waffles! helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Waffles! helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I have Falken Ziex ZE-512s on the front and Falken Ziex ZE-912 on the back of the MR2. I love Falken.

Originally Posted by temperacerguy
    OK, the german sheppard is hot

real girls give stick

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

Toyo Observes for winter tires, Yokohama's in el summer.
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by brak View Post
    I said "anything on sale", but i figure that needs some explaining.

I'm not talking pep boy's 4 for $99 deals...
    Best tire i can get for the lowest price, just not brand loyal.

My street tires have ranged from yokohama es100's, to Kuhmo 711's, and now I'm on Hankook Ventus HRIII's.

Racing tire wise, I have just used the Falken Azeni RT-615, and the Kuhmo XS (it's comparable to the RE-11's and Star Specs).
    She lives!!!

And now thrives. Took 3 years and an embarrassing amount of money, but tooooooooootally worth it

Fuzion ZRI's

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Falken for me as well. Probably going to try a different one next time tho. Those things wear so fast on my celi.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Other... Falken .... not easy to find stock sized tires for my '92 vert 205/60 14's

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Falken Azenis RT615's
    Same as I run on the AllTrac.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

nitto.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

Kumhos, as theyre one of the only manufacturers that makes the right size rear tires on my Mr2s 15 inch wheels.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Formerly itsoktosmokev8s Mr. Babb is on a distinguished road Mr. Babb's Avatar
    Mr. Babb has donated to the forums! Mr. Babb helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I am currently running Uniroyal's on my Tacoma, they were on it when I bought it. I have put about 40k miles on them since the end of May 09, they seem to be good tires and still have tread left.

When its time to replace them I will buy the best tire for the least money; I'm not prejudice towards brand.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Falkens for me too. And Yokohama's sometimes. But I'm not a die hard. I'd be looking to try some others next time. I had some dunlops on there and absolutely despized them.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Falkens for me.

Thread Information