CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Member v8killer is on a distinguished road

Images

Default custom carbon parts

we(team vendetta) have a place where we can make custom carbon parts for the toyota celica 86 to current. the prices will be announced when the interest is confirmed. the parts we are gauging interest in are:

st16x: oem style hood, vented hood with the "rc hood bulge", rear hatch and other styling bits, and my favorite a full carbon roof(only installed in california) my car will be the test bed for most of these parts and pics will be up soon.

st18x/at180: oem hood, alltrac hood, rear hatch, full carbon roof, trunk for the coupe guys, and other styling bits.

st20x: oem hood, full carbon roof, rear hatch, oem wing, possible gt-four wing inserts/extensions and other styling parts.

zzt23x: full carbon hood, rear hatch, oem hood with larger scoop.

please list any other parts you for sure will want to buy, and let everyone know there will be parts finally available for your celica!

there is a minimum amount but it will not be ridiculous like ten or something.

contact me by:
    phone 831 207 9851
    facebook, sleeper_165@yahoo.com
    or pm/email- this will take a bit since i am hardly on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    black st165 sleeper- the v8 killin' 2.0L bottle of whoop-ass!
    mods: you wish you knew!
    "Straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers" Colin McRae- RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Luni
    Are you serious?

Jesus, you really should just get a fucking sportscar that was designed to go fast.

I would love to see 185 trunk and/or roof.
    They make them for the Del Sol, and they're wickedly badass.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I may be interested in the st16x hood providing pics and price.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Also if you were to do a st16x carbon trunk for a coupe model I would buy one without any second thought. I didn't fully read the first post so I understand about the price but pics would be awesome even if just Photoshop.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Unsocially Acceptable acidice333 is on a distinguished road
    acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

Can you make a replacement ST185 hatch but instead of a clone in carbon how about a trunk/bed style? Something like straight down from the top hinges, all the way down to the spare wheel and flat all the way and then back up to the latch

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Steve your talking something like some of the rx7 hatches. To have a rear similar to a del sol?

Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco BlueDragon will become famous soon enough BlueDragon's Avatar

Images

That would be awesome I see it like going down to right above the back seats and behind them slightly... with a small window that would be much lighter then a stock one, perhaps one that actually opens in some fashion so we don't hafta die inside our black on black leather saunas.... sorry its gotta be close to 100 here lol but blocking all that sun light and providing some air flow would improve a 185 a million times IMO.

Also I think a 18X hood with a large vent for the multitude of people whom have FMIC setups? I am so tempted to take my dremel to my hood and re-weld the scoop on backwards because all the heat is getting stuck in my engine bay. booooo

Unsocially Acceptable acidice333 is on a distinguished road
    acidice333 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! acidice333 has donated to the forums!

More like a Del Sol but with a bed so I can throw stuff in like a truck

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'd be interested in the st162 hood with the RC vents/bulge pending pics & price of course
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Quote Originally Posted by acidice333 View Post
    More like a Del Sol but with a bed so I can throw stuff in like a truck
    Quite possibly the most ghey thing you have ever said Steve. Boooooooo! Go buy a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grot View Post
    Steve your talking something like some of the rx7 hatches. To have a rear similar to a del sol?
    On the Rx-7 it was made by a company called Mariah, and it was awesome.
    This would simply be the best thing ever for beautification of this chassis (ST18x).
    I planned something like this a while back but never had the funds or knowledge to make a proto.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

How much for a 18x alltrac hood?
    1990 GT-S

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

Interested in ST18x hatch and possible roof.

-Terracar

let us know about the cb oem style trunk im interested?
    Custom Intake
    Universal Muffler
    Hawk HP Brake Pads
    2002 MR2 Spyder Wheels
    Lowered By Zenn Springs 1.8" dropped

I'd definitely be interested in a hatch, also depending on pics/price.

And how about some headlight covers for those of us who already have a cf hood & want the headlights to match??
    '93 GT Coupe (money bags jr)

'90 AllTrac (money bags sr)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

5th gen trunk...

How bout a replica cooling panel in cf
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

I think the cooling panel and the headlight covers are a good idea.

Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Definitely would go for the ST185 rear hatch.

Also would you be willing to go as far as spoilers? The 3 piece coupe spoiler for a 4g would go along great with a carbon trunk.

Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I be interested in the 5th gen trunk for the couple model.

91T MR2 830whp 635wtq
    92 Celica WIP

From what I understand, carbon fiber is just like fiberglass (just a different cloth is used). I've had plenty of experience with fiberglass. (repairing my jetski, sub boxes, and bodykit) Theoretically, could I make a fiberglass hood just how I want it, then throw a sheet of carbon fiber ontop for the look? Ie: using CF for looks but fiberglass to fill in the rest since CF is so expensive.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

I am interested also, price and pics plz

i would be interested in parts for ST162 vert XD

yes carbon fiber composites are similar to fiberglass. You can lay-up the composites in the same manner as you would fiberglass, but should use epoxy as the binder. Since epoxy has better shear qualities and adheres to the fibers extremely well. You will also get better results if you vacuum bag the lay-up.

I plan on doing something like this is the fall during school. I want to make the front pieces out of real carbon fiber and possibly add a front diffuser if time permits. Making the molds will be the most time consuming process.

What exactly do you mean by "vaccuum bag"? That's interesting to know about using epoxy instead of resin. And I actually AM contemplating about replacing every single body panel with custom carbon parts....you can tell me that the image of a full carbon fiber body on an ST165 wouldn't look SEXY. I love the reflection CF gives...a full car like that would be badass. I've seen it done before on a MClaren but that's it. CF is very expensive though. So I would slowlyyyyy convert everything to CF from metal.
    ST165 with a 185 block and 205 head. TT supra fuel pump, garrett gt35r turbo, tial 38mm wg, HKS SSQV3 BOV, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Spec stage 2 clutch, MSD ignition, forged internals, ACL bearings, TRD suspension, full roll cage and a million other fun little things all wrapped up in one major headache

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Vacuum bag is a way to get all the air out of the layers of carbon fiber/whatever. Also used for some plastic molding processes.

Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

ya thats vacuum bagging...also helps force the resin into the fibers because of the pressure.

It would be cool to see a full carbon ST185, not sure if it would be worth it IMO. too much cost

Thread Information